1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Luu's Journey to a Main

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Luu, Jul 16, 2023.

1. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:35 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    all quest i did on my char lv 1-30

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    7:35 PM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I mean, I was almost at level 25, so it was probably just grinding for 100 charm of the undead that took me less time than what the guide predicted. No biggie; I'll just kill some blue mushrooms.

Session 21

As per the above, I killed some blue mushrooms until hitting level 25, then called it a night because I started late. Next time, I can resume with the guide.

3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:35 AM
    A guide is just a guide after all.

Sometimes I set mini goals along the way, like I’m gona smash these mushrooms until I level up, for example, before moving on. So I’ll always get more than expected.

4. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Yeah, I feel I probably should have stuck around in the ant tunnels for a bit longer. Oh well. It's not like I'm at a point where leveling takes any notable amount of time.

Unrelated, but on Maple Island I wound up with a pair of red work gloves. I assume those are probably worthless on the free market? Haven't had the chance to check, but something tells me that +1 STR is not what people are looking for as a base glove for any scenario.

5. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Other than the 1 INT yellow ones that can sell up to 1.5mil sometimes, the rest of the 1 stat usually sell for 100-300k.

6. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 22

Upon being informed that the red work glove I got from the start of the game was, as I assumed, effectively worthless, NPCed it. Sure, could've gotten more for it in FM, but something tells me low demand would mean it would sit forever, and I hate having goods I can't move.

Anyway, to continue with the guide, off to killing evil eyes and wrapping up all the level 25-30 stuff that's in Victoria. Will work on the stuff in Ariant tomorrow. Hit level 27 in the meantime. If everything goes well this HB mule should wrap up in short order.

7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Whhaaaat?! At least throw in a Gloves for Att/DEX 10% scroll first, or Gloves for DEX 30%. They are cheap. GFA10 sometimes can be found below 150k since Skele drops them.

8. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Look, there's a reason why I don't finance my efforts with scrolling merchandise for profit. Mostly in that I'm pretty much clueless to the value of things.

9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Understandable. If you have a store can list it for sale.

I’m usually very conservative when it comes to taking risks. So when I “scroll for profit”, there’s actually quite a good chance it does profit.

10. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I suppose the straightforward approach would just be to scroll and list at a rough estimate given an owl search and then drop it by a fixed percentage every time I have to relist it. Then I don't need to worry about the specifics. Does mean it would potentially take a while to sell, though.

Not that it matters much at least right now.

11. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    What I did since I started playing was just listing items of some value (10k and above) for sale. Things like mithril, emerald, Power/DEX Crystal Ores, common equips, perfect stats equips, valuable scrolls.

I would keep 10% scrolls that either dropped from mobs or being sold cheaply, like 20k and below sometimes, just for some fun cheap scrolling.

If I found a lv70-90 weapon that is above average stats, either mob drop or cheap from stores, I would try a 10% before NPC-ing them if they failed. If they do pass, I’ll try a couple of cheap 60%/70% which I’ve also collected overtime. If it turned out decent, could end up selling for 5-10m.

I had a couple of Scarabs that sold for 8-10m with 10%, then passed 4-5x 60%. They dropped from Kid Mannequins where I used to farm very frequently. Conveniently, they drop Claw 10% as well.

I recalled scrolling a perfect clean Kage with Staff 10%, followed by passing 2x30% and 60% the rest. Surprisingly, it managed to sell at 25m.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  12. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 23

So, if the pace hasn't been an immediate indication, grinding out an HB mule is considerably less interesting than any of the rest of the stuff I was doing. Fortunately there's not too much further it needs to go, so let's get back to it so I can get back to leveling what will be my HS mule. Which will then turn to me leveling my self-leeching F/P, which will then turn to actually leveling the character I want to play.

Y'know, when I put it like that, really begs the question of the amount of effort I'm putting into all of this, but honestly I don't have all that much else going on right now that I could be doing otherwise. We'll see if life takes over at some point, but until then, Ariant. Hit level 32 but haven't left yet, since there's two quests to wrap up real quick. Once those are done, I'll go back to Victoria Island and promote to spearman.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:35 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I also made an HB mule but never actually used it. For mage grinding I'd rather use slightly more pots and for bossing I'd rather just wash harder. Kindof a personal preference thing but an HB mule is easily skipped imo.

14. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Well, it's just about wrapped up, and I do see some potential benefit at least at the lower levels (namely for the HS mule, which seems like it'll die if my connection lapses even for a moment in GS), so there's some use in that. Whether it sees any use after that is another matter, but it never hurts to have around.

15. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Considering it doesn't take a tremendous amount of time to create an HB mule, (in my opinion), it sees a return on investment rather quickly. The additional MP when you're mage hasn't finished MP washing is nice. Maybe ~200k/hour saved on pots? I'm not exactly sure. However, from my experience - more important is the extra HP that it gives for maps like ulu2, petris (2 hit and more), where the high level monsters you're farming hit like TRUCKS :)

Also - in my case, I used both my HB and HS mules for storage (max inv. upgrades), owling, and smega-ing. That alone is a nice quality of life to have!

16. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    It can be a pain to grind melee class especially with low mobility. That’s why I scrolled a 16 speed, 6 jump common shoes, with bathrobe for minimum 126+ speed. There’s a bandana that gives up to 4 speed as well. For warriors, there are weapons like broomstick or fish spear that gives up to 6 speed as well.

Or you could wait for GM buff then grind with your cleric in party for the extra exp from HS and mobility from haste.

17. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Heh, no need for that. This should only take... 6 more levels? I think only 6 more levels. I can survive the last little bit of tedium.

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:35 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    farm cash in a alternativa acc and use soccer fever, or buy the candies that give speed/jump from event

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 24

Realize now that apparently power crystals have some value; had 12 sitting around on my I/L. Listed those, then resumed wrapping up the couple final quests in Ariant before promoting this HB mule to spearman.

And stop dying due to not paying attention.

And dying due to my attempts to heal having their input eaten.

Regardless, jobbed up to spearman. Lost some experience along the way but oh well, I should still have no trouble leveling the last bit of the way to max out HB. That's... 9 more levels.

Good news, the mule should now never die. Bad news, the pot cost on this thing just went up a ton. Though at this point I suppose NLC pots would be the most economical (since I did as the guide said and shoved all the AP points into HP; it's not like this character is ever gonna need to kill anything by itself after it hits level 41).

I wonder if at this point it'd be better to pull out the eventual HS mule from GS and just use it to self-leech this HB mule to level 41. Given how utterly unable this mule is to actually kill things in any reasonable amount of time, it's probably faster than to continue the quest guide.

20. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Alright, so plan going forward:

Drag the HS mule out of GS5 so that it can self-leech the HB mule to level 41 on Jr. Wraiths and Wraiths. Easy enough. I'm also annoyed that HB only lasts like 2 and a half minutes, so it seems that there will be a lot of in-and-out of FM to recast the thing. I don't think it'll be getting much use, though, outside of the HS mule, since the F/P will be more properly MP washing by the time MP actually becomes a concern. In the meantime the HB mule will simply become my NLC pot mule, plus storage or whatever the hell else I could use it for.

Then just power through GS until level 70, job advance, and then back to GS until level 81 and I can stop worrying about the HS mule.

Then onto the F/P that'll be doing the actual hard work of making me money.