1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information September 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Sep 11, 2023.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:46 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Lets be real this is a NL nerf regardless.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    8:46 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I mean, they are the "guardians" meanwhile I could erase them without even buffing before. It seems right to have them tanky, although I'm glad I have their cards already cause that's gonna suck lol

3. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    good, NL's have been given the easy street for nearly everything. when a NL uses 150 pots for 2x horntail it's not your place to complain lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:46 AM
    Factoring recharge prices I think the overall cost isn't that dissimilar to other classes tbh. This change just makes it abit more expensive for NLs across bosses due to needing more attack pots.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    • [​IMG] Aerial Strike - Drop rate slightly reduced

I'm not sure this is necessary. The skill already has a 5-second cooldown, like 30% of the damage of mage ults, and can only hit 6 targets. Is it really necessary to nerf the drop-rate (albeit only slightly) for a skill that can only theoretically kill 1.2 mobs per second?

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    10:46 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    they are considered "mini bosses" alike area bosses i guess

7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    • [New Changes] Dunas 2 Dispel skill is changed to Confuse now

WAIT DOES THIS MEAN D2 DOESN'T DISPEL SPAM ANYMORE?? Shadowers with 10k HP (ME) Rejoice we can finally d2 without getting dp'd and dying immediately!!!

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  8. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    5:46 AM
    Endorphins
    All the boss changes seem really good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Thanatos and Gatekeeper card drop rate was fine, I imagine it would continue to be fine even with this adjustment (I am known to offer free card services for both of these mobs from time to time). I'm looking forward to testing out the difference in EXP and drops. OssLock rejoice! Was kind of hoping to see more changes for Deep Ludi or Deep Aqua, but this should be interesting enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Isomeride

Isomeride King Slime

Jun 29, 2023
    3:46 AM
    So will be HP challenge tier 1 and tier 2 (lv 100 and 110 respectively) live after this patch? Or will it still be in beta (playable but no max HP actually rewarded)? Would appreciate some clarity on that.

Also, great job on making custom questlines for Challenges! I am sure my suggestion in the feedback thread came in too late, but the end product transpires to be surprisingly similar to what I imagined!

11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    From my understanding seems like we can beta test the beginning of the quests in this patch (summer patch). If there are no game breaking issues, we will be able to finally gain HP and get the first 2 tiers of the challenges HP system out for real in the Halloween patch, which is the next patch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    10:46 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Genuine question

The roar dropped rate was nerfed because the balance team to some degree deemed DK farming to be either overpowered, unhealthy, afk or all of the above. But this wasn’t news to anyone in fact this was a phenomenon for about a year and patches went on with zero nerfs to dk roar farming the past year.

Almost a year later and now nerfs are set in place to combat DK farming… this whole ordeal reminds me of when people were “afk” farming for almost two years at TOT until the balance team put an end to it. Everyone knew that TOT farming was incredibly afk gameplay. Patches went on for over a year with nothing done until the balance team eventually removed the stairs .But TOT farming was an extremely popular farming method for over a year. Maplelegends players abused the hell out of a farming method that advanced a subset of players very quickly from mid game to endgame in a matter of months due to how long you could farm without paying a heavy tax on your mental and physical. I remember being in VC’s with my other former TOT farmers and saying things like “there’s no way they don’t patch TOT farming, right?” And then ultimately nothing would be done and then we’d celebrate because we’d have another 5 months of lazy farming

My question ultimately is why does it take so long to tackle these methods that the balance team may deem unhealthy, broken or afk. If something is deemed an issue what is the benefit of letting the issue linger on. This is not going to stop, the summer event is going to start and then players are going to find another skill of another class , and make multiple of that class , abuse a afk farming method , it’ll somewhat become meta , it’ll linger on for a year, and then the balance team will nerf it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:46 AM
    Based on their post I think they previously had difficulty adjusting drop rates for specific skills. The mage drop rate nerf was a class specific one. They had to recode the entire thing to be able to reduce drop rate for roar alone instead of hitting other drk skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I’m curious to see how good rextons will be after these changes. Looks like they will be like a smol version of nest golems. If shadow star 20 remains valuable it seems like a good spot for outlaws and hermits on paper. Other classes not so much since the map is too big.

I’d also like a moment to press F to pay respects to the poor DKs who have to get a roar nerf due to the latest wave of multiclient degeneracy

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    11:46 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    regarding Roar and Aerial Strike, this nerf is as if painting over a cracked wall without fixing the structural damage behind it.
    I thought the controversy was how 'Common Gachapon' droprate works together with shitty low level mobs being a viable endgame farming option. Additionally there is no reason for some of these maps, specially the simple and flat ones, to have so many monsters.

memes will keep happening with other classes and once again classes are nerfed to target a couple of individuals

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Although I don't agree with the method of skill-nerfs I can't suggest a better one. Nerfing early game grinding is a very poor suggestion since it just screws over early game even more

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    Thief
    Siege
    upload_2023-9-11_8-43-23.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    Thief
    Siege
    lets delete the class for balance
    so funny how ppl decide get the budgeted classes and cry there lifes afterward

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I saw someone making a bunch of shad mules that I can only assume were made in preparation for the next generation of gach farm degeneracy

• Agree Agree x 3