1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leisure Journey of Refinements

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:30 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:30 PM
    Unlikely I'll stream. MapleF1

I’ll see if I can come out with something else instead, but no guarantees!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Here's an update on doll and peel sales. I try to farm for at least 30 minutes daily to restock, for the best time to meso returns.

ljr45-1.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    9,277 Banana Peels
    14,869 Monkey Dolls
    22 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 218,848,500
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 18,720,000
    PCoins Earned: 5

ljr45-2.png

Also did some Ravana runs, but no pouches dropped. I lost count of how many runs I did because they were so underwhelming that I didn't bother keeping track anymore.

The card collection challenge aligns better with my gaming routine, allowing me to come and go as needed and uses only a single client. Hope I can find some time to do long farming sessions over the weekends.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hi! Long time no see!

Welcome to my dolls and peels journal! Sales have been fantastic, and I'm actually struggling to restock them. It might be because the first few batches of buyers are starting to run out, but I do see some new buyers as well.

ljr46-1.png

ljr46-2.png

ljr46-3.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    17,049 Banana Peels
    29,724 Monkey Dolls
    42 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 439,461,750
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 34,320,000

All the earnings displayed are after tax, and although there's pot meso as well, they are already covered by meso and equip drops from mobs. I've been selling perfect 88wa Red Katanas for 5 mil meso each, so overall earnings are actually a bit more.

My store has been standing for about 20 days in total since the announcement of the Halloween event, which is when I started selling dolls and peels. They have fetched close to 500 mil worth of meso, averaging 24.4 mil per day. Now, on average, I'm able to farm about 2.5k dolls and 3k peels per hour. The sales of dolls to peels are about a 1.74 to 1 ratio. So, if I were to translate that into the average meso/hr based on the sale ratio and farming rate, I would be farming 1,690 dolls and 971 peels per hour, which is about 26.6 mil meso/hr, selling them at 10k meso each.

I plan to resume my other farming routine after the event, anticipating a drop in demand for dolls and peels. Currently, the business is carrying my refinement journal with about 1 hour of daily farming on average. The rest of the time is spent on the card collection challenge while waiting for the sales of my items.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    After a long period of farming, I've finally decided to attempt some upgrades.

Seeing how Gloves for Att 30% scrolls has dropped in price from 30 mil meso each pre-event to as low as 18 mil currently, I decided to use this opportunity to scroll my 12wa Blue Anelin.

ljr47-1.png

Having tested millions of loops of simulations, the average attempts needed to pass two 30% in a row are somewhere around 11, +/-3. So I was very lucky!

I prepared a bunch of 6wa 2-slots gloves, hoping they would be enough, and much to my surprise, I succeeded using only 4 scrolls, which cost me around 73.2 mil meso.

ljr47-2.png

This gloves has an attack equivalent to 13-ish, which would cost about 250 mil meso on a Brown Work Gloves. Definitely great value in my case, and I'm stoked. MapleF14

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    4:30 AM
    Thank you for your service after we burned Ainz out with our orders

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    12:30 PM
    wow great work kiwi

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Thank you for your continuous support.

I actually started selling dolls and peels late last year, pricing them at 12k and 6k meso each, undercutting the market price of 15k and 7.5k meso each. While some sales occurred, a significant portion was bought by other dolls and peels sellers. At that time, using a single character to farm was tedious with an abysmal farm rate, and it wasn't rewarding. I stopped as there were better things I could do with my time.

Now, after testing the limits of my farm rate with two mages, I made some strategic decisions to sell both dolls and peels at 10k each. Though seemingly counterintuitive to price peels above the market price, there weren't many peels in the market compared to dolls. Many players farm their own peels, making selling peels not as attractive due to lower demand and not worth the time if priced lower than 7.5k each.

There are mainly two kinds of buyers: one buys dolls and farms their own peels, the other buys both dolls and peels. Both buyers can accept my price point. Dolls-only buyers get 66.66% of the market price, and dolls and peels buyers still enjoy 88.88% overall. Due to the lower supply of peels in the market, anything cheaper than 10k sells quickly. With my new farming rate, it's not wise for other dolls sellers to clear my stock.

A big part of my motivation comes from the sales of peels, helping maintain the price of dolls. Any lower for dolls, and I might not be as motivated to farm them anymore. Despite thinking I was being greedy, many players appreciate the effort, a pleasant surprise. It got me thinking that true return value isn't just the meso earned with respect to time but also the enjoyment. A player might engage in an activity with lesser meso gain but more enjoyment, making the overall value worthwhile. It's the same for buyers, saving time farming ETCs for Ravana to enjoy other content, especially for those with multiple characters. While farming ETCs might not be the most exciting for me, the returns justify it. I spend less time farming but get more meso in return compared to previous routines, giving me more time to enjoy the aspects I love.

Hehe, now for another dolls and peels sales update!

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    19,984 Banana Peels
    33,747 Monkey Dolls
    46 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 507,302,250
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 37,440,000

The ETC sales alone exceeded the 500 mil sale price! The returns have surpassed my expectations, and I'm thrilled, even if it's only during the event.

Once again, thank you all for the support, with a special shoutout to AinzAinz for inspiring me in this direction, even though I shamelessly borrowed his texts for my Discord advertising, and his forum suggestions on Ravana entry requirements definitely played a part as well.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    While the server is undergoing maintenance, I'd like to provide a status update and outline my plans moving forward. Despite dedicating more time to the Card Collection Challenge, my refinement journey hasn't slowed down significantly.

ljr48-2.png

During the event, I made it a point to do two runs of Ravana daily, even though the rewards were subpar, taking around 18-20 minutes each day. Additionally, I farmed Monkey Dolls and Banana Peels just enough to keep the store stocked.

ljr48-1.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    23,861 Banana Peels
    40,777 Monkey Dolls
    50 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 613,645,500
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 40,560,000

In total, the earnings from the sale of dolls, peels, and Sunbursts amounted to about 670 mil meso over the 24 days the store was open, averaging around 27.91 mil per day. The sales ratio of peels to dolls is approximately 1 to 1.7. Considering the selling price of 10k meso each and my average farming rate of 3k peels and 2.5k dolls per hour respectively, this translates to about 26.85 mil meso per hour, requiring just slightly over an hour of farming daily on average.

Now, an update on my wealth goal: Since my focus was on farming Ravana ETCs, which only drop rare gachas for some reasons, there hasn't been a significant increase in my overall gacha count. I did make about 100 mil of "investment" and am waiting to liquidate them for around 160-200 mil.

Wealth Status (/ goal):
    1,600 mil meso (/ 2,000 mil) - 80%
    134 Prestigious Coins (/ 1,000 pc) - 13.4%
    148 Common Gachapon (/ 250 gach) - 59.2%
    34 Rare Gachapon

My next priority is farming Power Crystal Ores to craft those 50 daggers and collecting 250 common gachas for conversion into meso, which I aim to accomplish within the next 4 weeks.

Also, I've decided not to do anything special for the 250 common gacha pulls and will just pull them at my own leisure because I'm too lazy to come up with anything for it. I'll disappoint you now so you don't anticipate anything.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I'm finally resuming my refinement journey full-time again.

ljr49-1.png

I couldn't pass on the lucrative dolls and peels business, so I farmed some to restock my store before proceeding with my daily Ravana runs.

ljr49-2.png

The drop rate has returned to a normal rate, getting 3 out of 6 pouch drops so far after the end of the "increased drop rate" period.

ljr49-3.png

Although the pouches opened to below-average coins, it's still better than having no pouch at all!

ljr49-4.png

I wasted some of my farming time on the Thanksgiving Event, wanting to see what I would get from the daily quests—nothing too fancy, which is good so that I can focus on farming for the rest of the event.

In order to achieve 250 common gachas within the next 4 weeks, I'll need to farm about 4 common gachas daily, which I'll try to do just about every day.

ljr49-6.png

Tonight, I managed to farm 4 common gachas under an hour and decided to call it a night while still getting a good amount of equipment drops.

ljr49-7.png

If I recall correctly, I'll need to spend about 40 hours more farming at Dual Ghost Pirates to get the remaining Power Crystal Ores needed to craft 50 daggers.
    This averages to about 85 minutes of daily farming for the next 4 weeks.

ljr49-5.png

Aiming to achieve them by Christmas, considering them as gifts prepared for myself. santamush:gift1::gift2:MapleF14

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  11. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr50-1.png

Went through my usual routine of stocking up dolls. The sales have definitely dropped a little post-Halloween event, but it’s still very decent and aligns more with my limited-time play routine, making it easier to keep up with the stocks.

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    24,711 Banana Peels
    45,027 Monkey Dolls
    50 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 663,370,500
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 40,560,000

ljr50-2.png

Also, some Ravana runs, so far dropping pouches 5/10 post-event, which is about the rate I was getting pouches pre-event.

ljr50-3.png

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, and I was getting lucky, but we’ll see for the next few weeks.

ljr50-4.png

Then I did some shopping, getting occasional good deals. We all know the owl is actually vote to win, and HP washing being optional is fake. And also, new players is a myth. It’s just players using them as an excuse in an attempt to change things to their favor. I know I’ve already said it before, but I’ll say it again.

ljr50-5.png

Onto my DGP hunt, I managed to get a 4/3 Red Pirate Boots early into the farm. The last one I got was sold for 7 mil meso.

ljr50-6.png

Also, getting 4 common gachas per day is actually incredibly hard, given I only farm 30 minutes to an hour a day, which is also less than the expected 85 minutes per day for Power Crystal Ores. I could always purchase the ores, but gacha drops might prove challenging at this point. Wonder if I should include the rare gachas into the pool as well.

Wealth Status (/ goal):
    1,816 mil meso (/ 2,000 mil) - 90.8%
    143 Prestigious Coins (/ 1,000 pc) - 14.3%
    154 Common Gachapon (/ 250 gach) - 61.6%
    37 Rare Gachapon

I am close to replenishing my meso reserve to 2 bil finally, largely thanks to the dolls and peels, and occasional merching. I would say the distribution of earnings from Ravana ETCs/runs, DGP, and merching to be about 70%, 15%, 15%, since I haven't been farming DGP for quite a while since the start of the Halloween event. Once I have 2 bil stored aside, the meso I earn moving forward will be used to purchase materials for scrolling projects.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hi, do you like graph?

FM Challenge Meso Balance Over 2 Months.png

Also added it to the first entry of FM Challenge Journal.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:30 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    What an AMAZING chart!! Surprised at how quickly you came back from some of those gambles / losses.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Thanks! They were mostly calculated risks. There are bound to be losses, but mathematically, they lean towards positive gains.

The dips in the graph usually represent investments. Downward trends signify losses, but due to a particular scrolling technique I adopt, they don't go down drastically, preventing significant losses in the initial scrolling phase. I also limit the amount I spend on gambling, typically a percentage of my total, so the graph usually doesn't dip beyond a certain amount I set. The spike up towards the end represents me liquidating my investments.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr51-1.png

ljr51-2.png

ljr51-3.png

Been fortunate with 4/3 Red Pirate Boots drops in the last few DGP sessions, totaling three, and sold two at 7mil meso each.

ljr51-5.png

About 24 more days to Christmas, and I'm 159 common gacha in. Reaching 250 would require an average of 3.8 gachas per day.

ljr51-7.png

Dolls and peels sales dropped by about 25%, but still pretty decent, averaging close to 20mil per day with less than 1 hour of effort daily.

ljr51-8.png

Leveled up to 162, 1 more level, and I’ll be 5 levels below Vergamot/Bergamot, which I would likely take 2 hours or so to solo. Maybe I’ll find some time to go for a trial run and die.

ljr51-6.png

Stocking up some Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie, which could be useful in any future boss runs if I ever attempt any. The three bosses I'm looking at to try one day are Zakum, Scarlion, and Bergamot, hopefully to achieve in 2024.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr52-1.png

Saw a Discord buying thread looking for Blue Pria and Green Enigma.

ljr52-2.png

For a change of pace, I decided to take up the challenge to hunt for them at Phantom Watch.

ljr52-3.png

Conveniently, I thought I could also hunt some cards for my Bishop as well.

The drop rate of equips wasn't as good as Dual Ghost Pirate, mainly due to the map layout being more spread out, and I have to 2-hit them. There isn't any spot worth Bishop spamming Genesis at, so I hunt the map solo with Shadower.

Previously, I have already sold the same buyer a Purple Enigma at 500k meso. I made up a price scheme where I'll charge the item based on the sequence of its drop, specifically a 100k increment for every subsequent drop. However, the first 5 drops will always be at least 500k so I get to earn something at least if they drop early into the session.

ljr52-7.png

Anyway, after some random sessions of hunting throughout the day, Blue Pria was the 21st drop, and not far from it, Green Enigma dropped on the 26th.

ljr52-6.png

It was actually a fun activity, and I was excited when the equips finally dropped. Even if the player decides not to buy them, I’m totally fine with it. Also, this pricing scheme has given me some fun ideas I would like to explore.

Attached Files:

17. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Just a little update as I won't be playing on Sunday. I'm still about 1,510 Power Crystal Ores away from my goal, which I think I will purchase the remaining once I've gotten 250 common gachas.

ljr53-1.png

Wealth Status (/ goal):

1,939 mil meso (/ 2,000 mil) - 96.95%
    146 Prestigious Coins (/ 1,000 pc) - 14.6%
    175 Common Gachapon (/ 250 gach) - 70%
    39 Rare Gachapon

Just 61 mil away from 2 bil, very close!

Meso earned from then on will either be spent or converted into Prestigious Coins towards my 1k coins goal. Maybe I'll start including more minor bosses from time to time to get more coins, will see how it goes.

I am thinking some sort of mini-game where my equip inventory slots will be the game board.

Players will bet on an equip before the drops from my farming sessions fill up the 4 by 6 slots. We will find certain patterns formed by the equips, and players can win prizes based on those patterns.

ljr53-2.png

For example, if the equip you bet on ends up having 4 of a kind, you win a minor prize, followed by a major prize if the 4 pieces happen to form a row.

ljr53-3.png

If the piece you bet on is part of a set that forms a certain pattern, you win some sort of prizes as well. I only show two example sets above but weapons and accessories definitely can be part of a set as well.

Of course, players will have to pay for the bet which contributes into the prize pool; I'm not giving out prizes straight from my earnings!

Just sharing some wild ideas, doesn't mean it's going to happen ayee?! Good night.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    1:30 PM
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    This probably needs some sort of recording to have evidence. Otherwise you could just drag equip to avoid certain patterns. MapleF12

19. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Avoiding patterns might be effortless for me; getting 4 of an equip in 24 drops is already quite challenging due to the large pool of equips, and that's only for a minor prize. This in itself is already a scam. MapleF3

Anyway, it's too much of a hassle to do all of these; I'm not going to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Didn't get to play for long hours on Sunday unfortunately.

ljr54-1.png

Did my daily 2 Ravana runs and got 2 pouch drops!

ljr54-2.png

Also, opened up to above-average coins, which I'm very happy about. So far, exactly a 50% pouch drop rate of 8/16 post-Halloween event.

I've also decided to hunt for certain equips requested by the same player who purchased some uncommon equips that I've gotten for them previously.

ljr54-3.png

This time, it's the Purple Galaxy and Blue Canal Hood. Purple Galaxy drops from Kid Mannequins, where I picked to hunt for due to them having decent drops in general, so I could at least farm something at the same time. It didn't take long for the hat to drop, 2nd drop, in fact, which I charged 500k meso.

ljr54-4.png

Blue Canal Hood seemed very challenging to farm for as the mobs that drop it are Oblivion Monk, which has crappy drops in general, and Overlord from Neo Tokyo. I chose to farm Overlord as Afterlord in the same map has Dragon Khanjar in its item pool, which I hope I'd get lucky with.

ljr54-5.png

Less than 30 minutes into the hunt, a Blue Canal Hood dropped, which the requester gladly paid 5mil meso for. Ended up not taking long to fulfill the requests, and the player was extremely happy about it.

ljr54-6.png

With the remaining time before I rest for the night, I farmed some Dual Ghost Pirates and managed to complete a "full game board," displayed on the right before it was reorganized. It was close but definitely not easy to get 4 of a kind in 24 drops.

I'm about 40 mil away from 2 bil, which I will probably achieve within the next 2 days. Am very excited about it. joymush

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1