1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Islanders and events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yuvalsan, Sep 29, 2018.

1. yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    1:16 PM
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    I recently participate in an event with my islander and got the Scroll of secrets from that event.
    As an islanders i can't do something with it and i would like to suggest to add a npc(or to add the option to the current event npc in southperry) so i can exchange this scroll.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:16 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If so, what's the point of being an islander?

3. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    Its a game it has no point. the only thing you should get out of it is to have fun.
    And we as islander can already participate in events the npc is already there, so just add the option for people who want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    6:16 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Well access to the same scrolls you get from turning in that quest off-island would ruin the challenge of being dependent on items only naturally obtained on the island. You do get an event trophy that you can NPC for 30k, and a Smega, as well as a chance of getting Game NX, so there is still a point of doing the GM events.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    I don't see it as a not naturally obtained item like you do.
    same way as pet food isn't something you normaly obtain on the island and it was added, or the omok game.
    in the end you as an islander can choose to use it or not.

6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Yes we choose where we draw the line and that may seem somewhat arbitrary to you, but I think most islanders would draw that line short of those scrolls you get from the quest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:16 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Next time remember to participate in gm event with your non-islander character :)
    Btw is your islander in guild yet?

8. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    nope, but i also reraly see other islanders.

9. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Pls contact me at discord Tsuki#7462 for guild invite.
    Currently island community is pretty dead.
    Who knows next event the old islanders will come back.
    Welcome to our family.
    What's your islander ign?

10. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    islanders already get items from events tho, i dont see why people take issue with this
    lets also keep in mind that islanders dont need to do much more damage than like 40, i think the strongest enemy there is a pig, this would just be for fun basically
    i can see why the gms wouldnt want to spend the time on this even if it doesnt take much effort, probably as simple as grabbing the npc from kerning or ludi, changing the etc item needed, done.
    i think the biggest problem is that it might hurt the islander community, if someone got a white scroll or simply amassed a large number of valuable items they might be tempted to leave and sell it all

11. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    and if they get items they can always get a mule to transfer the items.
    and to be honest if someone decides that he want an islander a few items wont make him change his mind and get out.
    and just like you said the strongest thing is a pig, so adding stronger items wont change a thing. it will be the same thing you wont get some sort of an advantage.

12. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    oh youre totally right
    i forgot islanders can still trade LMAO
    i guess this is a bit related to this subject, why not add a gach machine too?

13. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    I have never been an islander so I'm not sure if my comment holds any weight but isn't the whole point of an islander to use purely whatever is there on maple island only?

Pet food and omok are purely QOL stuff so I don't think you can lump them in the same category as scrolls and gach?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    saying that using only whats on the mapleisland is more of a mindset.
    if they will add a new mob to the maple island then is it "legit" to use what it drops.
    if you remember not long ago(well not really it was long ago) slimes pigs and stumps weren't part of the mapleisland view. but they were added. and now its normal.

and in the end if islanders don't want to use the event to get items they have that choise and they can do whatever they want.
    it's not like it will give islanders that use the event to get items any sort of an advantage over the other islanders, because like said here before, the strongest monster is pigs.

15. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:16 AM
    -adding a whole new npc
    -designing and wz editing a whole new custom quest (because you will have to if you change the items required to hand in the quest to better suit maple island)
    & finally spending time on a dead community which choses to limit themselves and have a simple life (limited scrolls, no gear other than surfboards, limited speed, etc)

Seems like a productive use of the staffs limited time..

Im sorry if this sounds passive aggressive but the islander community plays pretty sporadically and never agrees on anything. Someone in the past mentioned adding gach to island and that comment got so many dislikes from islanders.. i wish i could remember the thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/suggestion-islander-boss-es.8980/

you mean this thread ^?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    yuvalsan

yuvalsan Slime

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    yuvalsan
    Islander
    First you don't have to add a npc you can just change the one that is there(just add to him the option to redeem the scroll).
    second i didn't ask to change the outcome of what you get from, just like the monsters don't alwasys(and usaully they don't) drop items that suit islander. you can leave it like it is.(altouth it could be nice i would lie about that).
    And about the dead community, thats true there aren't many islanders, and you can probably count the number of active ones on one hand. and by now i don't see a lot of other islander(actually i just see 2 more) so all those who opposed the idea before(although a different idea), is it really theres to oppose if they don't even play now?
    I'm not saying i have the right to choose what's right and wrong. but times change and the community changes.
    right now its a different community and if this can live it up a little i don't see whats wrong with it.

18. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:16 AM
    You obviously dont understand how the npcs work in maplestory.
    1) IF you use the same npc, you need to change the quest item required to switch your scroll to a magic box and to exchange your magic box to a reward.
    Therefore, changing the dialogue and making it slightly easier to exchange for a reward off-island
    Right now the way it works is as follows:
    Ludibrium: you switch your scroll for a magic box at the npc, then you must start the quest and kill the spiders to obtain the key. Once you hand in your key , you get your reward (or ability to open the box)

Kerning: you speak to manji or w.e hes called; he asks you to get 40 charms of the undead which you then exchange for a magic box. Afterwards you go to mr lockpick (A DIFFERENT NPC) who asks you for a sapphire and bubblings to open it.

Youd basically have to change everything: items required, quest dialogue, etc

2) islanders do not want these items (white scroll, chaos scroll, gloves for attack 30, etc) on island. It defeats the purpose of island farming.

3) chosing to be an islander regardless of the server is chosing to have limited access.. i dont get why youd want to change that. Why not just make a permanent beginner?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Tempted to make mule forum accounts so I can like this again

20. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:16 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Just can the quest and make it a direct exchange at the omok guy. And for rewards let him give you 1 random omok piece, including the rare offlander omok pieces.
    OnionF3OnionCrazy

Now everyone with an islander will feel the need to do events on their islander and collect and trade the magical pieces over the course of the next several years.