1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Level together or self leech later?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by AliasIsJay, Feb 11, 2024.

Level them together or only one then self leech?

1. Level Together

46.7%
  2. Only one then self leech

53.3%
  1. AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:56 PM
    Assassin
    Hey yall, Im a returning player from the days when Gachapon tickets were still in the Cash Shop. I've been on for about a week or two and Im trying to find the best way to create an end game NL. I dont have the NX saved up at all so I have all the time in the world to fill so Im following a guide I found here on the forums, it's Akashsky's "Guide to efficiently leveling high base int chars with zero starting funding." Im following it because of my goals for the NL, filling the time, and creating both assisting characters and income.

Through multiclienting, the guide is telling me to make 2 characters and level them up together (I/L and Priest). Theyre both still at level 33 and Im too broke to afford buying leech (plus I want to do it in the most efficient manner so Im waiting till level 65ish before I start thinking about it). My main question here is, should I keep leveling both of them together or should I level whichever one would be a better leecher then self leech the other one?

If I do level only one first, which one should it be and at what level/point should I start leeching the other one?

2. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    7:56 AM
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    If you decide to do one I would recommend priest/Bishop first because hs will allow you and your other characters to level faster. Genesis is also more cost efficient since it uses less mp.

3. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    Im thinking the same but i dont know yet, just because of what i hear about them being a bit expensive to have them be efficient leechers (the whole 1hit leeching thing).

4. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    2:56 PM
    They will both end up quite expensive because of the int gear you'll need.Also you should start mp washing around level 70-90 in order to save pots later on.

5. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    There are a few ways you can go about this. And none of them are right or wrong.

I'd generally recommend making a bishop first (120+). That'll open up a lot of options in regards to bossing, selling leech, and leveling future characters.

Alternatively, you could level the priest and I/L at the same time. Stopping the priest at 81, and using it as an HS mule for a while. This lets you level up the I/L faster, and let's you sell high level leech sooner. Better for reaching high levels faster, but not as good as a bishop for low level leech.

Part of the question is also what else do you want to do?

Since it'll be a LONG time before that NL is boss-ready, ask yourself what you're gonna do in the meantime. Make a low-wash attacker? Make something like an SE mule that you can play now, and will help your NL in the future, etc.

What else you're gonna do in the meantime will be a big factor in next best steps.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin

I think I'll make a Hero or Shadower as the attacker if I finish everything else and perhaps even the SE mule. I dont want to have to wash anyone but that NL in the future so I'll pick an easy low wash/ washless attacker like those two. What HP would you say I need to do basic early bosses?

7. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    For the early bosses (pap, ravana, zakum, etc), you don't need to wash. Pretty much any HP will do fine.

Generally my advice is:

Aim for 30k on an attacker. If you don't want to do 30k, aim for 18,750 HP, as that's 30k w/ Hyper Body. If you don't want to do that, just do the upcoming HP challenges system!

8. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    The 30k is the NL im talking about, hence the waiting to store up the NX. I dont want to wash or get into that whole thing until then so thats why im thinking of Shad/Hero out of what everyone tells me about them not needing much washing or at all.

9. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    For sure.

Warriors mage good low-NX attackers. Shads can also get away with lower HP thanks to meso guard.

Note - It's actually pretty easy to wash a Hero (or any fighter) to 30k.

It's about 1/8 the NX cost compared to a 30k NL, so worth considering.

But, if you're not planning to do end-game bosses on these characters, then don't worry about it.

10. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    Ah alright then, I saw the chart that either you or smn else made about the costs in one of the forums, I'll give it a better look and decide on one. Thank you for the advice man, gotta love this community<3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    For sure. And for your first attacker, just roll with whatever you think you'll enjoy. If it's a hard character to wash, then do HP Challenges and they'll be gtg for 90% of the content. Whichever you're feeling. Even making a first unwashed NL, then passing the gear to a future NL is a valid option. and/or play 2x NLs at once :)

I'd advocate for making a Bowman or a Marksman, as they'll make a perfect SE mule in the future for your NL. AND, it's quite easy to get into bosses as an Archer, as all the Night Lords in the server need their buffs :) So they're often in demand.

But all classes are viable. Most importantly it's something you have fun playing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  12. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    I do have a level 100 Hermit that I played on back in 2017 but I feel like hes not that good for many reasons, the main one is just no funding so his gear isnt great tbh but I think I could use him to help in bosses if I do the HP challenges! But youre making a pretty great case for a bowman for SE buff later on

13. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Oh nice!! That's a nice high level.

You could keep that character at 100 as a Meso Up mule!

But I'd play it, and eventually do the HP Challenges. And someday, someday see if you can play both NL's at once :)

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:56 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    maybe when the valentines event comes with the baskets you can take advantage of the basket's HS (or gm buff) to level up both chars at the same time, se.nso maybe when the valentines event comes with the baskets you can take advantage of the basket's HS (or gm buff) to level up both chars at the same time, if not one at a time, I would first level up the HS until you have maximum HS

15. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    6:56 AM
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    It's a shame that people would rather multiclient and self leech rather than play the game as intended, in a party with friends.

There is something lonely and sad about having a party consisting entirely of your own characters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:56 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    Thanks akashskyakashsky for the link. It looks like fun. My current LV 30 cleric is already disqualified, as he has 2 million mesos from trading. But I intend to start a new character later and join the New Leaf Guild. Maybe paladin.

I apologize if my last comment came across as rude. It's because I'm frustrated that not a single player has accepted a party invite from my cleric. I see lots of players at all levels. But NO ONE wants to party. I've been forced to solo the whole game :(

I made a cleric because I thought people would be more likely to party, but instead I have been shunned the entire game so far. It just seems like too many people would rather solo grind instead of party.

The overwhelming majority of players seem to just ignore me, although a rare few have been friendly (maybe 3 people?)

Maybe it was just a long run of bad timing and things will improve.

I feel like this server needs to set aside certain channels for multiclienters and leave channel one for partiers only. It would make it a lot easier for people like me. I usually play on channel one because it's the busiest.

18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it's a valid opinion

the reality is you're playing a private server that's nearing 10 years old, and most characters you see at your level are probably linked to some old player with higher level accounts. it's unlikely you can provide more than you take (exp or drops) so from that point of view it's also unlikely for others to want to party. kudos for you since cleric is actually the best for single client play at your levels

you can gauge new players via how dead or not kpq/lpq/opq is for your party grind but if i were you i'd just join some new guild and make it to 4th job - it's much easier on the server than it was back in gms

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    Partying before you have holy symbol is rare even amongst new players because it's generally just faster exp to grind on your own. As a priest you'll do quite a bit of party grinding in 3rd job when you have holy symbol maxed. Party quests are good if you want to scratch that party itch right now though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    Does anyone else see this as a problem that the mods need to fix? Should partying give extra benefits that will encourage players to party? Rather than the current meta, which has almost killed low level partying?