1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make map nerfs more consistent

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by halfwaysleet, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Mushmom

May 21, 2018
    Male
    7:55 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    In oldschool-GMS, a map's mob spawn increased relative to the number of players training there, however, MapleLegends and most odin based servers have a maxed spawn from the get go so long as there is a single person in a map - Taking this into account I feel like it would be reasonable to nerf high income areas such as Ulu Estate I and II, vikerola, etc, since they can be abused very easily for printing pure meso with meso up mules and multiple mages.

Gobys have already been nerfed twice, and the server has been clear that it will not be re-buffed.
    While that is unfortunate to those whom enjoy grinding there, I find it to be a somewhat reasonable nerf. Even though it is a map that requires far more effort than most 4th job mage maps, it still ends up generating new mesos into the economy, which in turn affects the long term health of the server.
    There are similar maps however that allows players to print even more meso so long as they use multiple characters, these maps are high reward for low effort so long as the player has multiple accounts, which could be seen as an incentive for this behavior.

In short, I believe that not only Gobys should be balanced based on how they were in GMS, but other high income maps as well in order to slow down the pure mesos entering the server, and to reduce the incentive for people to go out of their way to make multiple mages to farm maps that have a high potential for making meso.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.