1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Luu's Journey to a Main

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Luu, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    1:12 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Or Ice/Lightning! Both are good options. F/P just hits some of the thresholds marginally sooner.

If you don't actually want to play as a bishop - then making an archimage + HS is a good choice for being able to sell leech by level 120/130

2. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I have, twice, on this server, made an I/L to level 50. On GMS I had an I/L get stuck at level 40 for the longest time because I was a child and put no points into magic guard; post-bb with the free SP reset I fixed the character and grinded to level 80. Several times prior to that, I attempted to make another I/L to recover the ill-advised SP distribution one.

I have played enough I/L for a lifetime.

Yes, this means disregarding the fact that I have a level 57 I/L already standing by. Besides, I want to use that account's NX for my main.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  3. dechenny

dechenny Orange Mushroom

Sep 21, 2022
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Maple
    F/P is pretty sweet 3rd job to 4th job vroom vroom . Personally have a I/l arch mage pretty cool as well.

4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    1:12 PM
    Both I/L and F/P have different grinding style. I/L is a mindless grind while F/P is more intense overall.

Note that all these timing I probably had a lv17x Bishop in party for HS.

I/L:

[​IMG]

I/L I did Mannequins with Lightning Bolt after lv60. I think this was after the aggro “fix”, but still pretty decent due to I/L’s faster cast point. Can level up within 45min untill lv70.

[​IMG]

The timing was reduced once I can wield Ele Wand 4 with increased in TMA plus bonus 25% lightning dmg.

lv69 to lv70 took 43min.
    lv71 to lv72 took 31min.

[​IMG]

After lv85 it’s Spooky World, with Ele Wand 3, all the way till 4th job.

At this point, Mannequins took about 1hr to level up. Spooky World set it back down to 30min. Notice lv89 to lv90 took about 35min.

F/P:

[​IMG]

F/P would be Poison Breath on Death Teddies and Master Death Teddies once I’m able to hit them at a certain chance. Because poison ticks have a fixed % damage, as long as I can hit them, the poison will tick down to 1HP and I finish off with Magic Claw.

Because of this, F/P don’t even need a decent weapon at all. Although some extra INT will allow you to hit them with higher chance slightly earlier, once you level up a few times it doesn’t really matter anymore.

[​IMG]

Under 50min per level at Master Death Teddies closing to 3rd job.

[​IMG]

After 3rd job and lv79, Poison Mist opens up to new places, notably Forest of Towers. Although it’s insanely fast, lv80 to lv81 in 23min, the intensity is too much to my liking (mainly I’m burning pot too fast and I don’t like it). So I went back to Ludi’s Dual Ghost Pirate and settle for 55min.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 17

With all the above discussion in mind, I'm gonna make an HB mule. Don't feel like dying at ghost ship or having to pay a steep inefficiency penalty by needing to use magic guard.

But first...
    4.png
    It'll speed things up a bit, and only cost 800k. I'm pretty sure I made 800k grinding in GS1 for two levels. It also doubles as an investment into the future bucc, which will probably need an early-game dex robe to help with accuracy and equips. Gonna see if I can stick with the guide's suggestion of 35 STR and then throwing every bit of AP into HP at 2nd job.

Anyway, onto making the HB mule. For this, I'll listen to... Herbert von Karajan's conducting of the Wiener Philharmoniker's performance of Bruckner's Symphony No. 8.

Song ended at returning to the Nautilus after killing pigs; onto Dvorak's New World Symphony, with Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic.

Finally got to the part in the guide where I kill some green mushrooms and... well, there's an immediate problem: I can't hit them. Time to just... add just enough dex until I can. Seriously, it's an HB mule; it doesn't matter how much HP I cram on this thing at the end.

Though apparently I don't have enough, because there goes all my HP. One of these days I'll pay enough attention.

Got a gold surfboard while grinding for a quest, which is better than the level 15 spear I was using (namely the fast attack speed). Hit level 20, and called it a night.

Then before going to sleep I remembered that I only bought two maple knuckle varieties; there should be three. Looks like I missed the level 43 one, so bought a decent one (unscrolled) for under a million and stuck that in storage. I can just put some 100% scrolls on that; no big deal.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    12:12 AM
    I just wanted to mention that you hit the differences between the classes on the head! I would say though that it's even faster than what you're suggesting. For me, I would level between every 5-10 minutes and I believe someone else told me that the EPH is around 31 million exp/hr though it's hard to figure out the EPH since you can't do @epm while moving maps and changing channels. I did 79 to 105 in less than 8 hours and then got burnt out so just leeched the rest of the way to 120, but I believe it's even faster than leeching.

upload_2023-7-26_0-19-59.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, I think it should be much faster. I could only give the timing based on what I have in the leveling history, which is like 3 years ago. Because I wasn’t there for long, I didn’t find the optimal grinding pattern. And the main reason was I only tried on a single channel.

I always prefer to grind at places where I can earn meso as well, or at the very least not burning them away. I’d rather take longer time to level and have a therapeutic session.

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:12 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    my f/p do it almost naked, i dont think need much effort to do it with max meteor

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 18

Back at getting this HB mule to level... whatever it is to max HB. Which, right now, means waiting around for Mano. So, while I wait, might as well do some thinking.

Before I could do much thinking, a mage showed up killing some snails for bronze ores. Since I have, like, 12 ores and 4 plates on my I/L, decided to oblige and give him the 3 ores he was looking for. Given that my I/L's equipment-focused quest has ended, no point worrying about hoarding ores for crafting. Anyway, back to thinking.

I suppose at one point, perhaps much later down the line, I'll probably want to self-leech the HS mule to Bishop regardless just for the sake of having a bishop in back pocket for muling purposes. Not something immediately necessary, that's for sure. Might also want to get more bossing-relevant mules going at some point, like a sed mule (what do you even go for, stat-wise, on one of those? Do people even bother with those anymore?) or a SE mule (not relevant to me specifically, but never hurts to have one lying around). I say that as if making one of those is particularly convenient. "Nah, lemme just self-leech for 100 levels; it won't take more than a day."

On equipment, for washing purposes I need... overall, eyes, and shield. Overall will cost around 100 million, eyes probably like 70 million-ish, and shield... no clue on the shield, but damn those scrolls are expensive. So probably like 100 million there, too. Oh, and a deputy star, but those don't cost that much. I suppose the F/P will need a zhelm at some point, but that's not that expensive compared to the other stuff. Honestly the zhelm isn't really all that necessary until level 120 anyway, because as mentioned here the benefits are mostly for accuracy rather than damage until meteor storm is an option. Otherwise I can just use the same equipment currently on the HS mule, at least until it all winds up used for washing the bucc.

Then there's the actual, y'know, combat equipment. Fortunately there are guides that include good outlines on that front, so not too much I need to figure out for late-game and end-game stuff. Mostly mid-game. The DEX overall will help with accuracy; got the various Maple knuckles so I have weapons without stat requirements, and of course all the other stuff will be acquired and improved over time (bwg/ym, pac/pgc, deputy star, goggles, earrings, some variety of face mask, zhelm... snowshoes if they're not a fortune? No clue the cost on those). If I aim low at first, I should at least be able to get a full kit going before third job. Even if they're mostly mediocre stats; something's better than nothing. Eventually get enough DEX on the lot of it so that I can replace the bathrobe with an overall. Aim for a better weapon. Improve the glove, cape, earrings, and helmet to have enough DEX to let me wear my better weapon.

Certainly a long way to go, but at least the route seems straightforward enough. Plus, if this F/P is a sufficient money maker, I might be able to set my sights higher before even getting to the point where the bucc is self-sufficient.

Anyway, Mano spawned, so that's done. That bathrobe definitely saved me.

...okay, seriously, how does anyone play a warrior? I can't hit anything, even with 30 DEX. Not to mention using HP to do an attack. This is just the worst. Buying some damn accuracy potions.

Finished out the planting trees quest and decided to take a break, because the next thing the guide suggests is killing several more level 20 monsters that I probably can't hit. Might just have to give up on following the "HB mule" AP distribution suggest of saving up everything and dumping it into AP at 2nd job because this thing can't level by itself otherwise.

10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Forgot to mention the need to prep some cheap accuracy gears.

1. 10+ total accuracy Gloves (<500k)
    2. 6-7 accuracy Blue Old Wisconsin (<500k)
    3. 10 DEX Overall (<800k)
    4. any 7-slots shoes with Shoes Avo 60% scrolls (<800k)
    5. Fish Spear scrolled with Spear Acc scrolls (price depends on how much you want to invest in 30%, 60%/70% scrolls, but can be done under 1-2m), or buy pre-scrolled ones

Usually a decently scrolled accuracy gloves with accuracy Fish Spear is mostly sufficient. Scrolls are relatively cheap.

Passing 2x30% and 2x60%/70% on a 1 DEX Blue Work Gloves gives you 14 accuracy and 9 DEX (21.2 total accuracy).

Passing 1x30% and 4x60/70% on a 5 accuracy Fish Spear gives you 22 accuracy and 11 DEX (30.8 total accuracy).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  11. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Ah, hm. Start from the top with accuracy equips so I can avoid having to sink 20 AP points into DEX that weren't necessary, or does it not matter and this thing's total HP by the end of this is for the most part a moot point?

The mule guide that suggests an HB mule loaded with HP doesn't really explain why that matters. Like, yeah sure it can have ~17k HP with HB but... is that useful?

12. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Unless you’re the nitpicky kind, doesn’t matter.

If you are, then your AP should go into INT after the minimum STR needed. SlimeGrin

If you want to further optimise, load your warrior with high INT equipment.

Once your Max HP skill is maxed (at lv15 I think?), put fresh AP into HP, since MP washing is still not efficient with current low base INT. BUT, if you don’t enough excess MP to reset out back to INT, use it on MP so you don’t waste the fresh AP.

AP Reset from MP back to INT.

Start MP washing with fresh AP once you have 100 base INT. Until the point where you have good enough of excessive MP, then use fresh AP on HP again, and AP Reset from MP back to stats.

TLDR; it’s just a mule, doesn’t matter. Only want it for the HB buff.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I think it’s so that your mule can navigate through high level areas without dying so easily. But most of the time you will be dooring your mules.

14. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    That's what I figured. Not gonna fret over it.

15. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Alright, plan of attack for tomorrow will be grabbing those accuracy gears. We'll see if I need to burn through my AP then.

16. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    So turns out Pikmin 4 is really good at consuming all of my time. Managed to tear myself away from it, though. Figures that the whole emphasis of that game is "dandori", or the practice of planning out and efficiently completing tasks.

What is this playthrough other than that?

Session 19

First, gotta get... accuracy gloves, avoid shoes, and an accuracy hat. Not bothering with the fish spear because the bucc won't be able to make use of that. Hat was straightforward. The other two were not. Decided to just browse until something caught my eye that fit the requirements.

Gave up on that because it seems no one sold the gloves I was looking for, so I bought some blue work gloves and scrolled them myself. All of them passed, remarkably. That left shoes. Shoes, shoes... any shoe with seven slots. Fitting with the christmas socks, went with a purple christmas sock. 5 scrolls landed.

I'll take a stab at actually hitting things tomorrow since I'm feeling a bit tired (too much Pikmin 4), but at least this stuff should at least help both this HB mule now, and my bucc later.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 20

Alright we back. Looks like ant tunnel's the next place for questing, so to ant tunnel I go.

Good news, I can hit things. Bad news, I did not hit level 25 when the guide said I should hit level 25. I'll deal with the ramifications of that tomorrow, but it seems I'll have to find some easy experience somewhere.

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    you doing quest by yourself or using another char?

19. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh right, cause i bought things and used other char to do quest on my new char and get less exp cause no was me killing