1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf ulu1 spawn rate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Jan 21, 2024.

Should we nerf ulu1 spawn rate?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    12:13 AM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Sorry my multi-mage farmer friends, especially those who had just set up their infrastructure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm not saying we should follow someone else's change,
    but this might be a good inspiration.

EDIT:

Why nerfing multi-mage maps?
    1. Multi-mage farming causes inflation, the meso number goes up, but the buying power goes down.
    2. New players are forced to create multi-mage infrastructures in order to catch up.
    3. The one who discovered this method is already rewarded (deserved).
    4. Given some time, people who have just built the infrastructure could have be paied back.

EDIT2:
    An alternative
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/economy-changes-to-diversify-play-styles.52742/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    12:13 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Or, we should buff other maps so there's more variety in optimal maps for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:13 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    That other server looks poopy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    It was like the man who passed river and burned the brdge to let new comers harder to find a method to become rich. So dont suggest to nerf this nerf that,we better to suggest to buff somewhere else to make new comers and old players more others map chioce.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Suppose following 1 hour of playing could yield following goods:
    (the numbers are not accurate, just for easier calculation)
    1. bossing: 8 P.Coins / hr
    2. single mage: 16m / hr
    3. multi-mage: 24m / hr
    If single mage is the most efficient way of farming, P.Coin will be 16m / 8 = 2m each.
    If multi mage is the most efficient way of farming, P.Coin will be 24m / 8 = 3m each.

My point is, multi-mage only increases item price.
    The equivalent yields of goods will be same.
    Besides, it will force everyone to create multi-mage steup.
    It's not fun, and not friendly to new players.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Im terms of fairness between new and old players, nerfs are as valid as buffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Someone already have the multi-mage infrastructure will most likely disagree with this idea.
    Someone who does not have multi-mage will more likely to agree this idea.
    I believe "new players" means those who don't have multi-mages.

8. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    newplayers means will have multi mages and the old already benefits from this map

9. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    that's true,but with more buffed map new players can benefits more method of making mesoes and items,nerf will bring nowhere for em to farm

10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Personally, I think there are two kinds of farm: one generates wealth, and the other involves the transfer of wealth. Generated meso comes from meso and NPC-ed item drops from mobs, while transferred meso would be from the sales of item drops to another player. I feel that gacha farming impacts the market more positively as it introduces more supplies, thus reducing prices, while raw meso generation farming increases prices.

The information presented seem to suggest that the more meso multi-client farming is able to generate, the more lucrative bossing becomes since each coin is now worth more meso.

Additionally, does the coins per hour from bossing take into account the preparation and waiting time? Unless you have a fixed party and run efficiently every time, I suppose the earnings may vary, considering the RNG nature of the drops and the limited amount of daily/weekly runs.

The advantages of multi-client farming are that you can get into them anytime with minimal preparation and waiting time, and yielding relatively consistent results. However, the downside is that it might be considered rather unfun and tedious, although that's subjective.

If a nerf is to be considered, it shouldn’t be to a single map but be applied at a global level, and not limited to just the spawn rate. This is because any seasoned multi-client farmer would be able to jump to another map straight away with minor adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    if you cant beat em, join em
    sorry bro

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I do think those whom can boss coins has already passed the game period of farming mesoes and items. They already done the most part of equips like end game weapon and high att gloves so they can easier to farm coins instead of multi mages farming mesoes

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  13. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Pasta
    I think with every complaint, should also come with a point of constructive recommendation.

OP, if you take this suggestion thread seriously, I suggest the following question:
    What can Staff do to not only value-add to new players but also benefit old players less?

Is your concern for the newer players, or about multimaging?
    Do also remember that old players can create new accounts and become a "new player".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    2:13 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You're too lazy to farm it yourself, got it

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Do ppl even farm ulu1 anymore? That's so 2020

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    There's nothing you could add that does more for new players than old players because old players will have the advantage of more tools/knowledge while having the same access to content. Unless you do something dumb like adding a tradeable island only item...

However this events PQs have been a good equalizer between the two types of players. While established players will still have the advantage of knowledge (likely recognising the value more easily) the extra tools they have are pretty much obsolete (multiclienting is much less rewarding here).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Pasta
    While I agree with you, and think that the continuation of this discussion is moot, let's give OP a chance and hear what they have to say

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    We have a chat group like discord, in which we helps new players learn how to play this game.
    For example, to start with a mage, vote multiple accounts and plan for HP wash early.
    Recently I noticed a trend that people are recommending new players to create multi-mages.
    Many of the new players quit once they heard they have to create many mages to play this game efficiently.
    They think this server is for hard core people, compared to other servers.

19. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes and no.
    I do one mage farm a lot.
    But I feel lazy to create more mages.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I can understand that this server might be daunting for new players, especially those who are more casual, as they may not realize that significant investments aren't necessary for progress. In the end, this is a PvE game, and the core enjoyment was designed for social participation rather than having powerful gears to "beat" the game.

It’s more of a challenge to acquire powerful gears than it being a requirement. Achieving them can take a very long time without some sort of efficiency. However, without gear progressions, the game can become extremely demotivating. Many new mage players get disappointed when they realize they have to intentionally weaken their character by investing in Luk to wear mage gear. This is particularly discouraging as it slows down their leveling process, compounded by the low-rate nature of the server.

One suggestion I have is to provide untradeable gears and scrolls meant only for these gears. For example, in the Mushroom Kingdom Theme Dungeon, there were untradeable King Pepe’s weapons and scrolls designed specifically for them. It was an enjoyable experience for me as I could experience scrollings at a very low to no cost since the weapons and scrolls dropped from the boss in the dungeon itself, and we could grind on it. If ML somehow manages to implement themed dungeons of different level ranges, each providing a different set of untradeable gears and weapons, where players can look forward to getting and scrolling them with special scrolls, I feel that it will be a game-changer.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Creative Creative x 1