1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    6:31 AM
    Bishop
    Fair enough on a lot of your points. Also I misinterpreted your dodging the bullet sentence to mean that you thought mages were lucky to have dodged the bullet and that you thought they deserved worse, so, sorry for that.

I did not know that bishops always outdamage archers at HT and archmages outdamage archers at PB. So if that's true, thanks for opening my eyes to it. Everyone always told me that archers and sins are the most desired attackers overall so I just went with that. However I want my one main char to be viable for all bosses, which is why I went for a bowman. I still don't think the mage farming strat being nerfed is fair, because I think selling leech should far outweigh just farming solo on a map. I feel like I'm literally doing a job when I'm leeching and it would be nice to be compensated for that. If the focus was truly on inflation I believe there are other, more fair ways to deal with that rather than bring down the hammer on one class but its ok, I suppose I'll get over the change and not everyones gonna agree lol.

I still dislike the lack of any sort of warning. All I'm saying for that point is that it would hurt absolutely no one to have known about this change 1 month ago. If you have a sweeper mule already, you know that you have 1 month left with your beloved cash cow. If you don't have a sweeper mule, you can rejoice with everyone else now that sweeper mules are out of the game. If you are currently making a sweeper mule, you have the choice to push forward and only get to use your mule for a limited amount of time, or you can choose to stop entirely if you regard it as a waste of time. Just like Jaynus said, if the staff said something like "this pumps alot of raw mesos into the game and is bad for the health of the economy, expect something to be done sooner rather than later" I feel like that would be a perfect warning, whether it's 1 week, 1 month, or several months before the change. Of course, this is all just feedback and insight into my POV. Obviously if no one wants to listen I'm just complaining for nothing at this point, so I'll leave this discussion here. I don't mean for the staff to feel like I'm attacking them! I'm thankful and appreciative for all you guys do and I'm just doing my part in this community by putting a differing view out there!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    7:31 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    a smol aclaration on this but not always, in ht body most archers will do 5~6m dpm, the very best and top of the class do 7~8m dpm, this is single target but is damage on body anyways; I'm aware I'm comparing with cleave but for the sake of comparing and make the point that mage damage isn't poop, a bishop dpm on body can range from 5 to even 10m depending on magic. And in the case of pink bean it resists and cuts attackers damage in half except poison and lightning magic attacks, and while the whiting mechanics can be a bit cheesy they are fair if the players competing are in the same party, a f/p has whited lvl 200 BMs a couple of times and said f/p wasn't as funded as said BMs.

but anyway, I recommend checking forums every now and then to check the threads and see what's the community talking about, most of the times is only shitposting but you still get an idea of what topics are controversial.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:31 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Archmage are still terrible overall on pink bean because of their terrible statue performance. But on the actual bean itself they do well.

4. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    7:31 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Perhaps there can be a scenario where if AM pushes magic to the limit and capitalizes hard on pb, that extra pb dpm over other -not NL- classes could make up for what they are lacking in statues to at least bring them up as decent overall

though the best comp will always be all NL run kekw

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    #makeSIgreatagain

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:31 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    From datamines back when CWKPQ was about to get released, apparently:
    • New Leaf City/Masteria is brought into the maple world by Subani
    • Subani's Ankh was found by one of the Barricade brothers, prompting them to explore Masteria
    • Subani's powers relate to why you're able to go on the CWKPQ expedition
    ^ stuff I had to research to make sure our exchange was thematically on point

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Will existing pq equips be retroactively buffed? I've completed all of each necessary to get the maxed equip and continue to use almost every one, even my horus that failed 2 rocks. Am I about to reroll for these long due improvements?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Updating old equips is a very lengthy and arduous task for our developers, but this is something that I'd thought about as well. I am thinking about asking older users who may have the older versions of the item to post a screenshot within a character issues ticket showing the item and we can give them the updated version - but this is still in discussion with staff. If we do decide to go ahead with it I will be announcing it in Discord.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. mirurun

mirurun King Slime

Jan 23, 2019
    Female
    6:31 PM
    Beginner
    NiseNise why u nerf this mr gm why u hate [job class] so much

NiseNise
    response?
    [​IMG]

NiseNise
    gm response?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    If this idea will be pursued further, would it be possible instead to reward updated pq items based on the recorded number of completed PQ runs rather than having the old version of the items? It sucks for people who obtained these items a while back and then threw them out after realizing they become obsolete quite quickly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Ya this seems like the smarter way to do it. Every pq npc records the number of times a character has done each pq, right? Could we refresh the record on whether those characters have collected their rewards? Then they can take the updated version

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:31 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Only Lakelis, the LPQ signpost and the bellflower PPQ guy record your runs, the others give you an etc to trade in for the reward., so that might be an issue there.

I wasn't around when EQP and MPQ were added but I suppose anyone that outleveled those were not able to get those rewards anymore either?

You could also consider this as a solution.

13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yeah all the pqs have different ways of turning things in, we also considered an NPC script but again that's more dev work and our devs are already working overtime to get the event out. It will be kind of tricky but thanks for the ideas guys. I just need to make sure if it's automated by NPC that like... People won't be able to turn in scrolled versions of the item for a new one to reroll stats, etc, and that is not abusable.

But yeah I just wanted to let you guys know that this is something that we have been looking into so please don't throw away your old pq rewards just yet!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    this would be really nice, especially for some PQ rewards like the Lord Pirate's Hat (Tier 4) that took tedious efforts of 100 PQs to achieve plus we can't go back to PQ for them again now that we've outleveled the PQs.
    Jaewonnie's suggestion sounds pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:31 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    this is great. every year staff never fails to dissapoint. <3 keep up the great work!!

thank you for feeding our nostalgia. MapleF14

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    1:31 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Oh well, time to quit my NightLord. They were only nerfed in this server while other classes kept getting buffed (especially Corsairs, seriously that's ridiculous).
    Nobody did anything about NLs trashy mobbing and the Crit rate balance was reverted since it was harming lower levels, not to mention Alchemy was also nerfed.
    - I'm sorry but I'm not gonna fight for MTKs and pay ridiculous prices for 15 sets.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Maybe if you were to read the Shadow star fix you'd understand the class was bugged, same as Archer and Rapid Fire for Sairs.

Now the thing is, if you read just slightly below it there
    [​IMG]

Grab pen and paper and think what ways NLs can be compensated.
    Stars can be priced to be on par with MTK prices, maybe easier crafting?

You're a NL, you should be thinking of how the class should be working on in the future, if certain balances need to be given... write a suggestion thread?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    1:31 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Yep, I had enough. Probably not gonna bother with it.
    I'm not saying this out of toxicity but pure honesty, I had enough of the NL nerfs and I'll probably work on a Corsair cos they're broken.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you really quitting your NL because you lost 1 attack. :V

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    because he didn't farm stars for the last couple of months, given people have been talking of shadow star being fixed for literally... all year?

and yeah 1att = shit char remake

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1