1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add balanced fury / taos to gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Sep 6, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:30 AM
    I think at some point taos were removed from cwkpq. As time goes taos are completely wiped out from the market since they are only available from an exchange quest that nobody does.

Now the only supply of balanced fury is from the cwk white scroll exchange, with crafting being dead due to lack of taos. Due to the lack of supply, the price of balanced fury has almost doubled in 1 year+ from 30-35m to 55-60m now? I think it would be good to add either bf or taos themselves to gachapon to add a bit of supply to the market.

Disclaimer I already have a bunch of balanced furies bought when they were 30m ish last year. I realised this issue after meeting few new players and emphatise with their struggles of progressing their NL.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:30 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed making them practically unobtainable now looks to be a mistake. However it's more thematically appropriate to have them exclusively available from CWK instead of adding them to the already big EV of gachapon.

How about re-adding them to CWKPQ, or even better give more incentive to do the non-WS exchanges so the production can start up again.

Or fully overhaul the CWK exchange, remove every option but the custom one and add all the rewards into this one exchange.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Wouldn't the full cwk exchange overhaul reduce the EV to far below what it (the only currently relevant one) already is? If that's done, I feel like there would be even less people doing any cwk exchanges than currently.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Maybe replace some of the trash in ws exchange with taos and get rid of the other exchanges. This way ev goes up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    7:30 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    BF are approaching 60mil? I'm gonna start grinding those cwk exchanges Foxpat

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    60m seems very affordable for the 2nd best star in the game, they were too cheap in the past

Other classes can easily expect to spend 1.5b+ on side-arms (shield, khanjar, PA, 1h/ST, slow spear, bossing wand, etc.)

I'm certainly biased, but given the meta I would expect NL gear progression to be harder, not easier

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Rates can be adjusted accordingly.

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I also think tao's should be re-introduced to cwk bonus, though not at the same rates as before.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Its not really about it currently being 60m but more about the trend of it going. I don't see how you can see the supply of such an in demand item being cut off and think it is ok. Crafting is completely dead and new players are not going to stop creating night lords.

In any case, its quite disingenuous to argue side arm prices. Other than khanjar, none of those are really needed. Also the main weapon's price is different. A +5 craven is 1.5b while a +5 any other weapon is what? Max 500m?

10. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Isn't cwkpq already one of the highest ev activity after pcoins were added? I personally think soblet's suggestion of the cwk exchange rework is prolly better to boost some underplayed content. Replace the subani ankhs with taos or something

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:30 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i use wooden tops and they preform perfectly fine

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Go for icicles! Thank me later.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Luxury goods being luxurious. Supply is there to farm. Just because others don’t do it doesn’t mean you can’t.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Ah yes, i was waiting for your copy and paste comment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's almost like people would rather change the game that exists rather than playing it.

16. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Almost as if 'farm it yourself' is the laziest and most convenient response to avoid any structural issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's a self correction situation at the moment. The rarer the item, the more incentive there is to farm it yourself.

I'd be more inclined to agree to rate adjustments to current exchange for taos if someone were to provide data to show for it. Without it, it just seems like an lazy suggestion.

18. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Staff removed taos from cwkpq, then killed tao exchange by introducing custom ws exchange.

Your advice: all new NL should go do some suboptimal exchange 5000 times to get their balanced furies.

Typical gatekeeping mentality. I wonder if you were one of those who benefited from taos dropping from cwkpq.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    To be fair, 'new NLs' have absolutely 0 business considering BFs a necessity.
    Also, doing the cwk exchange for your BFs doesn't even sound like the worst idea for a new NL to gather some funds on the side :')

Going off a mildly random tidbit of information I found (Credits to JessJess ):
    upload_2022-2-26_17-26-4.png
    I believe the EV for this exchange was valued at ~16m (without drops/meso/gach) when BFs were estimated at 37m. Seeing their current price, the EV would only be higher.
    I'd have to ask other NLs about their experience clearing the easier badges (except Crimsons), but I imagine it's quite a feasible strategy for new NLs for farm the badges, buy the crimson hearts and repeat this process to fund/get their BFs.

20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There's an alternate exchange that drops taos, no?