1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaolin 7F is Overcentralizing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Apr 22, 2020.

Is Shaolin 7F overcentralizing in the endgame grinding meta?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:02 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Shaolin 7F is just too OP for endgame grinding. Right now I'm only a 13X INTshad, yet I always get at LEAST ~45m exp/hr with a partner+HS, in some cases up to 55m.

Why on earth would I bother going to other endgame grinding maps like Skeles, Petris, Newts, ToT, when they give like half the EXP of 7F at best? Sure, those have slightly better drops, but I don't know many players who would sacrifice 20m+ EPH for an extra ~2-4m meso in drops per hour (not to mention the effort to find a partner who's willing to do the same).

This map is too dominating in the meta and doesn't allow other, more interesting and equally endgame maps their chance to shine.

Here's a few ideas for discussion:
    • Buff drops/spawn(?)/exp(?) of other endgame grinding maps to counterbalance the absurd experience gain of 7F. (Would be tricky to balance with leeching)
    • More ToT love. It's gotten a few buffs here and there, but this lovely area in the game still goes underappreciated. For one thing, it would be nice to have easier access to the later ToT maps (Regrets, Oblivion) - maybe a portal to each instead of having to trek the whole way - the Temple is already way out there in the maple world, whereas Shaolin is just a couple clicks away from almost any city.
    • Recent map buffs in mind, Deep Ludi and Deep Aqua could also use a LOT more love when it comes to spawn rate/mob count/drops. These maps are still basically dead content except for card hunting. Would really like to see their drop tables updated to include some nice stuff. Grim/Phantom Watches, Gigantic Vikings, Sharks.
    • Oh, and who could forget Deep Leafre outside of Skeles? Everyone, apparently. SlimeXD Rextons, Brextons, Dragon Turtles, and Wyverns need loving. And maybe even some other Leafre mobs like Kents, Birks, Harps.
    • And of course we could always nerf Shaolin 7F. SlimeWink But I don't want there to be rioting in the streets of MapleLegends.
    Disagree? Have an opinion? Feel free to contribute your own ideas too.
    OnionHumming

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:02 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, shoalin 7F is overpowered exp wise.

But I think it is decently balanced by the fact that you don't really make much mesos on this map. If anything, I would like to see a further nerf to the drop rates so that you make even less (or perhaps even lose) mesos grinding on this map.

I would like to see temple of time become a better map to earn mesos. For example, what if we introduced reverse armors crafted via PoT? Then maybe there would be enough incentive to farm ToT because you could make more mesos per hr via the piece of time.

I don't think making it easier to get there really solves any issue, as people can just vote on their HS mules and use a teleport rock to get to the map they want to train at.

• Like Like x 4
  3. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:02 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    gotta agree here.
    who knows, maybe theyre actually planning to have half/none mesos drop % chance and lesser Eqp drop % chance in the future? anyway not all maps r meant to be on equal value (exp or mesos wise), so keep this in mind, theres always a trade off from different maps. Also, TOT does drop some good drops, if u actually check them up.

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Can you do this? I'm not sure if it has been patched in during my time away from the server but I distinctly remember having tested this with Tundra 3 years ago and it did not work. If you didn't complete the quests it tells you "you cannot go to that place".

In any case as a massive proponent of ToT since 2017 I would love for the exp rates there to be buffed since I love that area and would hop over without an ounce of hesitation if 7F is full (which it often is). The spawn rates have already been massively increased but still sees next to no business thanks to the sheer overpoweredness of 7F.

5. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    As much as I hate to say it, I think the best solution would be to nerf 7F in exp gain. Nerfing drops would not be sufficient in my opinion. Unless there were outrageous drop or exp buffs given to underutilized maps (the alternative being oblivion 4), there is absolutely no reason to venture outside of 7F to train. I say this as someone who trains quite frequently at 7F (170 corsair, 60m eph without event exp - duo with HS in map).

As a corsair, I've tested my experience gain at oblivion 4 in a 2 man (16x sair, 17x bucc with SE/SI/HS), and a 3 man party (16x sair, 17x bucc, 17x NL with SE/SI/HS) composition. The highest hourly exp rate I could get was about 35-40m eph as a duo. This was an epm1 started after being HS'd in the FM. In a real scenario, the true experience gain is likely lower due to the requirement of FM HS, unless there are GM buffs in which case 35-40m eph is a reasonable eph estimate. The problem with oblivion 4 is that maps are too large, and mobs are therefore spread too far apart compared to the compact layout of 7F.

This is not a difference of a "couple million" exp per hr - this is a difference of 20m exp per hour. It's extremely difficult to rationalize leaving 7F since the monetary gain between 7F and Oblivion 4 is esentially the same.

A little unrelated: one thing that would help with oblivion 4 is to force the FM spawn points to one single spot in the middle of the map. The current spawn points are listed as red dots. They are not limited to these 3 red dots - these are the points that I am certain about and can remember at 1:30 AM:
    [​IMG]

The random spawn point of FM buffing makes it difficult to have a duo. For those unaware, the way to go about this map as a duo party is to split the map top and bottom. This is difficult with FM buffing because of these random spawn points e.g. if both players spawn at the top left, or if both players spawn at the bottom left, or if players spawn at their incorrect map split. This could be simplified if all FM spawns were forced to the yellow dot outlined in red.

In terms of accessibility, oblivion 4 is actually not bad. You can use the cheaper intra-continental tele rock to tele to oblivion 4 from where the ellinia-leafre seed warper is. Just need to make sure that you save oblivion 4 to your rock list :)

In summary: In my opinion, the exp gain of 7F is unreasonably high, and cannot be reasonably fixed by buffing other maps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    3:02 PM
    Ive been able to tele rock into shaolin w/o doing any quests (Didnt know there were any) unless your talking about something else, On topic i would mind other maps getting buffed. *Cough* My Duku Suggestion *Cough* Dont really have an opinion on Shaolin since i cant hit anything there consistently G_G

7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Oh no, we were talking about ToT. One of hte well-known drawbacks of grinding there is that every single map has a massively long pre-quest to complete, which makes it unviable to bring hs mules in.

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    too late to nerf shaolin place my man. I mean many people have already reached lvl 200 there...

I am training there right now and it is so boring... 7% exp an hr at 182.

Also need gm buffs to hit gold monk

I don't think it's unbalanced if everyone gets to enjoy the benefits... However, if it were to be nerfed now, people will take way longer to get to 200 and that will be unbalanced to the newer players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    I didn't have it in mind when I made this thread, but yea, whenever PoT becomes craftable it will be a big buff to the usefulness of ToT.
    This is an old argument always used in defense of busted shit. I don't buy it. Changes will be made, people will adapt, and the game will be better as a result.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I only agree if other maps can get similar Epm as Shaolin if a variety of training maps is what you are going for.

Also please help me make a thread about removing uping intelligence to wash hp. I think the game will be better as a result.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  12. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    too much 7f:sick:

Attached Files:

• 7f.png
      7f.png
      File size:
      239 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  14. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Well considering how every single level is listed with the time and date I don't see how your question is relevant here.
    It's clearly before and after, the 7f nerf was very minor.

15. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    But you can't abuse HT exp after two runs per day as it is only limited to 2 runs a day.
    Otherwise that being said, BGA is sick exp for its ease + HP, so is toad and Anegos/Samurai - however they too are limited to the spawn timers / number of entry allowed.
    Map grinding is different tho. There's no limit but yourself.

16. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You are of course correct. However, if you truly did 2x 4-6man HTs a day, it would take 3-4 hours of game play and you would level faster than 95% of the server. The limitation of 2 entries per day should only limit people who play more than 3-4 hours a day.

17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    11:02 PM
    DMsRebirth
    What shaolin mobs need is a vast increase in level. I mean, when you compare their HP/exp to similar monsters (when ones can be found), their levels are low to the point of being a scam. Increasing bronze/silver/gold monks level to something like 130/140/155 would make them much more in line with the rest of the game, and makes other high level areas like ToT not so pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This would also help to balance out cleave vs range grinding. Cleave would have to wait until later levels until they can efficiently grind (because of accuracy issues), whereas range could start earlier.

But once they are both at a high enough level, cleave will straight up outperform.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    hello I am back with some numbers for those looking for grinding spots

[​IMG]
    180 Corsair (Travelling along blue line; platform above was cleared via air strike)
    160 Paladin (Travelling along orange rectangle)

GM buffs, no event exp/ring, MW20

Corsair EPH - 50m with a bonus complaint from ryan :yay:
    [​IMG]
    2 PoT found + 1.5m in NPC equips + Blizz20, ~1.5m in pure mesos

Paladin EPH - 55m
    1 PoT found and I didnt ask him anything else

There's still the issue of multiple FM spawn points, so probably not worth it to train here outside of GM buffs, but I'm happy that there's a viable place to grind with GM buffs that now gives a money option. Maybe duo event exp ring grinding here would provide higher exp but I'm not willing to give up my sweaty overdrive ring to test it out

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1