1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Lag with multi-client MAC

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Dream, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Dream

Dream Red Snail

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    12:25 PM
    Hello,
    I've been experiencing lots of lag with multi-clienting. I am able to play MapleStory flawlessly on one screen but when I multi-client I tend to get a lot of lag. On my I/L when I cast blizzard it freezes for like 20 seconds every time. It also lags regardless when I move around too. Thanks!

2. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    3:25 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    What mac are you using? What are the specs?

First, I'd check if it's a local performance issue:

---
    Check Mac computer performance
    1. To access the Activity Monitor go to Finder, Applications, Utilities. Click Activity Monitor.
    2. Choose the process category you'd like to check on. You can choose from CPU, Memory, Energy, Disk, Network, and Cache.
    3. You can then choose how much information to display and in what format.
    ---

Are there any indications that you're hardware is at capacity?

3. OP
    OP
    Dream

Dream Red Snail

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    In terms of hard drive memory I have 6.9 GB/120 GB. Most of my GB is taken up by system. I have uploaded a SS with specs and CPU usage of my MAC. Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Are you running MapleLegends (via Crossover) in this screenshot? I'm wondering how the performance chart in this screenshot would compare if you were to take the same screenshot running multiple clients. My guess is there'll be strain on the CPU / RAM?

5. OP
    OP
    Dream

Dream Red Snail

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    I uploaded new screenshots, this is running two clients at the same time.

Attached Files:

6. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Thanks for the screenshots! Looks like your storage, and RAM are good.

Though, when running two clients you are utilizing a high percentage of your CPU. I'm assuming that's correlated with your performance/lag issues, but I can't say for certain. Might be worth trying to turn down the graphics, and seeing if that has any improvements on performance.

It's quite interesting that your blizzard skill causes 20 seconds of lag as mentioned in the OP, since that certainly sounds to me like a network issue.

Wish I could help more!