1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

For those not playing MS2...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Qwiox, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    10:45 PM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Can I get an amen and hallejuah? Haha I will unfortunately be one of the few that will not play MS2 because it's 4 years too late since I had any interest in Neckson and we all know it's gonna be p2w eventually. Which means I will still be here supporting and repping! Looking for that halloween hype :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:45 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    It's already pay-to-win. You can buy the "premium" pass or w/e that increases exp gain and a whole bunch of other non-cosmetic stuff last time I checked. I would only ever play MS2 for the cosmetics, but that gets old fast. They are even trying to add a "Battle Royale" game mode to take advantage of the popularity of games like PUBG and Fortnite lmao

3. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    10:45 PM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    yeah no thanks on ms2
    I'll keep my dolla dolla bills and spend them where I want to, not where I have to.

4. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Not P2W. I played it all night. they did some serious balancing.. i'm actually suprised Neckson actually achieved such a great game. MS1 however is a shithole

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    7:45 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    It’s not,you can exchange your mesos to red merets

Dunno why y’all complain about MS1 (pay2win) infact it’s only pve... like spiral knights (unless lockdown)

6. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    - Blue merets = NX, Red merets = reward points

- You can create your own cash shop outfits using the existing cash shop outfits as a template, then just add your own texture to it and sell it for blue merets. these outfits NEVER expire if bought, but if you listed it to the marketplace its only up there for a month or two

- Your character talks! ALOT too!

- You can upload an avatar picture to your character, similar to how you would do it at the forums

- You can access the dungeons through the Challenges window, and you can easily find a party with the click of a button. (difficulty depends on gear score)

- You can add music notes or convert them from a .midi file to an MM2 and basically copy and paste it to a blank music note and play the song with your in-game instruments, you can also party up with other players that use different instruments and create a large band and perform at one of the towns (you gain exp from this too, which is how I got to level 60 so quick)

- You can block spammers and you wont hear anything from them again!

- You can do fishing, it is pretty much the same as it was in Black Desert Online

- The level cap is 60, the storyline stops at around level 50

- World bosses frequently spawn, so its usually crowded.. you don't have to worry about lag because you can make everyone around you invisible, or disable dmg numbers, skill effects, etc

- There is like 50 channels (I think?)

- You can build houses! you get one free if you progress through the storyline. also you don't have to spend any mesos expanding the width or height of the land (max width:25 x height:15) but in KMS2 apparently you still have to spend millions of mesos to do that

- You can buy property almost anywhere in the game! ..but most of the plots cost millions

- The world map is HUUUUUUUUGE! omg! Victoria island, Karkar island

- Some of the high level maps are openly PVP, part of the storyline suggests you venture through three of the PVP maps to kill a few monsters (I wont spoil it, but I've seen people get their butt kicked by high level players)

- There is a prestige system, which is sort of like an end game progression system. I think they should rework this because people exploit this often using alts

With all that said, I have not seen anything P2W in the game at all.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:45 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Does anyone know how party play is? I have seen there are dungeons with equipment requirements and also multiple players can join. Are the players super toxic?

8. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:45 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    amen