1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New player, very intimidated

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by CraftingVeg, Sep 11, 2023.

1. CraftingVeg

CraftingVeg Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2023
    Male
    12:04 AM
    Hey guys!
    So, I'm not new to maple, I still play GMS to this day, and I have known pre-Big Bang Maplestory as a kid. I was never good at it though haha, I was pretty young so I don't think I ever even got past level 40 :facepalm:

I and a friend have decided to go on an Old-school Maplestory adventure because we want to suffer, I guess? No other explanation.
    The thing is, is Maple Legends noob friendly? It seems like everyone knows everything, and everyone is very high level :confused:

Anyhow, I hope to make friends and be part of the community :)
    We haven't started yet, because with our luck we obviously timed this adventure with what seems to be a huge patch, so we'll wait patiently!

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Welcome to the server!
    I can understand that the server might feel a bit intimidating with so many high level players around, however lots of players also love to share their knowledge and help out newer players in ways they can. I highly suggest joining a guild and also the Maplelegends Discord to get more in touch with the community :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't sweat it, most of the high levels here are noobs aswell.

Welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:04 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Welcome!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Rawr.

Did I scare u

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    4:04 PM
    Corsair
    There are lots of guides here on the forum if you ever get lost, though do note that most of them are outdated. Anybody telling you how to play should be taken with a grain of salt. Except for skill builds. Those can be p important. Get max HP/MP skills super early and dont get final attack skills. Everybody is more than willing to help if you just ask. Either on the forum or in the FM. My other advice is to not take shortcuts. Enjoy your journey all the way through. It's good to look forward towards your future, but don't get tunnel vision.

Anyways I hope you like your stay, and I hope you can find your own story. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    3:04 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Welcome to the server! Don't be scared! I'm a very casual player the past few years and I only have 1 main character. I've made lots of friends here and even went to Disneyland with a bunch of them. You'll have a great time. Let me know if you need help finding friends or a guild.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Welcome! Stay a while, you're gonna have a great time. Don't worry about all the details, and advanced guides. Those can come in time. Don't worry about washing. Don't worry about the meta. Sit down, have fun, and if ya end up getting comfy here, you can look back and start playing the meta. Until then, level a character, meet folks, and ask for help - there's no shortage of folks around here, especially in #questions on the Discord that are happy to help you on your adventure.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    CraftingVeg

CraftingVeg Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2023
    Male
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyways, thank you so much everyone for the kind words and warm welcome :0
    I appreciate all the advice :) Once the patch is done, I'll just play and have fun, and worry about everything else later!
    I'll also join the Discord, and search for a guild asap! :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:04 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Firstly, welcome! Now, some advice: don't be intimidated, ok, I know that talking is easier, but I'll use myself as an example, since I was lv 20 and joined a Brazilian guild, I told tofo from the guild, that I knew what to do, that I was going to be a high level, that I was going to return the help I received, and that I was going to make content together with them, said and done, I made all possible content alongside my friends , and my job brother Linny (who also helped me in the beginning)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    I’ll be your friend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Norppa

Norppa Slime

Sep 7, 2023
    Female
    USA
    norppa
    I/L Wizard
    Hi! I'm kinda on the same boat lol, I remember the highest level I got to was 35 so I could wield a whip, and my ability points were not catered to my class. (I literally thought putting points in 'int' made me smart... MapleF12)
    So far I haven't had any issues asking people about stuff. I also search the Discord a lot to see if my question has already been asked.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    3:04 PM
    Welcome CraftingVegCraftingVeg and NorppaNorppa. Many people are happy and willing to help beginners, so don't be shy.

I agree with HimeHamHimeHam and KrythanKrythan . Look at general guides for your character to ensure you're not messing up on stat distributions and skill points. But for now, that's really the only thing you should be worried about imho. Don't worry about washing or any technical guides. This server is one of the more beginner-friendly servers, and they have made many changes to ensure that beginners aren't left out (HP Challenges to make washing generally optional, QoL changes, etc).

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    CraftingVeg

CraftingVeg Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2023
    Male
    Thank you so much to everyone :)
    I do feel very welcomed, I appreciate it!

If anyone new or otherwise wants to hang out at any point, don't hesitate! My IGN is SuperVegeto ^-^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Love the IGN, welcome !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Don't listen to all these people. Be very intimidated!!! I am too, all the time