1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneer buff / quality of life discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Oct 7, 2023.

Do we need more bucc buffs?

1. yes

28 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. no

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hello,

Lately I have noticed that the pace of buccaneer buffs / quality of life changes has slowed down, whereas in the past the class would get many buffs / quality of life changes nearly every single patch.

Also, since there is a thread to discuss shadower buffs / quality of life changes, I figured I could do same for buccaneer.

• Rework Avoid = 0.25 * DEX + 0.225 * STR (Summer 2020)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Cooldown and failure chance of the skill has been completely removed for all levels (Halloween 2019)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Duration of the skill has been increased from 30 seconds at max level to 100 seconds (Halloween 2019)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Can no longer be dispelled. (Anniversary 2021)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Delay between use completely removed (Valentine 2017)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Stance chance has been increased from 50% to 90%. (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Meter fills 50% faster attacking bosses (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Duration increased from 50 to 60 seconds (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - No longer charge up from "miss" hits (Halloween 2022)
    [​IMG] Dragon Strike - Post-casting delay has been decreased to 200ms (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Barrage - Increased damage from 230% at max level to 280% (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Barrage - Post-casting delay has been decreased to 200ms (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Super Transform - Adds 5% passive weapon mastery starting at level 11 (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Transformation/Super Transformation - Cooldown reduced from 240 seconds to 180 seconds at maximum level. (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Transformation/Super Transformation - Able to use normal skills during both transformation (Summer 2021)
    [​IMG] Demolition - Increased damage from 400% at max level to 460% (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Demolition - Post-casting delay has been decreased from 900ms to 400ms (Summer 2018)
    Old speed: https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/EC1NDjF8
    New speed: https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/wNexlK3V
    [​IMG] Snatch - The delay between casting have been removed (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Speed infusion - Casting range has been increased to match Sharp Eyes' range. (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Time Leap - Casting range has been increased to match Sharp Eyes' range. (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Time Leap - Requires energy to be fully charged, in order to be cast. (Halloween 2022)

This thread is to discuss what further changes can be made to help the class. If you would like to discuss bucc nerfs, you can also post here, but there is a thread already dedicated to that topic here:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/buccaneer-nerf-when.51192/

My idea:

1) Removal of DEX requirement on timeless/reverse burgunt.

upload_2023-10-7_13-25-34.png

As it stands, buccaneer is a support class, and they are unable to fully use the dex stat on the timeless/reverse overall because it requires 120 dex to wear, and their end game knuckle also requires 120 dex to wear.

Bowmasters and marksman, a similar support DPS class do not have such a restriction, and can fully utilize both stats on their timeless overalls.

If the dex requirement was removed, buccaneers would be able to make use of all the stats just like their fellow support DPS archers. We need to ensure that the STR requirement remains, so that we can prevent corsairs from taking advantage of this change.

Unfortunately this is where my ideas end, as I do not have very much experience with playing the buccaneer class. However, I had a discussion with some of my buccaneer friends and these are some of their ideas:

Ideas from my buccaneer friends:

1) make iframes on demo last as long as the movement lockout, so you can either duck immediately after the iframe ends, so you dont get RNG sed during pink bean body

2) snatch hitbox to extend to the max range of the animation visuals

3) increase the range of barrage so you can hit ariel / HT arms

What do you think about the above mentioned ideas, and do you have any ideas yourself?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    • Great Work x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:49 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    What if we gave them a skill that increased the duration of their attack pots?

• Great Work Great Work x 16
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. icymcspicy

icymcspicy Slime

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    4:49 AM
    Bobonaut
    Not all buccs can afford attack pots. I propose we give them a mid air forward jump so they can get up close and punch things faster

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Correct me if I'm talking nonsense, but the thief overall is also kind of only used by shadowers, right? There could be a rework that favors these jobs (pirate/shad), since warrior and archer don't need stats, and mages usually go to the lukless side

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    what about the slow creep forward movement of barrage that forces you to reposition every few attacks? idk buccs have a lot of little annoying things but ive just come to accept them as part of buccs. *shrugs* when i feel like having easy life i just play my NL

• Like Like x 2
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Massive QoL change if this is removed unironically

7. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    buccs fight on the front lines right?

8. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Bucc can use Silvermane in CWKPQ... as a treat?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    what u guys think about
    the implementation of gear lv 110, shoes, overall, gloves, I believe that many jobs benefit more than reverse/TL

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:49 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    But not warrior cleave, no, no let the swine walk for their buffs if they don't provide.

-evil laugh-