1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Corsair Mechanics at HT

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by joota, Sep 8, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    3:51 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    It's too late for an explanation on how I got these numbers lol but you can look through the spreadsheet~

Key assumptions:
    -Take damage only from mid head/right head/right arm (i.e. right-top side attacker after legs/tail are gone)
    -Bishop dispels head consistently (no power up damage taken)
    -I spent a long time figuring out distribution of attacks/attack frequency for HT... I will fight you if you tell me I'm wrong F5

Key points:
    -The optimal strategy for maximizing DPM is to ONLY tank damage on boat for the mana drain (1 damage) and weaker fire/right head blast attack (~1600 damage)
    -Mounting/Dismount for ONLY 1/1: 63%~64% of dummy damage is possible (0 avoid)
    -Mounting/Dismount for 1/1 and 5700 dmg att: 77%~78% of dummy damage is possible (0 avoid)
    -Mounting/Dismounting for 1/1, 5700 dmg att, 1600 dmg att: 74%~75% of dummy damage is possible (0 avoid)
    -The difference in adjusted DPM from 250 avoid to 260 avoid is ~0.35% (0.0035%/avoid)
    -The difference in adjusted DPM from 350 avoid to 360 avoid is ~0.19% (0.0019%/avoid)
    -If you have about 450 avoid, 81%~82% of dummy damage is possible using the aforementioned strategy.
    -All of these results hold consistent across your level (lvl 140~200)

NOTE: the aforementioned optimal strategy is extremely difficult to do because of boat glitches (i.e. you have to time your mount/dismount perfectly)

Spreadsheet to play around with numbers:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12znPAZ_mP_vXbDi80PR89rrp7wC5X4QJcJknr9mAly8/edit?usp=sharing

akashskyakashsky did you think you were done reaching your peak dpm? I challenge you to hit 70%+ of your dummy dpm teehee

2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:51 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Worth noting is that there is a problem with the assumptions.
    If all 3 heads are up, they can all hit you. Each head has a full map attack. However, if you are on the top platform, only the 1/1s from Head C can hit you.

Regarding defense, I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but I have a feeling that it subtracts from your range. Horntail's head B has 1840 defense, so, i would expect something like ~15% damage reduction from just the defense.

Next time i do a HT i can try dismounting more and see the impact. It just never felt too worthwhile since my ship lasted so long and remounting sometimes carries a risk of getting hit with a ship bug and loosing 5 seconds worth of dps. Last patch it was possible for my ship to last upwards of 10 minutes because of all the mana drain spam (though this patch probably on the order of ~6 minutes).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    eff. I might have prevented left head from attacking D:<
    TIME TO SPEND ANOTHER 30 MIN COUNTING ATTACKS T__T

SelquinSelquin It doesn't account for weapon defense. So yea, maybe not 70% of dummy DPM but 70% of the theoretical maximum damage (no interruptions) at HT.

akashskyakashsky also just so you know, mount/dismounting 1/1 and the 5700 dmg attack is about 7.65 mount/dismount per minute and doing this perfectly allows you to sustain your boat for 64.5min at a time as opposed to 9.6 min at a time just doing it for 1/1s.

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:51 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Few fatal misconceptions here:
    1. If you didn't avoid ("Miss" being registered), all you have to do is dismount & remount for HT. If you got hit, it means you got KBed, which means (eventual) repositioning. Usually by way of recoil shot which is added ms.
    2. If you dodged (not a "miss" but dodged the damage to your ship, and you tanked it on your character) and dismounted immediately, that you can remount immediately. We discussed this before you posted very briefly that the moment you dismount the ship doesn't take damage, but thats 700 ms roughly of dismount animation. But just because the animation finished doesn't mean you can remount immediately. You have that "flinch" animation that has to be finished as well. Pressing remount while you're still flinching usually leads to a delayed mounting (from what I've gathered) maybe akashskyakashsky can confirm this. I don't think the dismount & flinch animation can be done simultaneously, which usually leads to some delay. I've found it faster to start mounting after I've taken damage.
    3. There's also issue of dismounting right as you're in the middle of an attack animation, which leads to the sitting bug. So if per chance you're mid-attack as the damage is about to come crashing down on you, you won't be able to dismount/remount in time anyway. So you'd tank more damage than "realistically" expected.
      • I put this here, even though you talk about boat glitches, since I'm not 100% certain you'd be able to dismount while an attack is going through. It'll either fix so that you can dismount mid-attack, or prevent you from dismounting at all when you're mid-attack.
    4. You don't count the mana drains, as needing to dismount/remount for them. But they do KB, which also means (eventual) repositioning.
    Some factors that weren't considered:
    1. Repositioning, dismounting, mounting reduces as more parts die as well. So any number crunching based on current assumptions would only be applicable to one part of the run. It'll change based on how many parts are dead. It'll scale up towards like 2 parts left, where you pretty much just deliberately tank everything so you can reset for the next run.
    2. Wing flap damage when you've been knocked to the edge of the left most edge of the right platform.
    Regarding defenese:
    Mob defense and player defense are calculated differently. The only listed formulas are for player defense unfortunately. I know that for player defense, the defense numbers are so insignificant. Like maybe 10 damage less. For mob defense, its definitely far more impactful (sort of unfair, but neckson what you gna do *shrug*).

6. OP
    OP
    joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Jump+cannon (sticky keys) means you don’t lose dpm repositioning.

You can flinch and cast battleship, much like most other skills in this game.

I didn’t consider wing damage because you can avoid that with proper positioning as far as I know.

I used this as as the limiting factor of the dpm since this is where the majority of difficulty comes in for the longest duration. I didn’t include legs/tail time because I’m not as sure how it works and it’s a shorter period of time spent relative to the whole run.

7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:51 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Jump + cannon works if your repositioning to the part your cannon is shooting. If you're on the top right hand platform you reposition every 3 or 4 hits. The hits knock you to the left, meaning you have to reposition to the right. If you jump + cannon to the right, you're attacking the right so you're not getting any damage in.

You can indeed cast battleship, but I've noticed the following:
    • If you input dismount+mount when not being attacked you can instantly remount
    • If you do it right as you're being attacked, there is some sort of delay. You can cast it, but the actual mounting animation seems to come out a bit later.
    Back to the repositioning every 3 or 4 hits. If you start from the far right, and get knocked twice, you're within wing damage range if I'm not mistaken. You can tank it and land on the smaller platform right below. But you'd have to reposition right after, usually with a recoil shot. Simply jumping up to the right platform isn't enough distance to not fall off again right after.

Oh another thing I forgot is latency issues. You have roughly 700ms dismount time that serve as your "time" to take damage. But this isn't really realistic when most people from the other side of the world have 200ms or so of ping. So you have 500ms time window to dismount frame perfectly. What usually happens is you dismount 200ms EARLIER to self-correct.