1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New player with a few questions about endgame

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by blbb, Sep 13, 2023.

1. blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    9:53 PM
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Hi.
    I'm new on this server, but I have played (and still play) other similar servers on an endgame level, and I have a few questions to understand how this server compares and what is the meta.

After looking at the guides, I'm a bit confused.
    Here are my questions:

1) What is the most up to date Buccaneer guide? Preferably one that has all the mechanics and combos in it, explaining how Bucc works on this server exactly, what combo does the best DPS in each situation etc. included endgame scenarios like PB.

2) I'm a very hardcore multimage farmer. What is the meta for it here?
    If I wanted to get rich fast and go through the trouble of making multiple mages, what would be the best approach?
    Should I make mages? Should I make DRKs?
    I'd appreciate some guidance on that.

3) Can I only wash by voting myself? or are APRs tradeable?
    Also, what are the HP thresholds for endgame bosses? I want to understand how much I should wash my Buccaneer.

4) Coming from other server, I'm not sure how to understand the gearing meta here.
    Do attack shoes exist?
    How can I know the max potential WA/stats on each equip? is there a library?
    Is there godly system?

I would be really happy if some of you could give me detailed answers, it will determine whether or not I choose this server as my main one.

Thank you a lot in advance and hope to see you all in game :geek:

2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:53 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hi, I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Here is a Buccaneer guide that is updated to Pink Bean. https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...eers-field-guide-2021-update-pink-bean.34735/

Multimaging exists, however, staff are monitoring it closely and there have been several nerfs the past few patches specifically targeting multimaging to make it less viable. For example, certain maps have been nerfed, and you must move every 5 casts in order for your ultimate to hit. These are just a few examples of it. There were more multimagers in the past, but I don't see as many of them anymore. I'm sure they do exist though. It is not as viable as it was in the past, but people still do it.

Note that I am just a longtime player but I have personally not done any multimaging, there are a lot of journals of folks who do multimage-like strategies and document their journeys in this forum. You should check out the journals here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/maplelegends-journeys.200/

DRKs farming has been a pretty recent phenomena here, and staff have taken steps to directly nerf that as well. I do not think you should be looking into DRKs. You can no longer job advance past level 29 so it is more difficult making high HP roar mules or something (although I'm sure you can read more about it on the forum). You can see the recent roar drop rate nerf in this most recent patch.

You can only vote for APRs. APRs are not purchasable or tradeable. You may get extra during events, such as the summer event right now.

Here are a few resources on that:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-major-bosses-hp-required.41825/

HP Challenges (HP washing alternative) is coming to the server the very next patch (Halloween patch) if you don't want to HP Wash to get more HP. You can read more about it here. https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-challenges-system-hp-wash-alternative.48857/

Facestompers (1-3 watk) do exist on this server but power creep is a lot slower since you can only clear Pink Bean once a week. Therefore the inflow of Facestompers into the server is quite slow, but they do exist now, and there are some good FS in the hands of the players. However, this is very much a luxury item, and clean FS regular go for 2.1bil+ (which is a lot of money here).

Yes, there is a library that is updated almost every patch. You can look it up here: https://maplelegends.com/lib/

Not sure what this means, so we probably don't. We just have regular scrolling, Chaos Scrolls, White Scrolls, and Clean Slate Scrolls.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Great Work x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:53 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    the key to everything is infrastructure so ideally vote on like 15 accounts and make 2-4 bishops on your first round to 120, and 4-8 mages on your second round. buff mules can come afterward and don't rush your attackers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Thank you very much for your detailed response, I appreciate it a lot!

That's very disappointing for me to hear to be fair, having to move every 5 casts sounds like a pain, and would basically force me to go for maps where I constantly get hit.
    To my understanding, multimage farmers mostly farm gacha tickets/nx here right? the main source of income is not NPCing equips?

Thanks for your reply!
    Any benefit to voting on so many accounts? I thought I should only vote on accounts where I need to wash.
    I wouldnt really need to wash my mages right?
    Also, why this excessive amount of mages? I'm used to farming on either 4 mages (1 bishop + 3 F/P) or 6 mages (1 bishop + 5 F/p) set-ups.
    Do I use a looter, or will I have to loot everything on my mages?
    Also, what would be the ideal map(s) to farm with this amount of mages?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Sorry for the double post but I have another important question:
    If I decide to go for 25k+ hp on my bucc, I will need to have 200+ int leveling to 155.
    Does leeching exist here at all? or will I have to actively attack with this amount of int.

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Mages need 30k mp and lots of it is just infrastructure which is important. You can loot however is most efficient for yourself though, no need to carbon copy whichever is popular now.

also idk if any endgame players really main just 1 class anymore so the more the merrier - just avoid hero

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'll add more details to your second question.

2)

multimaging is still a viable means of making meso, but its going to take some effort / practice to learn how to deal with the nerfs. If you go the multimage route, I suggest that you make at least 4x bishops and go from there. Most people can comfortably farm with 4x mages, and the more skilled players can handle 6 or even 8.

Tradeoffs between mages:
    Bishop = best overall choice for farming (also very useful as a mule in bossing if you hp wash it enough), worst choice for leeching (unless funded extremely well)
    Ice lightning = middle ground choice for farming, and middle ground choice for leeching
    fire poison = worst choice for farming, but best choice for leeching

I suggest you make mostly bishops, and maybe 1-2 FP / IL if you want to have some leech options open.

DK is also an option, but it was significantly nerfed as of last patch. We are still trying to figure out to what degree it was nerfed and whether or not it is still worth farming on DK.

Just go straight for 30k hp. I think some of the buccaneer guides have a washing section you can follow. Leeching does exist. I recommend leeching to at least 155.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Much appreciated, the meta here is very different to what I'm used to then.
    I'm very confortable with farming on 6 mages with my PC+laptop set-up currently as this is what I do on a daily basis already.
    So 6 Bishops it is if I go that route.
    I assume I will be usualy looting on my mages and not on a separate looter due to the nerfs?

I just want to have a general idea of what/where to farm honestly.
    What I'm used to is farming equips and NPC meso mostly, which here does not seem to be the meta.
    Are any maps superior? are there any up-to-date posts/guides about possible setups?

I'm not exactly a meta slave but I'm clueless atm so some examples will help me get into it.

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I mean ulu1 is ok on ml as well, but ideally you want a bit of insurance against future balancing changes. If you had 2 bishops, you can be more nimble against balancing

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You can use a loot mule. The looter nerfs only apply to 1k meso bags, so if you are not using meso up it should be okay for the most part.

Current meta maps are ulu1, ulu2, vikerola, ninto, harps, cornian. Some things in ludi might also be viable but this is what people generally farm.

There are not really any guides on multimage setups that are up to date. My meso journal does have some details on setups ive used in the past, but these were before all of the nerfs so everything might not be 100% relevant today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Thank you so much, you have been a huge help!
    I will create all my accounts and start voting, then I will take some time to think if I will fully commit to it.

Thanks everyone! You are an amazing community and you sorted my mess very quickly MapleF14
    If anyone has more input or advice I'd still love to hear more perspectives.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thank you to Akash and fartsy for chiming in!! They are very awesome veteran players who have both done multimaging so I'm glad someone was able to chime in and help lol.

If you do decide to join legends, let us know if you need any more help, we have a beginner fund to help new players and whatnot. Personally I find legends to be quite worthwhile investment because there's no pay 2 win, and no rwt or hackers. I haven't seen a botter or hacker in a very long time. As a result, you know your hard work is yours and so are others as well. :) All people can do to progress here is with their own hard work and time.

Enjoy!! Come try us out right now we have a cute summer event going on.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    Hi,
    I started voting on all my chars today (future Bucc, 6 bishops) and got them all out of maple island.
    Just 2 more specific questions if you guys don't mind.

1) Does every job on this server wash with fresh AP? (+HP -> APR -> -MP +main stat)
    Because i was used to this only being relevant for thieves.
    Will a Bucc need to wash this way?

2) I read the Bucc guide and I decided to aim straight for endgame HP (25k+), but that would require 2.2m-3m NX.
    Does that really mean I will have to vote for about a year and a half before my char is playable?
    Is there a way to speed this up?

14. questionask

questionask Orange Mushroom

May 30, 2021
    2:53 PM
    MP washing is the most efficient method of washing for most classes.

Gain MP pool:
    +MP > APR > -MP > Stat

Gain HP through stale Wash: APR > -MP > +HP

For buccs, you want to gain enough MP pool so that you can use it to fresh wash HP after to get desired HP due to fresh wash gaining significantly more HP than stale wash.

Gain MP pool:
    +MP > APR > -MP > Stat

Gain HP through fresh Wash:
    +HP > APR > -MP > Stat

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    I'm aware of MP washing, was just trying to understand what's the best way to do the HP washing part, which as you said it with fresh AP.
    Thank you!

16. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Someone already answered the other question so I'll answer this one.

Yes - generally you will have to vote for that long on this server. There are no shortcuts. I've known folks voting for years before they got their attacker online.

ML does drop nx coupons in 100/250 nx at a time from mobs. Certain party quests also give NX in the bonus stage (some friends have lv50 mules in lpq to farm nx). Gm events can also give NX. Events will also give you a good amount of APRs such as this current event.

But the majority of your NX will be from voting.

The staff team does realize the vote/time gating is not ideal which is why they are doing a no NX HP washing alternative. Using this method you will have 17,000 HP by level 180, not counting monster book ring plus other sources of HP so you'll likely end up around 18-19k. This method does not require you to put any INT into your character, does not require AP resets and it's not vote gated. You just need to do some quests every 10 levels.

But if you are determined to get 25k HP then yes you will have to do it the old fashioned way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    blbb

blbb Slime

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    blbb
    Buccaneer
    I guess the sane option would be to do a combination of those quests and normal washing then, because I don't think i will be playing if i have to wait over a year to actually experience content...
    Will the NX coupons be visible on my Bucc if I use it as looter while my mages kill mobs, or can you only see them if you kill the mobs by yourself?

18. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I forgot to mention that events also give out AP Resets, this current event is giving out 7 APR a week.

The quests are designed so that you can't do regular washing in conjunction with them. If you are going to do the HP Quests, your character will not be able to reset HP/MP anymore. However you also can only participate in the quests if your HP is below a certain threshold. Essentially once you opt into the quests, you cannot HP Wash anymore on that character.

Your 2 options are as follows:
    • Old school HP washing. Wait 1.5 years to vote and grind for NX. Your bucc will be heavily inted, and do no damage for months. You can get as much HP as you want.
    • New HP challenges questlines. No int, no NX, no waiting. Your bucc will be capped at 17k base HP (HP from equips are fine, you'll likely have more HP). You will not be able to HP wash at all.
    I suggest reading the thread I linked in my first reply, but you can Google "maplelegends HP challenges alpha test" to read more about the system and how it's designed to work.

You can ask other Buccs if 17k HP is enough but the balance team has calculated it so you can do all content in the game by the level you're at. The details and HP thresholds as well as their reasonings are in the Alpha thread.

Edit: yes your other attackers will be able to see the nx drops, it's just a regular item. Your friends might actually yoink it too :) so be careful

• Like Like x 1
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Faster if you multimage and sweep with bucc but not sure. I think 20-25k nx a day is reasonable if you ramp mages up

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Is this including the 500/750 NX card drops? I think Nightz mentioned in discords that they no longer drop as of this patch. So now it's only 100/250 NX cards