1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leisure Journey of Refinements

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Oct 10, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:46 PM
    I happened to have some free time today, so I decided to test out my decent gears that have been wasted mainly for mobbing so far.

Chose to spend the time proceeding with the Neo Tokyo questline, particularly the first boss, Vergamot/Bergamot. Since its total HP is about 10 times that of Ravana, I expected it to take about 60 to 70 minutes.

ljr179-3.png

However, I had to solo without my Bishop, meaning no MW20 buff, so I used the Maple Music Fever buff to compensate, bringing the stats to about the same as when I have echo, MW20 buff and cider.

Stats wit MW10 and Fever buff:
    ljr179-5.png

I successfully defeated it on the first attempt in under 57 minutes and got a pouch 2 drop,

ljr179-1.png

which opened to 6 coins.

ljr179-2.png

Not too bad at all!

ljr179-6.png

Used about 436 Elixirs and got a net loss of nearly 1 mil mesos after accounting for pickpocket loots. However, I received 6 coins from it, which is still a pretty decent earning for an hour of effort.

ljr179-4.png

I had a bit of spare time, so I proceeded to the next area, where I soloed the PQ.

ljr179-7.png

ljr179-8.png

Annoyingly, after completing the PQ with about 1 minute left on the timer, Asia seemed to have bugged out, and I was unable to proceed with the quest.

ljr179-9.png
    (hey wtf bitch?!)

Not sure if I missed out on anything, I decided to give the PQ another attempt. Luckily, this time, upon completion, she had the quest available to proceed.

ljr179-10.png

I didn't choose to solo Zakum because I only had a total of 4 characters that had completed the prequest, and I didn't want to spend time looking for people to fill in for the expedition. I definitely would like to attempt it one day, perhaps after I've settled down in my new apartment.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hi :]

I think I'm ready to delve into the realm of Chaos Scrolls. We've seen how I failed miserably at crafting, scrolling, and Reverse/Timeless leveling. I might not have the luck for those, but it doesn't mean I didn't have it for Chaos Scrolls — well, at least not known yet.

So, I'm going to put it to the test. The target of CS will be the Dragon Khanjar. The plan is to 30% the first slot, then CS the second, aiming for a 25wa, 5-slots, and hopefully with some Luk stats still intact. I will first spend my meso on making a +1 Dragon Khanjar, then spend my next 100 coins on a CS or, if I'm fortunate enough, to gacha one. It's going to be a long journey considering my current daily earnings of 10-20 mil meso; it's going to take about 3 weeks to acquire a CS.

Assuming an even distribution, if passed, each value from -5 to +5 is 1 in 11 or about 9.09%. If the success rate of a CS is accounted for at 60%, it would be 5.45% for each value each time a CS is used.

Wish me good luck!

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    3:46 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    After spending ALL my meso and having some terrible luck scrolling the first slot with 30%, this is the best I've got.

ljr180-1.png

Unfortunately, three other perfect clean ones boomed, but I suppose losing out on 1 Luk for a +5 WA is still acceptable.

Anyway, see you in 3 weeks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  5. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    9:46 AM
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    Planning on going for a 40atk dkhan?

6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I guess it depends on where RNG takes me. Don't think I'll be heading anywhere without a gamble anyway.

7. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hi, in case you weren't aware, there's a community ML campaign, ML New Leaf Group Ironman, going on where participants can only interact in active gameplay and trade among themselves, essentially like a wipe if you adhere to the rules.

I was initially preparing to get back to the Card Collection Challenge for a change of pace since I'm at the point where the gear progression curve hits one of the steepest, and it will take a very long time to climb. Usually, at this point, I would quit ML for a few months to years to recharge my motivation before coming back. Maybe this campaign will serve as a substitute for quitting and help rejuvenate my interest instead.

Unfortunately, there won't be a journal for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Currently, my limited daily time is fully dedicated to the New Leaf campaign. I maintain a mini-journal on its Discord, so do check it out!

My strategy involves grinding on maps that drop useful items for me. I began with poking Roosters in Thailand from level 14, and later moved to China, focusing on Roosters, Ducks, and Sheep. They all have a chance to drop a Dexless dagger, Korean Fan, allowing me to pursue a pure Luk build early in the game for better damage. I plan to use the best Fan I can get my hands on and then find the next suitable map to grind, prioritizing the loot table over experience points.

More in the Discord!

https://discord.gg/Mrpxnwvq

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1