1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neo Tokyo Bosses' droprates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LurkinShadow, Oct 2, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:58 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1) It makes sense for neo tokyo to have less monetary reward than content like horntail or cwkpq because it is EASIER to do.

Cwkpq requires you to gather up 10 characters (*not necessarily people*) and the bosses have ~1b combined HP.

Horntail is the most difficult boss in ML and 1 party runs require strong people and can take 90 minutes.

In 90 minutes, I could join a 1 party run and clear a horntail. In that same 90 minutes, I could kill nibergen and nameless TWICE, by MYSELF without anyone else. Furthermore, with horntail, you are either forced to do the painful prequest again and again or are confined to horntail cave.

With Neo toyko you don't have this problem. You can leave the area whenever you want and enter whenever you want after you have done the painful prequests once.

With that established, I would say that 1 horntail run in terms of time / effort commit = 8 runs of neo tokyo bosses (doing 2 of each boss). So 1 horntail run should give you more value than 8 neo tokyo boss runs (as neo tokyo is still easier content to finish and requires less startup time since people do not need to do a painful prequest again and again).

Since 1 HT run is about 160m profit, I would say that we can safely buff neo tokyo drops such that 8 runs yields LESS than 160m profit.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    10:58 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I disagree with 4th paragraph.
    It's not much of a solo since you're using 2 pcs for your attackers (luxury (?) not all Legenders can afford/have).
    And most parties, even 4 people (I'm talking decent-avg gears) can finish in 30-35minutes.
    Although the next written was just to the point.
    I wasn't asking for flair/mtk/legendary (?) drop each run.
    But for the effort of doing average 30mins per run you'd expect to at least not have a disrespectful drop(s) of either crystals/single coin or fresh mountain air.
    If you HT and get absolutely no valuable drops (happens much) you still get the tradeoff of actually good EXP. That's not the case with NT in my opinion.
    Nonetheless, idk if it's rather wise to compare HT preq to NT chain quests.
    Most first timers at NT would need rather great help from third party aka much more experienced runners (I waited 3 months for my Dunas pass till I was able to find people to run with me!) to pass these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:58 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Hello

4. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    3:58 AM
    Every nt boss is super easy, can be cheesed and can be afk'd
    Just don't have a meme set up like having shadower and a dk.
    I do not think it needs a drop rate buffs.

or remove nt equip drops and buff crafting materials.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Comparison is still valid in terms of ppl and time required to kill HT / NT. Total HP in HT is 2,740,000,000 HP Total HP from 2x nameless + 2x nib +2x verga + 2x dunas is 2*(430+350+300+230)
    is 2.63b. Which is actually less than HT.

If you need 4 ppl to finish a run in 30 minutes, you would probably need 2 parties to finish HT in 90 mins.

6. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    For the matter discussed, if you were talking subjective feels (as one may assume), I'd say as Shadower HT is much less challenging for me and I had much less deaths overall there than I had only if you glance at logged total deaths of mine at either Nameless/Dunas.
    I don't think Shadowers are meme no more but that's not the issue. (Also not everyone has ranged job bosser and funding to actually have fast, smooth runs.)
    But yeah I do rmb times when NT drops actuall didn't drop and craft materials were not much popping as well. But for middle class bossers, I do not think though that NT weapons are yet viable options. Thing is that post buff-nerf I had like over 20 runs when us runners had nothing really to split so that is why I think buff is needed.
    And for Akash, as it seems you didn't include debuff/cancel time of most NT bosses. when that happens in HT you just move to diff part who hasn't done so.

7. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    Hi akash :D

160m/8 runs would be 20m profit per NT run. Since HT requires the painful prequest, say you chop off 5m profit for NT run, leaving it at 15m profit per run. That would be pretty fair.

I'm not sure if I'm just super unlucky with NT but in the last ~20 runs I've done, I don't think I've gotten a single crafting material, MTK/flairgrave, or meaningful scroll drop. AKA 0 profit.

I think it's fine leaving MTK and flairgrave as rare drops. But if it were up to me, I would boost scroll drop rates, maybe to 30-50%, so that you at least get a scroll drop every 2-3 runs. It won't be game breaking. It doesn't have to be a shield att 60%. It can be other scrolls that are worth just 3-5m.

Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Only nibergen and dunas cancel. Horntail Preheads cancel as well and you can't move to a different part. Furthermore, at neo tokyo, classes do alot more damage since there isn't any falling off platforms or significant time lost to repositioning.

If you had a single party try to clear all NT bosses, and then have that same party try to clear horntail, which would finish first?

Once again, I agree that a buff might be needed, but I just want to make it clear that it should not be buffed to be more profitable than HT, which imo is harder to clear content.

I agree that 15m profit per run seems fair. Aimerrythm claimed above to have made 3b from 200 runs, which is actually 15m profit per run. I don't know how accurate this is , but if it is accurate than NT is actually in a good spot.

I actually think the best thing to do here as far as balancing goes might be to just remove the NT weapons from being drops all together and just buff smaller drops (scrolls, equips, crafting materials), such that on average you gain ~10-15m per run. The extreme RNG of neo tokyo weapons dropping (as when a max stat drops its a BIG payout but its extremely rare) makes the content feel pretty punishing and unmotivating for people unwilling to run hundreds of times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Sadly I'd say just remove NT weapons off drops' pool but raise craft ETCs drops/MTK/Chair/Scrolls. Weapons already have such low rates of dropping and even if you ARE able to get any of them drop, you'd need certain stats on them to actually sell/utilize on your own.
    As more approachable endgame content, if you do so, more bossers can craft desired weapon/stars/bullets types.
    And still you'd have craft costs, and crafting's RNG itself just like Dragon weapons.
    So kind of win win, not a big shift and you get to actually work it out to make your own endgame weapon.
    Also that change would balance out more in front of HT runs' expenses vs. gains.
    Any thought regarding this? or am I gonna be roasted lol

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:58 AM
    DMsRebirth
    To expand on Akash's calculations, I'm going to use myself as an example, since I play a class that doesn't do significantly more (cleaves) or less (sairs, paladin to some extent) damage in HT compared to NT, and I don't multiclient attackers.

In HT my DPM45 is around 5m with SI and 4.6-4.7m or so without. Roughly extrapolating my prehead damage as maybe around 5.5m-6m and estimating my total damage over a 90 min HT run, I can contribute to (very roughly) around 1/6 of the damage needed to kill HT, so using 160m as an estimate of HT's total worth, my claim to running HT in a suitably sized party would be something like 26m over 90 min, or around 17.7m/hour. My NT solo times are around 50-55min for Verga, 65-70min for Dunas and 75min for Nameless (I don't do Nib because it sucks for Marksmen and its drop pool also sucks). I'll assume an average of around 65 min per solo, so in order for NT to be equal to HT the bosses would need to be worth 16.4m per kill. Of course, the fact that NT prequest is hard once per character while HT requires a lot of manon camping and cornian slaughtering is also there, so a ballpark of around 15m per NT boss would definitely seem reasonable.

But is NT boss really worth 15m per kill? Aimerrythm's claims seem to agree with it, but Akash's rough calculations in the money making tier list thread seem to indicate a totally difference story as his estimations come out more to the tune of 6.3m per kill. Trying to determine the true worth of NT bosses is exceedingly difficult because, unlike HT for whom a lot of detailed drop logs exist, most NT runs turn out to be complete duds and thus no one ever bothers keeping a drop log of their NT kills (this is also why I asked for a buff on the drop rate of the "low" prizes). I have started a spreadsheet today that I hope can be used to collect everyone's NT run data to get a better idea on how much NT bosses are roughly worth (link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaOKqcG8F-KDkPsw4y6WkySKF006TzYYOtmFy3gZ6Ps). I hope that people who runs NT here can help me collect data to shed some light on this subject.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    On a further scope, although it might be outside of this discussion, I'd assume Legends, as private server and NOT a vanilla one, has many members that actually have rough and quite busy real life. As an Engineering student (Shoutout!) I tend to not get a huge portion of my day to actually boss/play. As mentioned before, it takes on average (for well experienced runners) 90mins to run an HT so if you actually want to run it you have got to devote at least 3hrs from your precious time.
    I end up mostly finding time to just run Neo Tokyo since it requires less time per run. (don't worry, it took me much runs and much lv.s to actually know how to run these right!)
    On top of that, you end up getting mostly nothing for it.
    As I mentioned before, I'd say HT at least gives you much decent EXP tradeoff in case of 0 drops which is very unlikely! (Still about 7%/run in lv. 183 without event going on; 12 people run)

12. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    3:58 PM
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    Does this game for attackers only 1way to farm mesos is HT? if ppl need work,can just use 2hrs per day,nt bosses is the best
    But the drop rare…
    I just wanna say i dont want see bosses drop nothing or just 1card or a shit scroll

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:58 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you truly made 3b in 200 NT runs, I am really not sure what you are complaining about. My BM(as well as similar calibre pally/NL) can solo verg in roughly 30min and duo verg/nameless in 15-20min. If the profit is truly 15m per run, that means NT would close to 30m/hr, which would be about as good if not better than what I get at HT doing no attack pot 4-5man HT runs.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I could safely argue (No, I didn't get to play when overwhelming buff took action only pre and post buff, due to personal matters and that is a real thing you could base your comparison upon since it was noted buff was so big that they rushed to nerf hard) after as much runs on my side, I got overall 1B-1.2B that's all.
    And I'm at about 170 Verga, 105 Dunas, and about 80 of each Nameless/Nibergen runs.
    An average of 30-35minutes each run.

15. Aimerrhythm

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    I mean my total nt runs till now,271verga 32dunas 153niber 157nameless

16. Aimerrhythm

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    Forgive me idk how to put picture here@saar help me uplord my ss

17. Aimerrhythm

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    Yes total 600 ntruns farmed 3b mesos
    Sounds great

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:58 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This would make much more sense, it would seem like your profit/run is closer to ~5m then, which seems to be in line with what others are saying.

19. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Screenshot_20200507_065959.jpg
    Even if few of these runs were made during buff, it just seems like so tiny profit for the huge number of overall runs made.
    Courtesy of Megumiii of course.

20. Aimerrhythm

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    ok we think it will use same time from 6 ntbosses run=1ht run, so my 600 ntbosses run=100ht run
    as who says 100ht runs will drop 30*mw20 and 30*gen30?
    it only worth 3b?