1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sku's Master Quest V2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    8:00 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Ok ok ok hear me out guys. I was playing a bit this morning for my 'Iron Quest' challenge, hit level 30, and... something seemed amiss. I just wasn't having much fun playing that way. I found myself missing the magic and excitement of the original master quest: the INTlording, the money management, the masochism, the rags-to-riches, the hitting stumps for 2 dmg, etc etc. Basically my original journal thread was the most fun I've ever had playing maple.

So, screw this ironman stuff. Let's bring it back: a new quest, a new class, a new challenge.
    Welcome to Master Quest V2. SlimeGrin

~

If you're not familiar with the original, this is a self-imposed challenge where I try to do everything in MapleLegends, from creation to endgame, with just one character. It's an attempt to renounce the mulestory/leechstory lifestyle and build a character in a way that feels fun and rewarding.

What Class?
    Our job of choice this time is... *drumroll* ... Shadower! One of the most versatile classes that doesn't need to rely on anybody else to succeed. Their skills are flashy and their stat progression is intriguing (at least to someone who spent months playing a dexless NL). I've always wanted to try one out!
    You may also know from my last quest that I get really into card hunting, so the temptation of a quadruply-effective Monster Book Ring (STR,DEX,LUK,INT) is way too appealing to resist.
    The recent buffs don't hurt either. SlimeWink

FAQ

Q: Why start fresh instead of continuing the original?
    A: 1. Because I love fresh starts, 2. Because I blew up all my money for fun (it was a LOT SlimeXD) and 3. Because I want an excuse to play a bandit.
    ~
    Q: Is Iron Quest cancelled?
    A: YES. Don't worry, Ironsku the Page is living out a quiet retirement in Orbis. Not everyone is cut out for adventure!
    [​IMG]

Guidelines
    Along with the original rules, I want to introduce some additional guidelines I'll be following on this quest:

Minimal Scrolling
    Scrolling sucks. Alright, I know I had some really decent luck scrolling on Skusku, but scrolling in general
    feels like a losing game to me. When you get lucky and pass a bunch of scrolls against all odds, it feels pretty good, but nothing can compare to the haunting grief and regret of a failure--or worse, a BOOM, when you were really counting on a scroll to succeed. The pain of defeat outweighs the elation of victory. Thus, I'm going to be avoiding scrolling as much as I can.
    JK I JUST REMEMBERED I LOVE SCROLLING
    OnionCrazy
    ~
    Gacha Log
    Just for fun, I'll be constantly tallying the amount of gacha tickets I'm getting (along with what items I get for them). There will be a count that gets updated with every post. We could do this for other items, too, but I haven't though of anything else to count yet.
    ~
    Timing
    I'm going to be keeping a running total on my playtime, just for the record, so this is how it's gonna work:
    My timer will be running while I'm playing the game. It will be stopped when I'm not playing; this includes short breaks as well as AFK stuff like boat rides. I'll tally up playtime at the start of each update, rounding to the nearest half-hour for each addition. If I forget to start the timer or record playtime, I'll estimate.
    ~
    Update Schedule
    OK, so a big issue with the latter half of Master Quest is that I started getting really lazy about doing updates. This time, as a general rule, I'm not going to let it go longer than a week without a new post. The new paradigm is quality over quantity.

Milestones
    Here are some simple ideas for achievements I've come up with that will make for a good indicator of my progress at a glance. They'll get crossed off when they're done. Let me know if you've got any more ideas!

Questing
    Completed All PQ-related Quests
    Completed 500 Quests
    Completed 600 Quests
    Completed 700 Quests
    Completed 800 Quests
    Completed 900 Quests
    Completed 1000 Quests

Monster Book
    Tier 1 Ring
    Tier 2 Ring
    Tier 3 Ring
    Tier 4 Ring
    Tier 5 Ring
    Tier 6 Ring
    Tier 7 Ring
    Tier 8 Ring
    Tier 9 Ring
    Tier 10 Ring
    ~
    Collected 330 sets
    Collected 360 sets
    Collected 390 sets

Equipment
    Zakum Helmet
    Silver Deputy Star
    Horntail Pendant
    ~
    10 Att Glove
    12 Att Glove
    14 Att Glove
    16+ Att Glove
    8+ Att Cape
    10+ Att Cape
    ~
    120+ Att Dagger (perf+15)
    125+ Att Dagger (perf+20)
    30+ Att D.Khanjar

Character
    Level 30
    Level 50
    Level 70
    Level 100
    Level 120
    Level 130
    Level 140
    Level 150
    Level 160
    Level 170
    Level 180
    ~
    5k HP Clean
    10k HP Clean (lol)
    ~
    Dragon Khanjar Equipped
    ~
    1 Chaos/White Scroll from Gacha/Event
    3 Chaos/White Scrolls from Gacha/Event
    5 Chaos/White Scrolls from Gacha/Event
    10 Chaos/White Scrolls from Gacha/Event (Skusku tier)
    20 Chaos/White Scrolls from Gacha/Event (Ascended tier)
    ~
    Zakum defeated
    Horntail defeated
    There's a lot of bosses, I'll add the others later. SlimeWink

Archive
    Stuff I've done in the past in this thread (events, etc).
    ~~~Mega Giveaway!~~~
    I'm holding a giveaway raffle for everything from the first Master Quest that I won't be using anymore!
    Here's a sampling of the prizes I'll be giving out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ~
    And many more!

I'm going to make sure that everybody who enters receives at least a consolation prize, so be sure to get your entry in for guaranteed free stuff.

~~~
    How to Enter

(REQUIRED) 1 Entry:
    Reply to this thread with a post containing the following form:

Discord ID (N/A if none):
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages:

(OPTIONAL) Up to 4 Extra Entries
    Include a minimum 100 words essay on why you play MapleLegends.
    You'll receive up to 4 extra entries in the raffle depending on the quality of your answer:

+0 Entries: You didn't try at all/didn't read the rules properly.
    +1 Entry: You tried, but just barely.
    +2 Entries: You did OK.
    +3 Entries: You did a good job.
    +4 Entries: You wowed me!

Again, a minimum 100 word essay (there's no limit to how long it can be)!

~~~

How Winners Will be Decided

Say you score two (2) entries in the raffle. Think of those entries like tickets. When the deadline for submissions is closed, everyone's tickets will be dropped into a hat and shuffled. For each prize, a ticket will be drawn, and its owner will win said prize. That ticket will then be removed from the running. Prizes will be drawn in order from greatest to least value (for the most part). This means that those with the most entries will have the greatest chance of winning the most valuable prizes.

And like I said earlier, those who don't end up winning any prizes will still receive a consolation prize (at least 1mil value) just for entering.

Good luck everyone, I look forward to reading your responses! :pinkbean:

DEADLINE:
    TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10th at 11:59PM ST
    ~Mini Art Contest!~
    Here's an extra little contest I'm including with the main giveaway, for those who are interested.
    The rules are simple: draw Skusku!

[​IMG]

Any form of physical or digital artwork is allowed. Using assets directly from the game is NOT allowed. The winner will be the entry I like most. And the prizes:

:sack:1st Place: 50 million mesos:sack:
    :cash:2nd Place: 30 million mesos:cash:
    :coin:3rd Place: 20 million Mesos:coin:

Submission rules are identical to the raffle: In this thread, provide your submission, your Discord ID, and your preferred character for receiving packages.

If you're already entering the raffle, you may add your art submission in the same post for convenience - or do them separately, it's up to you.

If you don't want your submission to be seen by the public, send it to me via forum message with the requested information included. Keep in mind, however, your submission will be publicly revealed in this thread when the winners are announced.

DEADLINE:
    TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10th at 11:59PM ST

Index
    Here's a catalog of all the updates I've ever posted so they're easy to keep track of. Click to get sent to the post!

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    8:00 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    Total Playtime: 0.0 hrs ~> 11.0 hrs
    Let's get started right away! SlimeGrin
    [​IMG]
    Alright, here's the deal: I've already done the whole "new character level 1-30" shtick a billion times before, so I'm gonna gloss over it fairly quickly to start. Don't worry, I'll still be covering everything important.
    So here are my starting stats. The amazing thing about shads is that they get at least some use out of every single stat, so I barely had to spend any time in order to get a perfect roll.

Let's talk about washing. I get it, shads don't need to bother with washing too much -- but this is MASTER QUEST! We need a challenge, and that means I'm gonna be pumping a whole bunch of INT from the very start. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, unless you want to punish yourself!

Maple Island was painful, but all I had to do was pretend I was going for mage. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    I employed a secret washlord technique and cranked my INT up to 40 before advancing to Thief at level 11 (because I was 5 DEX short of 25 lol). I'm not sure if this is actually efficient, but it seemed like a good idea at the time?
    OnionF6
    Anyways, my damage SUCKS! It took me like 10 minutes to kill those 10 octopods for the thief training quest.

[​IMG]
    Needless to say I opted to grab some ciders as soon as I could afford them, and I really mean as soon as I could. Look right there, I've only got 1.7k meso left!
    Auspiciously, RNG bailed me out pretty quick! I got a shield att scroll from gacha and sold it as soon as I could to get some funds going.

[​IMG]
    I really, really needed to boost my damage by any means, so I picked up a couple shite gears from FM with the scroll money. At this point I believe I still had only 5 LUK, so yea... Not shown here, I also got a couple tobis to throw.

[​IMG]
    After that my damage wasn't TOO terrible (3 or 4 shotting Green Mushrooms) so without much else to do I decided to farm up some candies to get a sexy event hairstyle. Sku is back!

[​IMG]
    While I was writing this up, I realized that I haven't shown off my piss poor damage too much yet, so here's a couple screenshots of what we were dealing with at this point. Levels 23-25 or so.

[​IMG]
    Slow work it was, but I didn't have too much trouble slogging my way through some of the easier quests in vic.

[​IMG]
    Late 20s I had my next lucky break and scored TWO of these IN A ROW! I mean, I got dried squids and gachaphones before that, but dam I'm lucky. We gonna be getting a Z-helm ezpz.

[​IMG]
    All in all, it wasn't THAT bad getting to 30 this time. Even if you're piss weak, you can just focus on quests that are 5-10 levels below you and slowly grind up that way.

[​IMG]
    BTW, here are my stats at 30! I guess we can only go up from here? SlimeSweat2

[​IMG]
    The 2nd job exam was kinda brutal, especially cuz I have the accuracy of an unfunded warrior LOL. That said, it wasn't too bad compared to everything else I just went through. I camped at the top and chipped down the two blue mushies who would respawn almost instantly after dying. Took maybe like 15-20 mins?

[​IMG]
    2nd job get, Bandit achieved! This is where we officially diverge from MQ1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 0 ~> 8
    [​IMG] 0 ~> 1
    Milestone(s) Achieved

Level 30

Ok, wew, thanks for joining me! I would say more, but I'm eager to get this post out so the giveaway can begin. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, or just a good day!
    Until next time...
    OnionF2

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    3:00 AM
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    I like free stuff so here I go:

Discord ID (N/A if none): Moomins#0590
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: Moomins

I play maplelegends to get lots of mesos. I'm a student in real life with student debt but in this game I feel free and have many chances to make decisions. I'm getting into merching and discovering how to invest and grow mesos. Brainstorming new ways to grow mesos is exciting to me. From selling skele leech I've made about 3.6b so far. I haven't had the time to boss much because of school and also not really interested in bossing either. I tried making some good equips for my character but it has been frustrating for me and I've given up for now. I'm planning to stick around for a long time and become mister moneybags.

npc_900008_0.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    10:00 AM
    Crusader
    Discord ID Ziozo#3827
    IGN Ziozo

I play maplelegends because I am a boomer who falls too easily for nostalgia bait. This is also due to my inability to cope with growing older and letting go of the past so I fill the void of my life with fond memories I made playing a 2003 mushroom game. I look at modern games with absolute disdain as they tailor their interfaces to a comfortable and enjoyable player experience. The idea I wouldn't have to spend 20 hours to level up is a sign of the lack of dedication within the younger generation. The addition of the monster book in addition to quests helped fuel my OCD of playing every last bit of content in this game to death. I've reached the end goal of spending 2 hours to kill a boss that gives me 0.1% and I could not be happier.

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Time to nerf shadowers.

good luck with your new master quest :heartbeat:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    7:00 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Discord: Aaronis#0837
    IGN: Aaronis
    I play maple legends because I LOVE Maple Legends and all of its cool features such as friendly community, no gfx dcs, washing optional, no vote2win, and mac compatible. I also met my first love through Maple Legends and her name is HORN TAIL. Doing horntail with the boys is very fun. Shoutout to all the guilds I've been in which include Colors, Chef, California, Naplords, Muse, Aincrad, Colors#2 the Sequel, ThotzRUS, berters, Demure, Promise, Insomnia, Hazel, Horny, Tempus, Honor, Twice, Toxic, and most of all VIVID. Because all my active buddies and guldies are what makes this game FUN.

• Great Work x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    Discord: OJ#4449
    IGN: YNWA
    I play maple legends because I LOVE Maple Legends and all of its cool features such as friendly community, no gfx dcs, washing optional, no vote2win, and mac compatible. I also met my first love through Maple Legends and her name is HORN TAIL. Doing horntail with the boys is very fun. Shoutout to all the guilds I've been in which include Colors, Chef, California, Naplords, Muse, Aincrad, Colors#2 the Sequel, ThotzRUS, berters, Demure, Promise, Insomnia, Hazel, Horny, Tempus, Honor, Twice, Toxic, and most of all VIVID. Because all my active buddies and guldies are what makes this game FUN.

• Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. spencil2

spencil2 Zakum

Dec 17, 2017
    Male
    GetSmoked
    Corsair
    Discord ID (N/A if none): N/A
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: GetSmoked

First of all, you were the one that inspired me to create a maple journal so thanks for the idea! It's been almost a whole year since my first entry and it's been a crazy train ride both in real life and in Maple.

Like many others, I started playing MapleLegends for the nostalgia. Maplestory had such a profound impact on me growing up. It was the combination of the calming animations/soundtracks as well as the friendly community that drew me in. Got obsessed to the point of waking up at 3 am to sneak Maple on the computer for a few hours and then heading to the school bus at 7 am.

I chose MapleLegends since it was a server that emphasized play2win rather than instant gratification with crazy experience/drop multipliers. This made grinding and progressing in the game a lot more rewarding. Fortunately for me, training is surprisingly stress relieving and I am able to use this to balance my school life and now my work life. I felt that I was accomplishing twice as much since I was self improving in real life while leveling up in virtual life.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    Discord: N/A
    IGN: Awrien

To start off with some background, I first started playing Maplestory back when it was in open beta. I would've been just 10 years old, and it was my first ever MMO. It was one of the few things I could bond with my sister about, and we played together for years. I even made many friends along the way, some of whom I still keep in touch with. I still vividly remember spam clicking Lakelis to try to get a KPQ spot, hanging around CH1 Henesys, seeing a mass grave site when GMs would spawn Crimson Balrogs in towns, and much more. Needless to say, it was a huge part of my development growing up, but I stopped playing as my life kept changing.

Now just two weeks ago, nostalgia had brought me back to Maplestory, only to find that it's nothing like what it used to be. I wasn't sure if that magic from my youth could ever be recaptured, but then I stumbled upon MapleLegends, and I had to at least try. Of course, it's not exactly the same, and I am certainly a different person as well. But what I discovered was an incredibly friendly and welcoming playerbase and GMs, all brought together by a common passion. The community was truly at the core of what I loved about Maplestory to begin with, and I think that is where MapleLegends truly shines.

These two weeks playing MapleLegends has been a blast, and I certainly intend to continue for a long time. I even convinced my girlfriend to jump in as well. It's amazing how this game manages to keep bringing me closer to other people, in a way that no other game has been able to. That's why I play MapleLegends.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Discord ID: Mott#6035
    Preferred IGN: NightShadow

After graduating college, I felt alone. I was working full time, but I had left my community that I had grown to love. All my friends, roommates, and classmates, all going in separate directions. I had my girlfriend at home, but there was still the lack of community. This is when I really fell in love with MapleLegends. The community and the guild culture were exactly what I was looking for. We all share a common interest, to have fun and enjoy this nostalgia filled game. It is even better when you realize the online friends you have cultivate into a real friendship. Not everyone is perfect, but we all support each other and hope we all succeed in game and in real life.

I play because I love all my friends and enjoy spending time with them. Whether it be grinding out levels at Shaolin 5-6, killing the hell tree, camping dodo to steal them from other dodo hunters, or even hanging out on Discord, I’m always spending time with someone else and I really treasure all those moments.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    Discord ID: michaelxii#7719
    Preferred IGN: michaelxii

Right before graduating college, I was really plugged into good community. One friend (MATT) in that community found out that I liked and played MapleStory. All my other friends, old roommates, and classmates looked on Maple with disdain. We ended up playing MapleLegends together. I liked the first job levels, but second job as a fire/poison mage was awful. That's when I took a 2 month break from MapleLegends. After coming back, I hit 3rd job and was about to quit. THEN, JOOLAHN whispered me and gave me my first glimpse into how powerful mist training was. The mist training caused me to level so fast that it catapulted me to 4th job. I joined California, my first guild, and fell in love with the community there. We all VC'ed together and enjoy this nostalgia filled game. It got even better, when I met ML people in person! The road definitely has had its ups and down, but I do not regret a single moment of it.

Looking back, I was about to quit at level 71, but I ended up reaching level 200. I never thought I had the tenacity to grind that long, but the journey was wild. I grinded at 5-6 for so long that I now call it home. After reaching 200, I got sad that I could not grind anymore, so I made new characters. Talk about Stockholm syndrome.... Anyway, MapleLegends provides a way for me to have such a great community and fun-filled adventures!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm not entering but

The story goes back in time when I couldn't even understand one-tenth of Korean, my natural language. I was a small child, playing on my mom's silver laptop. The whirring sound from the laptop meant I was in a fantasy world named Maplestory, the most popular videogame in Korea at the time. I spent countless hours doing what a five year old kid would do: making a STR mage. I loved using Magic Armor because it made my character look bigger. It is a surprise that I even made to second job advancement as a Cleric.

Maplestory was an escape from my otherwise boring life. As a reserved kid drawn to technology, it would have been weirder if I didn't play Maplestory. Of course, the adventure was on and off; I had quit and remade multiple times throughout my life. I surely wasn't a hardcore player - I never even got to third job advancement - but I certainly grew up along with Maplestory. I was there when Big Bang patch happened. I was there when Unlimited was released. I was there when Resistance was introduced. Cygnus Knights and Heroes were big hits. My favorite was Professions, because I loved grinding for materials and trading for mesos. That was the first time I ever gained 7 digit mesos.

All good things had to come to an end, though. I was scammed of an Angelic Bless Ring recipe, which was worth all my assets. On top of that, I went through a very personal and serious situation around that time. Combined, I thought I was done with Maplestory for good.

My journey restarted after a few years. I had moved to the United States, and my life was slowly stabilizing. I missed my childhood game, so I decided to download Maplestory again. Unsurprisingly, time changed everything: new systems like Star Force, Linked Skills and Union, new maps... Zakum, once the strongest boss monster, had become the easiest boss for mere beginners. While it was still very fun to play, I eventually got bored of its repeating grind and lack of childhood connections.

Couple years passed again until I decided to play Maplestory. I had moved to attend to a university at the time, and I had some extra time - also known as procrastination - on my hands. This time, however, I wanted to find an experience that tickled my nostalgia. Thus my research in old-school private servers began.

I came across two biggest servers in old-school Maplestory scene: MapleRoyals and MapleLegends. Both had their own perks, different rates and player count. I ultimately ended up on MapleLegends after seeing multiple sources stating that MapleLegends had better community overall. And that's how my nostalgic ass landed on Legends.

If you ask me why I'm still on Legends, the answer is pretty simple. I like it here. It gives me the itch I've been craving for, and the friends I met are too precious for me to leave. I get to help people, and make new connections that way. For these reasons, Legends will be my only private server I will play until it closes down.

Thank you for attending to my un-proofread TED talk I wrote while I was bored on a bus ride.

tl;dr 5 year old kid grows up to play the same game he used to play when he was young, in exchange of his university grades.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. dropofyoga

dropofyoga Blue Snail

Oct 16, 2019
    Male
    Beginner
    hiiii thanks u so much
    discord ID: Shivashakti
    prefer IGN (character name) to resive the package is : Prana

I'm playing MapleLegends because i think is the perfect game, a master piece on lving and getting a unic character and items.this server looks prettry solid, have the same version i used to play before in mi childhood and has background from 2015 and i want to play in a secure space for a while , thats why i choosed it. Also is the time for experiment the complete game as before was just pay to win, i couldn´t experience the full of it .I started with a spearman46 and now leveling a cleric76 but My dreamed classs always have beeen night lord and never reached the 4th job so i will enjoy the game until i can archieve with more knowledge a solid one from the begining and enjoy the full of the game with it, hunting all the cards and bosses to in to a high lv :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    Discord ID: Jahao#0462
    Prefer IGN: Gitsniks

Originally I didn't want to play MapleLegends because "its maplestory". KEKW Oddly enough my real life friend managed to convince me by showing me two cute girls in his guild and so I reluctantly said yes. Little did I know it would be one of the best and worst decisions I'll make in my life. Bad to an extent because I spend an UNGODLY amount of time on this damn 2003 mushroom game BUT I made some of the greatest friends that helped me out and brought me great joy throughout my journey in Legends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    3:00 PM
    Discord ID (N/A if none): Hebaio#5998
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: NatteHond

I started playing Legends 3 days after it got out of beta, when someone from my EMS Guild asked if someone wanted to play a private server. Outside of EMS we were already talking, but I think that MapleLegends really helped us become friends. To this day we still talk SlimeSmile. And in Legends itself, a lot of the people I met there were also very social and kind people themselves. I have fond memories of the people I met during the time I regularly played this server from 2015 to 2017. And that’s one of the reasons I still (sometimes MapleF12) come back to this server after all these years. Even though I don’t play that much anymore, I never have the feeling that if I do return and come back online, I will have a bad experience. I won’t. This server has such a strong and social community that every experience I have in this server is worth remembering. Sure, there were some moments like in 2016 when the top of the community was a bit fed up with how the staff were handling the server, but that never bothered me. And even then, the staff managed to pull out of the slum it was in (summer 2016) and return bigger than ever (Q1-Q2 2017, I remember Legends having 1000+ players regularly in the span of a week). You have to give massive credit to Kim and the staff for pouring their heart into this server, even after all these years. And with private servers shutting down left and right, I hope to see Legends sticking around for a lot longer, because to me this is the server I always keep coming back to.

TL;DR: Very fond memories, good experiences, amazing staff and a lovable community to be a part of. SlimeWink

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Discord ID: Noob 3928
    Preferred IGN: Akash

Why I play maplelegends: I play maplelegends specifically because of the quality of the staff. They are more forgiving, fair, and competent than any other group of staff that I have seen running a maplestory private server. They also actually take a look at player feedback and implement good suggestions. It is also obvious that each staff member actually cares a lot about the server - you can see this with GM events and GM precel's dedication to actively helping people out and answering questions.

There are a lot of design philosophies about this server that I very much dislike - no permanent attack shoes, ap resets are effectively gated by time, grinding on a 4th job mage heavily outperforms bossing in terms of monetary progression, etc.

However, knowing that the server is run by a quality team, I am confident that as time passes by, the server will get better, and so far, after ~1 year of playing since I restarted last december, I am now even more sure that this is the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. covertseraph

covertseraph Snail

Oct 27, 2019
    Male
    Magician
    Discord ID: Dwigt#4273
    Preferred IGN: BigBean

My journey to MapleLegends stems from reminiscent memories and experiences than span back several years to the pre BB days when I was playing maplestory for the first time in GMS. I didn’t really have any real life friends who played at the time but I managed to make a couple friends during the struggle in KPQ and CPQ. Fast forward to about a year or two ago from today, my current real life gamer friends and I would seasonally hop back on the maplestory grind, covering a range of the existing servers (Reboot in GMS, Aries, Ellinia, etc). Well this year, after the university grinds for fall semester were over, I thought about restarting the grind afresh in an old maple server. Alas, my previous maple gamer friends did not want to join MapleLegends but I had some other friends who wanted to give the game a try for my sake, so I figured why not? One of the biggest differences between MapleLegends and Maple Royals for me was the voting rules, some of my friends reside in the same household so to avoid the complications of voting, we decided to play MapleLegends. Personally, I found Legends preferable than higher private story versions due to the focus on PQ’s and quests rather than grinding fast to reach endgame bosses and making multiple characters for link skills and the like. I was really unsure of whether I wanted to stick with MapleLegends or not though due to the difficulty that this requires (although the difficulty itself can be an appeal to intense grinders like you considering your post). For me though, the grind is only enjoyable if its shared with others and until I was KPQ’ing alone, I wasn’t sure this server would be worth it for me. I actually came across a very friendly lvl 200 while I was sitting in an empty KPQ channel 1 waiting for people to arrive for PQ. It took like 2 hours before I was able to acquire 3 others for KPQ and in that time I managed to make a friend who still encourages me to play the game on and offline. A couple days later I tried my hand at scrolling and passed a few, failed more often and there was this guy who f2/f4 based on my successes and failures while scrolling. He ended up inviting me to his guild and there I found more kind and friendly folk which encouraged me to play even while my IRL friends were not on. From then on I found more people willing to let me join their circle of friends and while this server doesn't have a super high population, the engaging and friendly community and helpful GM really made this game quite enjoyable. Even though I already spent 60k nx trying to get this specific hair (still failed to do so, so will try again when voting resets), I find the server still worthwhile to play (bless the existence of hats haha).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dilapidate

Dilapidate Red Snail

Sep 6, 2019
    Male
    DaNextLegend / Dilapidate
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Discord ID: Leggie#3338
    Preferred IGN: DaNextLegend

Once upon a time, little 9 year-old me was sitting on the side of a map next to Ellinia, patiently waiting for the blue MP bar to recover so that I could go out and start killing more slimes and stumps. The younger me dreamed of using the strongest ice and lightning magic in the game to smite his enemies down into smithereens, but the road to get there was long and times were rough back then. I struggled to get enough mesos to afford gear, couldn't really even afford mana elixirs, and the grind oh-so slow. MapleF4

A couple of years later and I sitting high and mighty as a level 50 ice/lightning wizard. I felt so proud that I could've reach that level that it felt like all those countless magic claws and lightning bolts had been worth it. And thus, DaNextLegend retired contently in the treetops of Ellinia. I can still see him now, wearing his Dark Starlight, Dark Moon Shoes, and Nocturnal Staff on his The Relaxer.

However, soon enough I found out about the existence of private servers! The idea of getting unlimited NX was enough to lure me into downloading and trying several different private servers over the years... but something always felt amiss. The game felt too easy playing on ridiculously pumped-up rates and didn't feel gratifying to play at all. I slowly began to lose interest as I moved from sever to server, then stopped playing entirely. But one day, my older brother got the urge to start playing Maple again and told me about MapleLegends. I had never played on a low-rate server before and I quickly thought that I would soon lose interest in the game like I had before, but that was not the case.

My brother and I began our adventures in MapleLegends as a bowman and thief. We were soon picked up by a junior of Agape, LoonyLoafer, who fed us loads of Mysterious Candy + Coke Pills and gladly buffed us with Holy Symbol and Maple Warrior (I promise she wasn't some pedo trying to pick up young newbies with candy and cool buffs:candy:). The lovely people of Agape then proceeded to tell me and my brother about HP Washing (wHiCh Is oPtIoNaLMapleF3) and we decided to make mages. And thus, DaNextLegend was reborn alongside his brother, DaNextDream!
    My long forgotten dream of being an almighty ice/lightning archmage was suddenly reignited as we both began our journey and set out into Victoria Island, ready to leave our mark upon this world! :pinkbean:

Much to my sadness, my brother soon stopped playing, leaving me to brave MapleLegends by myself. I had to relearn how KPQ worked, learn LPQ and EPQ and ask guildies constantly about the best training spots. Luckily, I met some amazing people during LPQ that I was able to train with though every job advancement. I endured the countless hours at GS2 and soon got my 3rd job advancement!MapleF14 Since I had never passed 50 on my old wizard in GMS, I was absolutely ecstatic. I soon found myself pushing my limits to get to the 4th job advancement as soon as I could. I still remember the moment I achieved the title of archmage. I was sitting at one of my college food courts playing MapleLegends with my laptop fully dimmed so that it wouldn't die. After getting my 4th job, I wasn't really sure what to do after that. I felt like I had achieved all I had set out to do. I slowly lost the desire to play and I left for a good 5 or 6 months. I wanted to focus on my academics and I wasn't sure if I was ever going to come back.

So finally getting to the point of why I play MapleLegends. The answer is simple and shared by many: friends. I've made connections with people on this 2003 mushroom game that I thought I'd never make. My guildies are 100% the reason why I want to come back to play time and time again. I told them that I wouldn't have came back if they hadn't been so persistent on me coming back. Since then, I have been playing regularly with small breaks in between, made an attacker, and now can almost 1 hit petri! I even recently had the opportunity to meet up with DKrai (Mott) in real life!! MapleF2

But yea, to all my Agape guildies, I just wanted to say I love all of your beautiful faces and y'all are the reason I still play MapleLegends!SlimeGrin

TL;DR: Young nibbo wizard achieves dream of becoming a not-so nibbo archmage after 13 years, does pretty ok damage, and made some cool friends along the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:00 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Mega Giveaway
    Discord ID (N/A if none): Tsuki#7462
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: itamiYouji

Why I play MapleLegends? For nostalgia of course! I started MapleStory in 2006. It was the first real time MMORPG I played. The real time online game concept was very exciting to me. I have turn-based game like Pokemon and gunbound, while real time game I played are not online games.

So which map is the most nostalgic to me? It was Maple Island. I camped my first character for quite a long time. It was like a small paradise, and crowded, you see like 10+ players playing consistently, and more and more new players emerging, since the game is new. We fought orange mushrooms together, sat on relaxer to heal our hp. Relaxer was pretty OP to me back then.

Those NPC have been talking about Victoria Island, okay so I left Maple Island for good. Arrived in a big ship in Lith Harbor, I walked towards right, saw a cab, with a sign “Double Click”. You know normally those adventure game, if you see arrow sign, or “Click me”, it must be the path bringing you to the place you are supposed to be. Yay so I didn’t have to walk to Perion to be a warrior, thank you Mr Cab.
    Mr Cab.JPG

My first character in MapleLegends is Tsukishima, an islander, to enjoy nostalgic Maple Island. After a month playing, I created my now bishop itamiYouji.
    Shoutout to all the guilds I've been in which include Colors, Chef, California, Naplords, Muse, Aincrad, Colors#2 the Sequel, ThotzRUS, berters, Demure, Promise, Insomnia, Hazel, Horny, Tempus, Honor, Twice, Toxic, and most of all VIVID. Because all my active buddies and guldies are what makes this game FUN.
    Welp yeah community is important, I managed to join Horny, which I betrayed to Halcyon after that. I joined many other guilds on my other characters: Simplex, xHamster, and Nani, met many awesome people from these guilds.

After quite some time, the master of xHamster recognized my potential, he promoted me to Jr. Master. I was so touched! I take the legacy of xHamster very seriously, which is to spread love to the world! I am always on look out for lonely, depressed people, am always ready to console them with lots of love. One day, I saw this lonely guy, he has been looking for guild for quite some time, and probably is still looking for one as I type this. Of course, xHamster will fill the void in his heart, at least that’s what I believed!
    reggistar2.JPG
    Unfortunately, he rejected my offer. It’s okay, love can’t be forced. It was a bittersweet memory and I bless him best wishes in finding his love.

You see, things like these are what keep me playing MapleLegends.
    Shoutout to all my buddies and guildies!
    Have a merry tsuki tsukimas and a tsuki tsuki 2020 :heartbeat:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Fuyohh

Fuyohh Red Snail

Jan 24, 2018
    10:00 PM
    Fuyohh
    Chief Bandit
    Good luck on your new Shadower journey!MapleF2 Skusku's journey was a fun one to follow FoxSpy

Discord ID: Oreo #2445

Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: 0reo - (with a zero MapleF3)

Here goes my journey as to why I play MapleLegends. I first joined MapleLegends with my lovely girlfriend (Oreooo) back in 2017 because we were craving for something to play together being in the early stages of our relationship, and it can add topics to our daily conversation as well as building on our relationship. And what's more to play than a game that we both have nostalgia for, Maplestory. We almost joined Roya*s (welpMapleF10) but it wasn't mac compatible and worked out for good, because Legends was and still is an amazing server.

Our journey was a slow yet simple one, just the both of us roaming around MapleLegends, completing quests together and just a sweet journey overall MapleF15, playing in hostel all through each night and not going school in the next day. It was when our school started to block Legends that we first get to experience the helpfulness of GMs. Our school, being a bitch (maybe), wants us to study and caused us to disconnect/hang in game whenever we log-in or change channels. Thinking it was server side issues or whatnot, we pm-ed GMs to bail us out and cyberdigi was the one to continuously save us and checking in what is wrong with us, because it became a frequent issue. But after that we got to know that our school was the source of our problems so we played with our mobile data (nearly exceeded my measly data every month but who cares, ML is life). In another scenario was during the server crashed a few months back, and me losing my Int equips when I was transferring them around my characters (being dumb) as well as losing quests progress. Siao was in constant contact with me, updating me on the progress on my lost items, as well as individually completing each of my lost quests (which sucks on her end cause I am such a quest-whore). Which was amazing because these people put in so much effort in the game managing issues (which people don't appreciate which is like MapleF9), yet having to manage their own life outside ML as well, which is why we did not regret our decision to join ML 2 years ago.

Next up was the community. People are so friendly (or most but its cool cause some people are just trolls anyway), PQs were so fun to do and yet they won't be toxic to the point if you jump on the wrong boxes during LPQ, doing KMS/JMS, they'll outright kick you next PQ (which is what happens in GMS in the past). And PQs are the bulk of friends you make which was amazing instead of playing LeechLegends MapleF3. Though HP wAsHiNg iS oPtIoNaL, and that I decided to wash at level 95 as a HermitMapleF4, the community was really helpful to guide me on how should I go about double washing and hit my target hp (thanks to Andy (IIIlllIIllII), Kiroyael and Kalash who gave me a breakdown on how to wash and base int/int eqs I require). In addition, your Skusku's journey really inspired me to hunt for cards whenever I could so that I could wash better though I am just Tier-8 still but soon enoughMapleF2 And that is why the community was really incredible with players being ever so helpful and approachable in game, forums, discords and not being toxic about it.

Hence, these are my reasons why I play MapleLegends and continue staying in the server, with my biscuit in crime (Oreooo), the community and the Staff with their ever supportive team coming out new content to keep the players engaged and happy which is really to be grateful for! FoxF2FoxF2

• Like Like x 1