1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Would you play a GROUP IRONMAN in ML???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Feb 9, 2024.

Would you play a GROUP IRONMAN in ML???

1. I would probably play!

62.1%
  2. I might play.

13.8%
  3. I wouldn't play.

24.1%
  1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    12:53 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Streamable if you're willing to pay for a subscription otherwise really YouTube is your only realistic option. Not a lot of sites really trying to do video hosting.

FWIW I have had zero issues uploading to YT by just keeping all my videos unlisted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    3:53 PM
    I'll probably start soon, I'm impatient.

3. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga

Buddied :)

4. Wensleydale

Wensleydale Orange Mushroom

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Might be easier to post the discord community link here before posting the new thread. It'll give everyone a better idea who is actually interested and provide a better place for challenge discussion. Especially since others have started creating their chars :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Asanagi

Asanagi Chronos

Sep 16, 2022
    Female
    7:53 AM
    Asanagi
    Bowmaster
    yaoxp1e9gwhc1.png
    I'm probably going to do something else in other games due to the lack of activity, I might come back though.
    Discord community doesn't even exist, basic rules don't exist either other then common sense of don't do external trading.
    If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. The Intermediary position is open since Skuire is SLOOOW and I'm not doing it because I HATE RESPONSIBILITY

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:53 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Good things come to those who wait. OnionYawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:53 AM
    Only the accounts that are created after the launch of the campaign are the true iron man.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Asanagi

Asanagi Chronos

Sep 16, 2022
    Female
    7:53 AM
    Asanagi
    Bowmaster
    You've committed the cardinal sin of boring me, and so I take my leave.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    I made an Ironman account when I saw this thread and started voting on it. I'd be sad to have to make a new one even though the character on it is Lv.1 and sitting on nothing.

My idea...?
    Maybe once you make your character in-game, you can either click Sera x amount of times before the Ironman prompt comes up to ask if you agree to the rules/terms. OR, make a command that's hidden(?) unless you know the command to do the same as clicking on the NPC x amount of times. Thoughts on that?

• Like Like x 1
  10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Skuire has stated that they don’t want anyone to have an NX advantage, like pet equips and expanded inventory early into the playthrough, unfortunately.

And also this:

• Like Like x 1
  11. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Time to remove that account then!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:53 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    nx advantage is kinda odd, because someone could easily join the ironman when it launches, afk vote for a few months and come back and play with nx advantage.

Furthermore if you are going to ket new players join over time, those players will also be nx disadvantaged relative to older players.

Its also hard to enforce since you can only see character creation date and not account creation date.

The main merit to the rule is that your community progression will mimic early day legends progression, and nobody will turbo through a wash/ levels with excess nx

13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I think the current new character experience is quite decent due to the affordability of many 10%, 60%, and 70% scrolls. After a few dozen gacha pulls, you’ll get to enjoy scrolling some equipment for yourself, which any new character should take advantage of.

If we disregard the price of CS/WS and the gears derived from them, everything else is actually quite affordable relative to one’s earning capacity in the game, mainly due to gachas. Yes, some scrolls are pricey, but your character doesn’t need all of them. Sell the valuables that your character doesn’t use to buy what your character can.

Unless it’s a personal challenge, I find little value in imposing rules in attempt to enhance the gaming experience. Instead of enforcing explicit restrictions, individuals can opt to avoid specific aspects of the game they don't enjoy. For example, if I'm not fond of bossing, I don't need to set stringent restrictions; I can simply choose not to partake in boss-related activities and continue playing the way I prefer. Or perhaps, I've established this no boss rule to hide the fact that I suck at bossing and I now have a reason not to participate. I’ll also know that everyone adhering to the no boss rule has one less thing better than me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:53 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020