1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to Monster Book Card Collection on Mu Lung

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Annolis, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:13 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    This is the second guide I've made. The first was on Victoria Island found here.

I still highly recommend perusing this guide for basic information, as most of it is good information. The guide I reference puts emphasis to reduce walk time. Walk time, imo, is less important to farming time. The procedure I have here cuts down on the overlapping possibility of getting extra cards from mobs you already finished. I find players making only two mistakes possible when collecting cards in Mu Lung, and only one possible oversight.

1. Wooden Target Dummy: Practice Field: Advanced Level. On your way here, see if Master Dummy is on any channel in the Practice Field: Beginner map. If so, log the timers.

2. Straw Target Dummy: Practice Field: Beginner. While here, you may encounter Master Dummy. The respawn rate is 3 hours. If you want to complete this set you'll want to keep map timers here once you're done with the Straw Target Dummy cards. On average, you'll get 0-2 Master Dummy cards every 3 hours. This one is painful, but if you're here in Mu Lung gathering cards, you might be able to make several trips here to complete this set.

3. Jar: 10-Year-Old Herb Garden. Yes, take the crane immediately to Herb Town. The only reason you started with those Dummy cards is to get timers on Master Dummy. Anyway... Hopefully, you'll get a couple Ginseng Jar cards, too. If you have 3 more Jar cards than Ginseng Jar cards, I recommend moving to the 50-Year-Old Herb Garden until your cards equalize.

4. Ginseng Jar: 50-Year-Old Herb Garden. You've arrived here because you either have 3 more Jar cards than Ginseng Jar cards, or you're done with Jar and have 2+ Ginseng Jar cards.

5 & 6. Sr. Bellflower Root & Bellflower Root: Bellflower Valley. Bellflower Root is one of the highest card drop rates in the game. As you farm here for the Sr. Bellflower Root cards, do not be surprised if you end up with 10 Bellflower Root cards here, even though the spawn rate for them is dismally low. The first mistake I see players make is wasting time on a Bellflower map, just come directly here. The possible oversight is that while you're here, collect as many 100-Year-Old Bellflowers as possible. These can be used to reduce the cost of purchasing Alishar cards from Tienk in Night Market. Each Alishar card regularly costs 10M mesos, but a stack of 200 100-Year-Old Bellflowers will reduce the cost to 5M.

7. Mr. Alli: Old Swamp. There's a couple of Kru here, but I wouldn't count on getting anything from them. Try not to get stunned!

8. Kru: Red-Nose Pirate Den II. There are Captain here, too, and hopefully you'll get 2-3 cards before you finish Kru. Watch your card ratios. The choice is yours because I've had 50-50 outcomes when trying to maximize my card ratio efficiency. Sometimes I've gotten 3 Kru and 0 Captain, so I head over to Red-Nose Pirate Den III. When I did that, there are times the cards equalize nicely and I'm done. Other times, I get 5 Captain cards and have to head back to this map only to get more Captain cards. Other times, I've had 4 Kru, move over, and everything works out great. Other times, I'm flooded with Captain cards and I cannot understand why I can't get my final Kru card on any map. Your choice!

9. Captain: Red-Nose Pirate Den III. Hopefully, you're here to finish off both sets of Kru and Captain. Read above for more details.

10. Reindeer: Peach Farm 2. Reindeer is truly the worst drop rate card in this region. If you want to skip it, and I don't blame you if you wanted to, ignore this one and move right onto the next. The reason you want to start here is that it is likely in your pursuit of 5 Reindeer cards, you'll get your 5 Peach Monkey cards before getting your second Reindeer card.

11. Peach Monkey: Peach Farm 1. You're here because you either chose to skip Reindeers, or you are incredibly lucky and got your Reindeer done before your Peach Monkey cards. I think that happened to me once in my twelve runs.

12. Ghost Book: Foggy Forest. Yes, there are some Reindeer on this map, but the probability of getting a card from them is low. I think I got a card from them in two times out of the twelve runs. If that is appealing to you, then I recommend doing these first, Peach Monkeys second and Reindeer third. I did exactly that for most of my runs and found it didn't make much of a difference.

13. Sage Cat: Goblin Forest 2. You may need to keep constant claim of this map because King Sage Cat spawns here every three hours. How I got King Sage Cat cards was making a deal with the people who camped here. I asked if I could have the King Sage Cat cards and they were kind enough to say yes - as I think most campers are want to do. The drops from King Sage Cat are heavily sought after, so don't get discouraged if you can't get a map to get the Sage Cat cards. Speak up! Ask if you can farm for the Sage Cat cards - they'll more than likely let you. Don't be surprised if they jump down and kill a mob or two to keep ownership of the map. If you find the map empty, count yourself lucky!

14. Blue Flower Serpent: Snake Area. This is the second mistake I see players make. Going either left to right or right to left in the Mu Lung Sky Forest is not efficient. This is the map that begins and determines how you will proceed. Your main goal here is to complete the Blue Flower Serpent. If you finish the Red Flower Serpent first, that is awesome! You couldn't ask for better! Stay here until Blue Flower Serpent is complete. If, however, you finish the Black Porky here first, then move to Where the Sky Forest Ends and complete the Blue Flower Serpent there with the Red Flower Serpent.

15. Red Flower Serpent: Where the Sky Forest Ends. You're here because you either have 5 Blue Flower Serpent cards and need to finish the Red Flower Serpent cards, or you finished Black Porky cards and still need to finish the Red and Blue Flower Serpent cards. If the former, then it goes without saying, just finish the Red Flower Serpent cards and move on. If, however, it's the latter, then you have two possible roads. If you finish the Blue first on this map - GREAT! - continue with Red and then move along. If, however, you finish Red first, then return to Snake Area to finish the Blue Flower Serpent cards as the spawn rate there is higher.

16. Grizzly: Wild Bear Area 1. (This comment area has been intentionally left blank)

17. Panda: Territory of Wandering Bear. Tae Roon spawns here every 3 hours. It's not as competitive a map as King Sage Cat, but you will likely encounter a player here and there changing into your channel and quickly downing a couple mobs to see if they can steal ownership. They won't stay long in any case if Tae Roon isn't spawning. If you do happen to encounter campers, speak up and request the same deal with with the King Sage Cat map. That makes 3 total area boss cards in Mu Lung - did you get all the timers? You might want to consider grabbing the timers on all 3 maps before starting.

18. Black Porky: Sky Forest : The Train. You're here because you finished the Red and Blue Flower Serpents, but came up short on the Black Porky cards. This is okay! I'm assuming you got 3-4 Black Porky cards. If you got 0-1, then go back one map to Deep in the Sky Forest and come up to speed. Once you are done with Black Porky, you should have at least 3 Red Porky cards. If that is the case, I recommend moving to Entrance to Sky Forest.

19 & 20. Red Porky / Chipmunk: Entrance to Sky Forest. If you have at least 2-3 Red Porky cards, coming here to focus on Chipmunk cards is best. If you finish Chipmunk first, head back to Sky Forest : The Train to complete the Red Porky cards.

And you've finished Mu Lung!! ... Except for the area bosses of Master Dummy, King Sage Cat, and Tae Roon. Including the area bosses, that's a total of 23 cards! If you want those area bosses, getting the timer on them first is imperative, but be ready for competition with other players.

To conclude, the first mistake is a minor one focusing on Bellflower Root. The second mistake can cost you time and grief with regards to Red Flower Serpent, Blue Flower Serpent, Black Porky, and Red Porky. The ideal order you want to finish them is Blue Flower Serpent, Red Flower Serpent, Red Porky, Black Porky. The Black Porky cards drop at a high enough rate that it is almost certain you will finish the Black Porky cards while trying to get the other three. Once Black is done, focusing on Red Porky and Chipmunk cards - paying attention to the ratio of cards you have - will determine which of the two maps to farm.

If you think I missed a better opportunity, please let me know! =o)

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i would say a lot of the time spawn is correlated with the cards dropped only if you clear the entire map. if you have 4 card A and 1 card B, you can just fill some far platform god knows where with only monster A and pretend it doesn't exist

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    There are a number of different times this method is imperative for efficiency. When I did Reindeer, I made it a point to avoid platforms that had no Reindeer. This reduced the chances that I'd pick up extra Peach Monkey cards and increased my chances of picking up those pesky Reindeer cards. If the Black Porky cards were already done and I still hadn't finished Blue or Red Flower Serpents, I'd do what I could to minimize the number of Black Porky I kill. There's not a whole lot we can do sometimes, but when we can it makes a difference.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    11:13 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    When you are grinding for multiple characters at the same time, wouldn't your meta be different since you can have another character log in to pick up the extra cards (ex. Black Porky or red/blue serpents) so for you it's not really a waste of time?

5. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Up until the 12th character, yes. :) I'll admit, I did that a lot when farming Extra A, Extra B, Extra C, Leader A, and Leader B cards. It was impossible not to have that happen. But my goal was to optimize each character getting their own - even if didn't always happen.