1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Optimal AP Reset Table for MP Washes + INT Resets

Discussion in 'Guides' started by kiwiz, Oct 8, 2022.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    1:06 PM
    For your reference, the following table is what I've worked out to use the least amount of AP Resets to get X amount of extra MP through adding a certain amount base INT and MP washing.

Optimal AP Resets Table.png

The MP gained includes the Lv.up bonus after the amount of stated base INT has been added and ignores the Lv.up gained before.

Example for extra 1,000 MP goal:
    • Add base INT to 110
    MP wash for 18 Lvs and you will get:
    • 11 MP x 18 Lvs = 198 MP from 18 Lv.up
    • 9 MP x 5 AP x 18 Lvs = 810 MP from 90 MP Washes
    • 198 MP + 810 MP = 1008 MP total gain
    You would have gained extra MP as well while adding INT along the way when you Lv.up with base INT at 100, 90, 80, 70... but those are ignored for simplicity.

90 MP washes + 106 INT resets = 196 total AP Resets

Assuming you need 25 (archer/thief) stats for first job, earliest Lv you can have 110 base INT is Lv.25. Lv.24 if it's 20 (pirate) stats and Lv.27 if it's 35 (warrior) stats.

And here's how we get all the numbers in the table... but how did we get 110 base INT? MapleF1

From a GoogleSheet that I've made to plot out the table with the MP goal as input:

Optimal AP Resets Table Snipet 1.png

The criteria is the least amount of AP Resets that gives more MP, in this case the 110 INT with 1,008 MP over the 100 INT with 1,000 MP.

Another example:

Optimal AP Resets Table Snipet 2.png

Basically I picked all of them at 1,000 MP intervals and consolidated into another table above.

And lastly, job advancement AP is not included as you will struggle to do second job advancement if your base INT is too high.

Hope this helps you with your washing journey and saves you some AP Resets MapleF17:thumbsup:

08 OCT 2022 - version 1.0
    30 SEP 2023 - updated image links from Discord to forum upload

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 11
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    yeah, no int gear. since there is nothing to ap resets for int gears.

we can always calculate them separately. like example if my goal is 3.5k mp and i can get 500 mp from int gears, then i need the other 3k from base int and mp washing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moon

Moon Slime

Jul 19, 2020
    Male
    10:06 PM
    Laughatpain
    Bishop
    Something to account for if you have unlimited NX or a large stockpile is the ability to do MP wash into more base int. It's not really effective till id say 160-200 base int, but you can generate more MP and not waste the ability of using fresh points while having base int go up to 500.

The justification for this is the ability to generate more MP while getting to your desired INT goal and theoretically washing out sooner. The NX cost is significantly higher as it adds 15k NX per level.

Example
    After 200 base INT:
    Level up -> Fresh Points to MP -> reset MP to INT -> repeat upon level up till desired base INT

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Not sure if there's already a term for it but I call it progressive MP wash. It can be calculated separately as well.

Every 10 base INT gives you additional 6 MP per Lv (1 from Lv.up, 5 from MP wash), which happens every 2 Lv.

Using the Sum of Arithmetic Sequence Formula:
    Code:
    S = n / 2 (a + L)

where:

S  is the sum of the arithmetic sequence
    a  is the first term
    n  is the total number of terms in the sequence
    L  is the last term of the sequence

If we start MP washing with 140 base INT and stops at 220 base INT for example:
    Code:
    (220 - 140) / 5 INT per Lv = Add INT over 16 Lvs

additional MP for every 2 Lvs: (16 Lvs / 2) - 1 = 7
    (extra MP gained at 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210 - so 7 times not counting 220 as our last wash brought us to this value)

S = 7 / 2 (1 + 7)
    S = 28

So, 28 x (2 x 6 MP) = 336 extra MP gained over 16 Lvs with progressive MP wash,

on top of the starting 140 base INT:

[ 14 + (12 x 5) ] x 16 Lvs = 1,184 MP

```
    Progressive MP washing from 140 base INT to 220 base INT over 16 Lvs:

1,184 MP + 336 MP = 1,520 MP total

EDIT: added beautifully made illustration
    Why S = 28
    [​IMG]

5. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Unless you have literally unlimited nx or are trying to wash to the mathematical limit possible on the server this is extremely nx inefficient.
    You can wash to well over 30k hp 10k mp without doing this and it is significantly cheaper.

If you are bored you should try running the numbers on this type of method vs normal. I did the math a while ago and was actually surprised just how inefficient it is

6. Moon

Moon Slime

Jul 19, 2020
    Male
    Laughatpain
    Bishop
    The only justification I had for the "progressive" washing was for my bucc where the fresh wash points were more important if I wanted 30k hp sooner rather than later. So pumping the fresh hp then setting it back to int.

With that said I didnt run the numbers and still odnt have the nx to play anytime soon so it could be extremely inefficient in this scenario as well

• Like Like x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:06 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    there's a huge diff between fresh ap->hp, -mp-> int and fresh ap ->mp, -mp -> int as you originally stated o-o

8. Asanagi

Asanagi Pink Teddy

Sep 16, 2022
    Female
    5:06 PM
    Asanagi
    Bowmaster
    Whats the most optimal way to hit 30k MP as a Mage? Asking for a friend btw, im totally above washing.

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:06 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    If in terms of AP Resets usage, the theoretical least amount is to hit 30k MP with the last MP wash at Lv.200.

In practice, it's more of a choice, usually for pot reasons. Generally people recommend to start MP washing around Lv.90 onwards for the gain to be more worthwhile. Once you hit close to 30k MP, you'd want to stale HP wash to not waste the gains beyond the maximum.

Looking at stale HP wash for magicians which is -30 MP for +6 HP, and fresh HP wash giving 6-10 HP, averaging 8 HP. If stale wash is 5 MP : 1 HP, then we can say fresh wash of average 8 HP is equivalent to 40 MP.

So before your base INT hits 420 (when 1 MP wash nets 40 MP), it is on average more worth to use the fresh AP on HP than on MP for better overall gains.

If you want to hit 30k MP ASAP and NX is not an issue, start MP washing as soon as you have maxed the Max MP passive and you should be very close to 30k MP at Lv.120 with a couple of INT gears and MW20 buff every time you Lv.up. I started MP washing my F/P at around Lv.75 and now it's about 25k MP at Lv.122 for your reference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Honestly, kinda depends on how much HP you want.

Caveat: You start MP washing at 12 and continue to MP wash until you reach your goal/200. You could reach theoretical max MP at or a little before 131, but then you're wasting all the MP gained per level from 132-200. Nise's Formulas really help for this, you can find out how much you'll need based off it.

For reference, at 200, if you never MP washed and played a pure INT mage, you'd hit 19,016.

Actually, here's a super secret HP calculator that Nise and Panda fixed up(I forgot how to tag users again): https://replit.com/@PandaOnOpium/hpwashingcalcedit#main.py Honestly I've only made my own excel sheets just to make sure I'm doing things right on the MP side of things.

Also here's Nise's formulas just in case you wanna do any maths: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nises-hp-washing-formula-compilation.38558/

12. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Wow, how could you guys not share such a good thing earlier?

13. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    It's a secret to everyone OnionPretty
    But also these threads get nuked into obscurity, it took me a solid 4 days to find it initially, and then I just bookmarked the posts themselves so I never have to try and find them again lol

14. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    It's not as detailed as chew's excel table, but much much more convenient. I insta book marked it myself, thanks EstrahlEstrahl !

15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    I could post my table but it's honestly a mess. Color coded, though!