1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimage Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 30, 2022.

Is multimaging bad?

1. yes

98 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. neutral (not good or bad)

46 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:44 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I agree with -ovv-ovv that the new adjustments to pouches made progression much better by daily bossing, high-end leech selling is also really equal to 1 channel of multimaging, however multimaging is more expansive as a set-up, but thats fine (imo).

My main issue with the whole multimaging is the NX drops as it enables the acceleration of hyper-washed characters and thats where I find the problem to be. I'd prefer if NX drops were shifted towards PQs (not all PQs have NX iirc) and to bosses in some way. Multimaging is the best way to consistently get meso, nx and gach at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fluggo3

Fluggo3 Slime

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    Montreal
    5:44 PM
    Roost
    I/L Wizard
    Community
    If you're actively using more than 4 mages at the same time I can absolutely guarantee you do not wash your legs when you shower.

Anyway, i'm pretty neutral when it comes to it as a whole. It's amazing meso for very lategame progression, but it kills the economy and makes it harder for newer/midgame players. It's hard to justify doing it but it's also hard to argue against it because it IS an amazing method of making meso. I've given it a shot myself but it made me feel scummy, lol. I'll just stick to selling leech every now and then and making less than the dodecamage gigachads.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:44 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Hate the game not the player.

I think that multimaging hasn't been a good thing for the server in general, but with more and more people going into end-game and demands on certain goods rising it has been a logical move for most people to explore what multimage has to offer for them. However, I also strongly believe that the view of the public is a bit skewed in how necessary it is to multimage to progress the game and especially to have fun while doing so.

I've been a single / duo client mage player ever since I joined the server and have never had any issues generating meso at my own pace. While I see people around me do it twice or more times as fast as I can I've never felt any distaste towards people utilizing mages to generate a lot of profit. Anyone that wants to continue into end-game wants to chase big gears, this game is a grind and you'll have to work for it. Calling others out because they do it in more optimal ways than you do isn't going to help you any further, find a way to enjoy the game and chase your goals at your own pace.

• Agree x 18
    • Friendly x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    2:44 PM
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    To me it feels like multi-mage is just the newest scapegoat / low hanging fruit. Everyone complains about how much better it is than leech when this is in fact not the case.

High end leech significantly outperforms 1 ch/quad mage setups.
    I believe the per hour revenue from selling quad petri leech is 35-38m/hr if
    you have a good rotation.

This setup requires one (1) AM, one (1) hs mules, and a bit of player skill and can only be matched with a 6+ mage setup.

TLDR I think the gap between multimaging and leech is much smaller than people believe as it’s easier to blame the evil multimagers for all of life’s woes than to actually try alternatives

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Multimage is bad, multiclient is bad, leech is bad, the abundance of NX equips is bad. They all take away that nostalgic feel of a game that once was.

But yea it's what Sloth said. No need to take it out on the players as long as they play by the rules. Just hope the server moves in the right direction.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:44 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Don't disagree with that, that's not the issue that I find with multimaging. I don't find multimaging an issue, its only the issue of what I stated in my previous post. Otherwise I'm neutral to multimaging.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:44 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i agree with it, multi mage is the fast way to get money, but not the only one..

maybe a blizzard freeze nerf to it get a bit more dificult, or bosses a little bit profitable make it more equalized

8. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Out of curiousity, could you elaborate on how you/someone achieved 35-38m/hr selling quad petri leech? My math doesn't check out right.

Several factors to consider:
    • Mesos from leechers
    • Mesos from loot
    • Mesos from drops (etc/potions/gear)
    • Gacha EV

9. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    should be about 26m/hr from exp from the 4 buyers and the remaining 9-12m comes from raw meso, npc-ables, and gach

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Mesos from leechers: ~27m (quad leech @ 3.2 rate not using a very high leveled mage)
    Raw meso: ~650k
    Mesos from drops: 4.5m
    Gacha EV: 6m (assuming just 5 gacha per hour with 1.2m EV per gacha)

Totals up to 38m.

These numbers seem fairly correct speaking from my own experience, obviously some hours will be better than others

11. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I see I see, thanks for the info.

Personally at quad self-leech skele I get: (18x mage)
    Mesos value from self-leech: ~20m ( 16~17m eph per leecher)
    Raw mesos: 2.7m w/ MU
    Mesos from drops: 4~5m
    Gacha EV: 6m (going by your data)

I guess the difference is in exp, for some reason skele exp seems a lot lower.

12. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    5:44 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Actually I've heard about 40m+ meso with 4 mages that already is better than those numbers from petris.
    But the worst part is SURELY to find 4 buyers everytime you want to farm. And if you think it's easy at this moment of the game it is probably because people already learned that leeching isn't comparable to multimaging in a long term.

14. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    3:44 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    To the best of my knowledge, the only quad mage setup that can produce 40m+ EVH is nintos. Most of the other meta multimage maps like ToT produces roughly ~ ~6-7m per mage. Nintos is indeed an incredible map, but the drawbacks are that you need a bishop or IL instead of a FP(which most multimagers have from pre-patch), somewhat difficult sweeping rotation, and the fact that its a 2mage map makes it more difficult to scale up compared to ToT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    The NLC pot cost increase is killing progression for mid-game players more than multi-maging ever did. Frankly I joined ML about 5 months ago and through this whole time I never would have guessed multi-maging was a problem until pot costs were increased. It felt perfectly reasonable that there's a huge canyon between the affordability of standard mid-game gear vs. WS/CS'd gear because it's necessity vs luxury. You don't need 15 attack capes to do content, you just need 1-2 more attackers. A 6-man Zak run is just as fun, nostalgia-wise, as a 3-man Zak.

That all changed after the pot cost increase. The viability of playing "nostalgic" unwashed ML was thrown right out the window. It's not about surviving 1hit-KO's at this point, it's that a low HP attacker bleeds money on all content because the game's balanced around healing ~15k hp for ~4k mesos. There's nothing that heals a flat 4-5k HP efficiently (the same problem Dark Knight has) and while this has always been the case, the latest patch almost doubled the cost discrepancy. Forget gear, now you need to explicitly go out of your way to farm mesos just so you can afford to run your character.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    4:44 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Very well said tarnished, we went from fill 12 man ht fun runs every week to getting 3 signups because pot costs deadass beat 90% of our runs returns :/

• Like Like x 2
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    My take on this is that the pot expenses recalibrated the appropriate level ranges for how bossing content should be optimally played. It makes much less sense for a squad of level 155 players to run 12 man HT due to it being gated by pot expense and split distributions. HT is now better played by level 170+ 6 man groups.

On the other hand, levels 135+ have been shuffled over towards the usual Rav, Pap, Zak, and Krex cycle that don’t really demand too much pot burn (for zak, make your bishop heal and dispel you during body…), and this content has been adequately buffed with a new soft floor of pouch/coin drops.

Personally I think this server is just going through some growing pains with a long overdue change like this. While I don’t think it is good to force a sudden shift like this without some guided explanation, suboptimal social game play has never been lucrative by any means, and players are still more than welcome to utilize social aspects of the game like guild events or discord servers to bring people together.

If you want to run 12 mans, use your social credit to rally a group. Have higher level players with access to mesos vouch their time and effort for things. For example, if a guild mate needed a htp or cheap mw20, I would be more than happy to run content on my level 200 character to help them out. 30 man HT speed run? Sounds really fun to me, and at that point, who’s really penny pinching?

While it might be staffs responsibility to fix large problems before they get out of hand, it should be the players responsibility to find their own fun and enjoyment in this game.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Multimage is bad but not immoral. It should not be allowed but there's nothing wrong with using it as long as it is available. It is quite boring though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I like the NLC pot cost increase. The issue is these bosses don't give profits to begin with.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    The bossing situation is incomparably better right now than it used to be last year. You can form suboptimal groups on low lvl bosses and still have some profit right now, but before PCs not even pog squads were good to make mesos.