1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

new player class question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fipp, Jul 9, 2023.

1. fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    6:52 AM
    fipp
    Hi

I have been reading the forums for a couple weeks and decided to join the server. I played the other large server years ago.
    Reading up on washing and stuff was okay, but I was watching a pink bean run that was being streamed and noticed there only seemed to be nightlords, buccs and bishops in the run? Is that normal?
    I prefer ranged classes but always had some aversion towards night lords, idk why. Any advice?
    Any tips for classes that are good to play solo as well as relevant in bosses?

Thanks for any response!

• Like Like x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:52 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, this is normal. NL and Bucc are the best classes at pink bean, so you would expect to see more of these. Bishops are also good, but at the same time are often muled.

Nightlord is going to result in the best player experience, but if you really want to value solo play, you can try rolling corsair. Corsair is good to play solo and excels in every boss except pink bean*, but realistically nightlord is going to be the best option for most people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    Thanks for your response! Why do you think nightlord is a better player experience? And would something like corsair be able to do bosses? I'm a little unsure what the asterisk means ^^'.

4. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Corsair / BM / MM are the most self sufficient of the ranged characters. They're all highly desirable at nearly every boss

NL is one of the easiest classes to play during bossing because their kit is so simple and they naturally avoid most attacks, but easy =/= more fun. NL is also bad at farming, you'll be struggling for income for much longer than you have to be if your first char is NL

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    12:52 PM
    make bucc. ur progression will be unrivalled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Make whatever you want to play! The vast majority of people never get to PB levels anyways, and other classes all have their pro's and cons.
    Don't make your decision based on one boss, it's not worth it :)
    All ranged classes are going to be fine for bosses, so choose whichever one you like most.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    Ah I see okay, that makes sense. I thought they would be good at farming because they can flash jump around and kill things? Thanks for your reply!

8. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    Thats true actually the chances of me getting there are quite slim. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    Why is that? ^^'

10. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    Other question: I read a couple of guides on washing, but am wondering if people can share some personal experience? Anyone who washed to 12k or 18k or even more? Do you regret washing that much, or not washing enough?

11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    12:52 PM
    the strength of the class depends on the demand and supply, say you are the only shad in the server, ur demand will be high because everyone will be looking for you for ht runs.
    for buccs, 2~4buccs are needed for every 20~30 ppl for end game boss such as PB.
    For auf, u usually need 1 bucc for every 6ppl
    Do ur math and u realise, the server is low on buccs.

And hence ur social capital will be unparalleled.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    how much does a bucc need to wash? do you know perhaps? Thanks for the response!

13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:52 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    anyone who washed to 12k regret not washing to 18k, 18k to 24k, 24k to 30k

skip the hassle and go 30k

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Except if you're a ranged character, then don't.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    really? thats very hard though isn't it?

16. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    how much would you recommend then? ^^'

17. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    personally I'm making a NL for my ranged attacker (corsair was a close second because i think the boat is HELLA cute) because I love shifter, and my eyes tend to glaze over in most bossing situations so shifter (30% attack avoid) is good for me

that being said, i am not washing. i will be participating in hp challenges when they come out, i don't have the time to wash to 30k, and honestly hp challenges will give me enough to do all the content i want

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    fipp

fipp Mano

Jul 8, 2023
    Male
    fipp
    thank you for your reply!!
    I didn't know that yet, that seems very nice! But is 12k enough? I'm a bit scared to not have enough hp

19. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    It depends what kind of content you want to do late game, the table tells you what thresholds there are. Hypothetically you should be able to run all content with hb and most even without hb if you do challenges by the time you're 180. To run pink bean you'd need hb but you should be able to run Horntail and stuff just fine with 12k, given that you don't decide to jump into ht head for whatever reason :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I've done all kinds of washing for my ranged chars, my takeaway is unless you're washing to 30k HP, don't wash at all. The amount of INT you need to surpass the 12k HP challenges gives would make your character unplayable.

A lot of the old guides and advice for washing you find comes from a time before HP challenges where you literally couldn't survive without washing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1