1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    2:15 AM
    Are you in my walls too?

Edit: Oh.. I'm labeled here as "other" thank you sir.

2. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    11:15 AM
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    To go a bit deeper on my opinion why shad should have more hp is that before these changes, MG was seen as a way to effectively double a shad’s hp and that made washing “optional”. But now a shad is getting 10k washed vs a buc that gets 19k. So a shad can double it’s health bringing it to 20k, but in some situation that health pool can be halved. So MG was seen as good skill before that everyone got their hp buffed,But now it’s actually a debuff compared to for example buc. Because I’d much rather have 19k flat than have a potential 20k that can become 10k, if you can see where I’m getting at hahaah

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    5:15 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    DK need to have their HP buffed way more, you need to give them 18.75k (30k with HB) much earlier than lv170 for them to zerk effectively.
    If not this system is literally useless for them because they only can hit 30k with HB at lv170.
    Which means your zerk hp is fked until then.
    Or since warrior is so easy to wash, might as well just do the old washing, and forget about this tbh.

Why does bucc need so much HP? For range the idea is to 12k x 1.6 to have 19k to tank a BB effectively. Then for bucc shouldn't it be around 16k for them to tank a body touch? Why you need to give them 19k to reach 30k hp with HB?

Shad should ideally have like 11k so that they can do PB touch with their meso guard, without HB. Just for a little bit more shad favour I guess. 10k seems very weird here. Just make it same as range's 12k???

Mages seems fine, because MBR still exisit, and the HP is really effectively for them.

On the whole idea. I supports whatever system that removes HP washing, though I am way to deep down the rabbit hole for me to utilise this.
    Just the numbers might need some really careful tuning.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:15 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  5. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    9:15 AM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    If permabeginners were able to opt in to the HP challenges and never worry about accidental job advancement in the future, that just sounds even more appealing. I get the feeling that 0~2nd jobs are not included as to avoid those characters later job advancing to Mage or Shadower, creating characters like wonky Mages with super HP and impossibly low MP. Perhaps allow Beginners through 2nd jobbers to participate while including some lockout from ever job advancing in the future. We really want to be able to participate in the new system. If classic HP washing will in the future be regarded as a luxury for those who can afford it, it wouldn't be fun to keep having to HP wash as I am, lowering my damage the whole time due to base INT, and still coming out with HP well below the proposed 'other' HP threshold despite the extra work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    This would be absolutely amazing.

7. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    19k is likely for the auf touch threshold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:15 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Personally would love to see low level pap parties become a thing if pap was involved in the low level challenge.

9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You know in your heart that they'll just opt to get carried by high level friends

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Cool people can party with their friends too, let me live in my low level pap party fantasy. :wtf:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    How about this then. For the final challenge, one has to do the following:

1) Kill papulatus, while partied with only characters on the same challenge, and everyone is doing 10% damage (fixed damage attacks like snipe/meso bombs included), and there is a 20 minutes timer
    2) Kill ravana, while partied with only characters on the same challenge, and everyone is doing 10% damage, and there is a 20 minutes timer
    3) Kill krexel, with only characters on the same challenge allowed entry, and everyone is doing 25% damage, and there is a 30 minutes timer
    4) Kill zakum, with only characters on the same challenge allowed entry, and everyone is doing 25% damage, and there is a 30 minutes timer
    5) 6) 7) 8) Kill Vergamot/Dunas/Nibergen/Nameless, with only a single party consisting of characters on the same challenge, and everything is doing 40% damage, and there is a 60 minutes timer

That'll force just about everyone to party up, I'd imagine

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I don't even think most of those would be clearable with a full party of people at the given levels

A full party of ~140 players already takes over 30 min to clear Zak. Now you want to multiply that by 4? Alternatively, you want to force people to find 5 full parties, 30 players, all of whom are also on the same challenge, with an active playerbase of around maybe 800?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't personally have any investment in this to make a full fleshed out suggestion. I was just throwing low level pap out there as I personally enjoy the thought of a bunch of 3rd jobs/early 4th jobbers coming together for it while the boss is still somewhat of a challenge to face. If someone chooses to be carried through it, so be it, I don't see a point in trying to constrict it when you can be carried through every other aspect of the game.

These challenges have a chance to utilize some old content in new ways or bring some relevancy to out of meta areas. Adding those same meta bosses that would be run anyway would just seem like a waste imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alexander11

Alexander11 Blue Snail

Feb 27, 2022
    Male
    7:15 PM
    Comdom
    F/P Wizard
    Fruity
    Erm...
    Ive spent the last 40 levels mp washing and also have 200 base int at level 85. My goal was to wash to 13k HP to boss late game. I have no nx saved as I've been doing it as I level.

I'm going to need to save 196 APR (for int reset) and 320 APR for my MP resets just to get a normal characters stats. My options are to continue washing and end up with the same HP as an unwashed character following new proposed method, vote for over a year(or however long) to get my stats back to 'normal', or I have to start again and forget about it. Any way I look at it feels like a punishment tbh?

The only possible solution I can see is offering an Int and HP/MP reset otherwise its super rough...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gustavosama

Gustavosama King Slime

May 12, 2020
    Male
    Hunter, Bowmaster
    Please read

Imo, stop making it hard for people, I love this new challenge system, but having to spend months of voting just to remove points from HP and be able to participate aka be eligible is wrong, it's just redirecting what was wrong and people didn't want to do in the first place.

The reason why I left ML (Only played my Bowmaster) was because I noticed that hp washing existed until it was kinda too late for me to start (after 4th job)... to compensate I said to myself ''Myself, since you get one hit KO by most of the mobs of your level range then let's just add raw points to HP even if you lack on damage later on, but at least you'll be able to survive and be able to kill something by yourself (And not pay for leech)! as a workaround of this washing system'' and now that I have low damage, and a bare decent hp bar to not get killed by mobs (still can't participate in bosses thats why i ended up leaving) I find myself isolated from the new challenge system because it requires me to still spend those months I didn't want to spend on normal hp washing in the first place, but to remove my points from HP due to me adding them to make my character barely playable in consequence of the oppressing gameplay system regarding HP washing.

So still, for me to come back to my character I have to vote for months to wash those points that were added as a workaround of that unfun way to play!

One idea to solve it all. You know and have the data of how many points were invested by a player on HP! just as simple as accepting the challenges should reset the extra points from HP or give the players who accepted an 'All ap reset' to start fresh so people who did wash doesn't get affected, and it would do it all so everyone in my position and others as I've read can just start their journey with their abandoned characters! and like me, there must be so many others!

We don't have to be punished for that to participate in the new route.

I hope you make this right for people in my position since it's in the Alpha stage, again, please don't punish us for that, I would love to come back and play my Bow Master.

Also I want to adress this saying that ML needs people to be actively voting for AP resets, and from my point of view I voted EVERY DAY for cosmetics and owls on many accounts, so no, by doing this ML is gonna still have exposure by many active players that are gonna come back who vote because they are actively playing...

PD: Same for the people that have already invested their points on INT and bloodwashed. just reverting it all would be the solution, else the only option is to remake, and few people would like to do that after putting so much effort into getting monster rings, investing many hours playing, etc!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Going to repost what I posted a few pages ago because there seems to be a lot of confusion about this:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    5:15 PM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    The irony.

Also, why are you guys all so unreasonable? Everyone cried for a solution to hp washing. Then once one was proposed you start demanding for compensation because you've already halfway started washing instead?

Basically you guys just can't be happy about anything right? Or your butt gets too itchy if you can't complain about something?

I myself have also stacked some int on all my chars, but I'm perfectly happy to save up some nx to reset that int and take the challenge.

It's a sunk cost. Let it be. Because let's face it, no matter what solution proposed, those who've already started washing or finished washing was always going to get shafted.

Worst case scenario, make a whole new char and use that instead. Or if it's really that far gone, you might as well just traditionally wash it. You can get more hp that way than you would have through challenges anyway.

Seriously guys, the sheer amount of "please compensate me!" posts and threads is fucking embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    Amazing idea for new players (or first chars) to find their way to late game content without ruining their enjoyment with a hp washing manifesto. Hopefully it's pushed out ASAP so we can retain and possibly bring back players who quit because of hp washing!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Very excited about this! The whole idea is a good concept, very curious to what the challenges would be.
    I feel like this is a good step to get new players to stick around instead of scareing them away with all the posts about washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    In his defense I believe he’s describing his character as blood washed, and has many points of AP assigned to HP that have not yet been washed out, in which case he would actually need a number of APRs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1