1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the stack of arrows

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ngrman, Feb 19, 2019.

1. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    9:27 PM
    Hello,

I am suggesting that the stack of diamond/red arrows for bowman.

Right now they are stacks of 1k each, 20mesos each for diamonds from mo in phantom forest and 40 each in showa town.

So I'm suggesting the stack limit should be increased to 2k(or more lol), for that sick 4 attack buff at the cost of not using soul arrow.

Right now for a bowmaster, they use about 8arrows/sec with hurricane. which is about 29k arrows per hour 29 stacks. So right now it's only viable for shorter runs. Marksman a lot less arrows.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:27 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't play much Bowman but I think Bow Master don't use arrows because of the rate of fire they got ( I think is around 500 attacks per minute I think?). On Marksman may be ok but I think you need so many arrows on long runs such as HT that the 2nd job skill may be better, also more slots for pots.

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:27 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I don't see the need, really. My Ranger uses Soul Arrow with the Diamond Arrows in the first available arrow slot and the +4 W. Att is applied even with Soul Arrow. I'm not sure if this is true for 4th Job Skills, but I can't hardly imagine why it wouldn't. Try swapping the types of arrows you use why Soul Arrow is on and see if your Attack Range changes. Then turn off Soul Arrow and look at the differences it makes in your Attack Range. I'll bet you Soul Arrow won't change the Attack Range - which means you only need 1 Stack.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think it doesn't work with soul arrow :/ AnnolisAnnolis

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    To check if this is true or not, you can do a @DPM test in ch4 fm20 using soul arrow and without.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:27 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Should be pretty easy to test this by taking off all your gear that gives you watk and just using the crappy starter bows. The difference +4 attack will make when you do that would be very noticeable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:27 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It definitely does not work with soul arrow, the range that is shown in your stats is false.

Edit: An significant arrow stack buff would effectively buff all BMs by 4 atk, which as I BM I can never disagree with :D (although I think we are broken enough).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
  8. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    11:27 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Totally agree with all arrow stacks to 2000 per slot. Of course you still won't have enough to last an entire HT run, but it will be cool to see archers toggle on and off Soul Arrow during boss fights to increase damage output, and it will add an interesting mechanic for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I love how I share my experiences to try to help shed light on this issue, and while I can get four people to nicely indicate that the game might be lying to me, two people "disagree" with my experiences and observations. Ummm...Okay...

Anyway, if this is true then this is a bug that should be fixed. Soul Arrow can't be allowed to lie to players like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    11:27 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Yeah unfortunately soul arrow has never properly stacked with the attack arrows.

Back in old GMS, it even showed you on your screen that you did more damage with diamond arrow + soul arrow, but it was only client sided, so nearly everyone back then got bamboozled until it was proven false on basilmarket forums (well that's how I found out). The server would show the real damage to other players which was lowered. I tested it myself back then and did over 250 damage to a green mushroom (on my client) but it did not die. Other PC showed real damage which was less than 250 damage.

I've tested soul arrow + attack arrows in 2 different private servers but did not show the fake improved damage on your client, it just showed the real damage and my attacks were not anyway stronger with soul arrow on. I have yet to test this myself in Legends but I'm sure almost certain it's the same case here.

Since this 'issue' was present in old GMS, it isn't really a bug for Legends. It currently behaves as it's expected (same as old GMS). It's up to ML staff to decide whether or not they want to make it stackable, somehow show true attack range with soul arrow on, or ignore it completely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    buff pls

• Like Like x 3
  12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    theKatiatheKatia, this is the string I was thinking about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    we did it team

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    your welcome boo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    now for the follow up
    make red and blue arrow stack up for 2k for consistency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Has the range been fixed when Soul Arrow is on, too?

17. Montyy

Montyy Snail

Aug 22, 2020
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Montyy
    Camper
    Bump this, can we have a look at increasing arrow stacks for those that do not wish to use soul arrow and rather +4 WA from diamond/blue/red arrows?

18. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    9:27 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i would like to suggest the more arrows you carry the greater the fatigue. lowering the characters movement speed and jump.

• Like Like x 1