1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leisure Journey of Refinements

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Oct 10, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    11:20 AM
    Hey! I took breaks everyday from this dumbass game and go to work ya? I’ve got family to feed too. No entry for tomorrow.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    12:20 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Two passes away to 32wa now, just gotta css and try again

3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    There's nothing else planned. 2 months+ for the gacha pulls and dagger crafting. Nightghost farm was a bonus. Just waiting to sell my gacha stuff.

Now we wait for the big snowman to give gift boxes during the Christmas event.

4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Too high value to risk CSS. Selling it for meso can get me a few more to try.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey! It's me. This entry is for Dami. To be fair, I did take a break from farming.

ljr68-1.png

Anyway, I sold all my Brown Work Gloves and many of the valuable scrolls as well, so I went on another round of scrolling Dragon Khanjars.

ljr68-2.png

This time, I managed to make two 23wa 5-slots, which both passed 2x30% scrolls, blowing up 5 other clean perfect (17wa 3luk) Dragon Khanjars in the process. From then on, it's 70% scrolls, potentially making 33wa if the remaining 5 slots pass.

ljr68-3.png

I took turns to scroll both of them, where I had to use CSS20 for 2 instances due to failure and fortunate enough not to get destroyed.
    Very luckily, both times passed CSS20 on the first try and successfully recovered the slots. MapleF5

ljr68-4.png

After some stomach-turning inside-out experiences, I ended with a 3-slots 27wa and a 2-slots 29wa. SlimeSealed

Knowing how extremely lucky I was to be in this position, considering I've spent only about 400 mil into making these two and the previous 30wa, I decided not to risk anymore. I could sell the 3-slots 27wa and 30wa for coins and consider using them to WS60 on the 2-slots 29wa, which will result in wa33, hopefully within three attempts. angelmush

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    5:20 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    THERE IT IS THANK YOU U KEEP MAKING ME WAKU WAKU!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr69-2.png

After selling the 30wa Dragon Khanjar for 98 coins + 6.4 mil meso, I decided to go for it.

3x WS60. SlimeShocked

ljr69-1.png

Accounting the above sale, I spent about 1.07 bil equivalent to make this, and still have a 3-slots 27wa unsold.
    I also have the 30wa that I was using open up for sale now, which can cover back a good chunk of the expenditure.

ljr69-4.png

Stats before and after without event items:

ljr69-3.png

What's left now is a dagger upgrade, for which I currently have 2.1 bil meso and 141 coins to spend.
    With the inclusion of the Dragon Khanjars above, I estimate a total of 1k coins equivalent, probably enough for up to a 133wa dagger if one happens to go for sale.

I may also consider getting MW20 for my Shadower.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
  8. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    5:20 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    THE BREAK KEEPS BREAKING IM SO HYPED GZ ON UR 33 WA THING

LETS FCKING GOOO

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey! Today, I've got some new original content.

After the disappointing results from dagger crafting and scrolling, I've decided to give it another shot. So, back to farming the materials—specifically, Dragon Spirits, Dragon Scales, and Power Crystal Ores.

ljr70-1.png

ljr70-2.png

Instead of the usual Skele and DGP, this time I'm exploring a new map: never before farmed, the Blue Dragon Turtles at Leafre: Entrance to Dragon Forest.

ljr70-3.png

These mobs drop all three of the mentioned materials. Additionally, they drop the somewhat valuable Shield for Weapon Att 70% scrolls, which go for around 4-5 mil meso each.

ljr70-4.png

There's also a small number of Red Dragon Turtles dropping a valuable Overall for Str 30% scrolls that can fetch over 8 mil meso each, although I expect it to be an extremely rare drop.

Here are the results from the first 60 minutes of farming, which seem to be quite positive.

60 mins with Bishop + Shadower at Leafre: Entrance to Dragon Forest:
    Common drops:
    2.85 mil raw meso
    1.32 mil meso from drops
    46 Dragon Spirits ~460k
    41 Dragon Scales ~2.66 mil
    29 Power Crystal Ores ~1.01 mil
    84 Power Elixirs ~588k
    Total Meso: 8.88 mil -> 8.88 mil/hr
    Uncommon drops:
    1 Battleship Torpedo 30
    1 Shield WA 70%
    Gachas:
    6 Commons​

ljr70-7.png

Just looking at the drops that are more consistent, they are yielding close to 9 mil/hr, enough reason to give it another go.

ljr70-5.png

While the rate of equipment drops may not seem to be the best, the quantity of materials they drop and Power Elixirs make up for it.

ljr70-6.png

I'm not sure how common the scroll drops are, but near the end of the hour, I managed to get a Shield WA 70%, greatly boosting the theocratical earnings to over 12 mil/hr for the session, similar to what I would get in DGP. I'm definitely going to try out a few more sessions and see how it goes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Are you excited for another Dragon Turtles farming results? Because I certainly am! Here's another hour of farm.

ljr71-1.png

Common drops:
    2.91 mil raw meso
    4.17 mil meso from drops
    22 Dragon Spirits ~220k
    23 Dragon Scales ~1.49 mil
    40 Power Crystal Ores ~1.4 mil
    104 Power Elixirs ~728k
    Total Meso: 11.44 mil -> 11.44 mil/hr
    Uncommon drops:
    1 Shield WA 70%
    Gachas:
    5 Commons
    1 Rare​

ljr71-2.png

Not sure if I'm lucky this time or unlucky previously, but there is a noticeable increase in equip drops this session.

However, Dragon Spirits and Scales saw a considerable decrease in drops while Power Crystal Ores increased. The earning calculation I use for Dragon Spirits is a modest 10k each, but they do sell sometimes at 20k. Dragon Scales are at 65k, and they can go as high as 80k. Power Crystal Ores would be 35k each.

Either way, the equip drops have contributed significantly, increasing earnings to 11.44 mil/hr from the previous 8.88 mil/hr. I've also obtained another Shield WA 70% scroll drop within the hour, pumping up the potential earnings past 15 mil/hr for this session. The results have remained very positive so far, so I suppose there's more to come.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey peeps! Do you know about those reserved posts after the opening post that never get any updates forever? Well, not for me!

I have consolidated some information across the journal neatly in that post for you to enjoy.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Back with the 3rd one hour session of Dragon Turtles with similarly decent results.

ljr72-1.png

Common drops:
    2.95 mil raw meso
    4.07 mil meso from drops
    35 Dragon Spirits ~350k
    40 Power Crystal Ores ~1.4 mil
    101 Power Elixirs ~707k
    Total Meso: 12.13 mil -> 12.13 mil/hr​

Uncommon drops:
    1 Shield WA 70%
    Gachas:
    5 Commons
    1 Rare​

ljr72-2.png

It seems like the Shield WA 70% scroll is dropping within an hour on average so far. Hopefully, this is consistent enough to be counted as a common drop, contributing to the expected earnings of up to about 16 mil/hr. Even without the scroll drop, it still yields a consistently respectable amount.

The materials are dropping pretty decently as well. With spirits, scales, and ores at the current rate, plus a top-up of 900k to fill in for the remaining, I’d be able to craft 1.5 daggers per hour.

I was skeptical about farming in this area at first, but it turned out to be rather good, mainly due to how well the Bishop + Shadower combo can cover a significant portion of the map and maintain healthy spawn counts for each other. This makes me wonder if there are more maps that can potentially yield similar results.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Managed to earn a bit of pocket money today, plus a little extra treat, hehe.

ljr73-5.png

ljr73-2.png

ljr73-3.png

In case you're wondering about the different font face, it's because I was using a Linux machine for the trade during work.

Anyway, back to another hour of Dragon Turtles, nothing too fancy.

ljr73-1.png

Common drops:
    3.15 mil raw meso
    3.24 mil meso from drops
    41 Dragon Spirits ~410k
    26 Power Crystal Ores ~910k
    93 Power Elixirs ~651k
    Total Meso: 11.02 mil -> 11.02 mil/hr​

Uncommon drops:
    1 Shield WA 70%​

Gachas:
    6 Commons
    1 Rare
    ljr73-4.png

Perhaps I'll set my sights on crafting another 50 daggers, hoping for better results this time.

Also, I pulled all my gachas, 26 commons and 6 rares:

ljr73-8.png

ljr73-6.png

ljr73-7.png

Notable pulls:

OA Luk 30%
    Gloves MA 70%
    OA Str 30%
    Helmet Dex 30%
    Topwear Str 30%
    Bottomwear Dex 70%
    Face Avo 70%
    Dagger Att 30%​

That's about it—just another daily one-hour farming session. See ya!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I had initially uploaded the pictures and saved the post on my laptop, but when I tried accessing them from my phone, it appeared empty. I'll update the images when I'm home, so you'll have to take my word for it now.

Updated with image:
    ljr74-2.png

After careful consideration, I decided to 30% my 27wa 3-slots Dragon Khanjar for a chance to 34wa. Unfortunately, it didn't go well, resulting in the item's destruction. Despite being saddened with the significant potential loss of coins, I thought it was worth the attempt.

Beyond a certain point, obtaining higher-tier items becomes exceedingly difficult. Wealth alone may not secure them, as few are willing to take the necessary risks. This, combined with the difficulty in scrolling such items and limited supplies, poses a challenge. One could say not taking a risk is a risk in itself.

ljr74-1.png

However, this unfortunate event led me to discover a 9wa 2-slots Pink Gaia Cape priced at 1.55bil meso in a store. I believe its value exceeds that price, considering a slotless 9wa is estimated to be worth around 1.2-1.4bil. I'll attempt to sell it for 600-700 coins, and if it doesn't sell, I may resort to a parting Chaos Scroll. The outcome will influence whether I continue playing this dumbass game or taking a break for real, depending on a positive or negative result. smilemush

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr75-1.png

Based on history, my luck should be on an upward trend following the dip. So, I decided to take this opportunity to attempt to achieve one of my goals: scrolling a 15 Str, 6 Dex, 2 Luk Green Pirate Blouse. What's the point of collecting them and not doing anything mi right?

ljr75-2.png

Luckily enough, out of the 9 blouses that I have, the 8th one, with 1x30% + 6x70%, succeeded!

While this doesn't make economical sense, as I'm better off scrolling it with Luk instead of the unconventional Str stats, making it almost worthless in terms of meso value that almost no one would want to make it. However, this is exactly what makes it priceless and sentimental to me, especially for the way I'm building my character.

If you had followed one of my other journals, you'd know that I have been trying to hunt for perfect 6/2 blouses and scrolling for months, and I finally succeeded! Thanks to the failure of the Dragon Khanjar, which kinda gave me a push on this, since the failure of the blouse, in comparison with the shield, would've been relatively small and wouldn't be able to wound me significantly more.

ljr75-3.png

With that, I have decided to also try trading the 9wa 2-slots cape for something else that could provide an upgrade for me, such as a 10wa cape, 15-16wa gloves, or a 131-132wa dagger. CS-ing the cape would be considered an unnecessary risk compared to the case of the Dragon Khanjar, where I was pretty close to making something very uncommon in the market, thus worth taking the risk.

I am proud to have finally achieved this goal. :woot:
    ☑ 15 STR, 6 DEX, 2 LUK Green Pirate Blouse

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I successfully traded my 9wa 2-slots cape along with 25 coins for a 16wa Brown Work Gloves! SlimeShocked

ljr76-1.png

This means an upgrade from 13wa-ish to a 16wa, and I'm absolutely thrilled about it! The amount spent was about 1.635 bil meso, roughly equivalent to what I might spend on a 131wa dagger. However, the versatility of a common attack gloves makes them more valuable at this point, as they can be used by all physical attacker classes, thus easier to find potential buyers and to trade as well should I want to.

I actually had a similar experience with another cape, which resulted in an upgrade from a 7wa cape to a 9wa by making a trade with an 8wa 2-slots cape that I had acquired below its market value.

Regarding the 12wa Blue Anelin I've made not too long ago, I will be keeping it as a trophy, much like my recent Green Pirate Blouse.

Currently, my resources stand at 477 mil meso and 222 Prestigious Coins, prompting me to aim for a replenishment back to 2 bil meso. While doing so, I'll continue to gather materials for crafting daggers, ensuring a sustained source of motivation for the foreseeable future. MapleF5

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I forgot to show the updated stats in the previous post, so here they are.

[​IMG]

Previous stats for Dragon Khanjar before and after upgrade.

New stats after equipping the 16wa Brown Work Gloves without event items. I've leveled up once since the last shown stats.

ljr76-2.png

I might post an overview and evaluation of all my gears when I'm free, considering the numerous upgrades since the beginning of this refinement journey.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  18. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey! Here's a list of all the current equipment I'm wearing, along with an estimation of each item's value or the estimated cost to acquire.

Untradeables

untradeables.png
    Ravana Helmet - 25 p-coins
    Horntail Necklace - 15 p-coins
    Ellin Savior's Ring - N/A
    Monster Book Ring <Tier 10> - N/A

Accessories
    accessories.png
    Spectrum Goggles - 370 p-coins
    Element Pierce - 220 p-coins
    Sad Mask - 210 p-coins
    Pink Gaia Cape - 400 p-coins

Clothing
    clothing.png
    Blue Mystique - 20 p-coins
    Green Pirate Skirt - 90 p-coins
    Brown Work Gloves - 700 p-coins
    Purple Osfa Boots - 200 p-coins

Weapons
    weapons.png
    Dragon Kanzir - 350 p-coins
    Dragon Khanjar - 500 p-coins

Total - 3,100 p-coins => ~9,920 mil meso

Amassing nearly 10 bil worth of items is not something I imagined achieving, but after three years of casual playing, this is what I have.
    Needless to say, I'm extremely happy and wasn't expecting myself to reach this far since I started playing, although I'm still quite a distance away from the 40 White Scrolls' worth of gears that all other players have.

Stats
    stats.png

Total Weapon Attack - 187

I'm aiming for a total weapon attack of 190, and I will probably stop pursuing upgrades for a long time as subsequent upgrades will be very expensive to achieve.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Today, I want to experience some pain, so what's better than failing a few scrolls? What's the point of collecting these and not doing anything mi right?

ljr77-1.png

This time, I have more skirts to work with, specifically 15 perfect 4/2 Green Pirate Skirts. It's one of my goals to make a 19 Dex 2 Luk skirt, which means passing 1x30% and 6x70%.

ljr77-2.png

After failing 9x30%, the 10th attempt finally succeeded—urghh, wuuu... this is what I'm talking about... OnionPanicky

ljr77-7.png

Doesn't seem like I have much chance to achieve my goal this time. Passing the first 30% is just the beginning. The process of passing the next 6 slots with 70% scrolls is one of the cruelest experiences this game can give you.

ljr77-3.png

OnionGhost

ljr77-4.png

[​IMG]

OnionCrazy
    ljr77-5.png

☑ 19 DEX, 2 LUK Green Pirate Skirt OnionBlush

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7