1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of the Yellow Bandana

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bearu, Aug 14, 2023.

How would you like the Yellow Bandana to be reintroduced into the game?

1. 0. Do not reintroduce the Yellow Bandana into the game

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. 1. Re-add the quest that rewarded the Yellow Bandana to islanders

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. 2. Add Yellow Bandana to the Nautilus Harbor gachapon rewards

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. 3. Make Yellow Bandana a rare monster drop

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bearu

Bearu Mano

Aug 25, 2020
    Male
    1:17 PM
    F/P Mage
    The Yellow Bandana [​IMG] has not been obtainable in MapleLegends for several years.
    I have owled and smegad for it daily for about 1 month but I've found no sellers. Only people trying to sell me a Maple Bandana Yellow [​IMG] instead MapleF4

I would like to request the Yellow Bandana to become obtainable again.
    I recognize that it is considered a rare item and I feel that it should stay hard to obtain. Yet, I would like collectors like myself to have a possibility of obtaining one.

I have three suggestions that I would like to put up for discussion here. I'm also very interested to hear other people's opinions/suggestions MapleF2

1. Re-add the quest that rewarded the Yellow Bandana to islanders
    I don't know the exact details of the quest that rewarded it. From what I heard it was a quest similar to the islander glove quest that gave a random colored glove, but for bandanas.
    My suggestion would be to re-add the quest to give islanders a chance to obtain it. In order to keep the Yellow Bandana rare we could:
    a. Make the quest's level requirement higher than typical explorers passing through Maple Island. For example, making the quest available to lv15+ islanders
    b. Add weighting to the randomly rewarded bandanas in order to make Yellow the most rare reward
    c. A combination of the above

2. Add Yellow Bandana to the Nautilus Harbor gachapon rewards
    According to the Gachapon guide: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-gachapon-system.8646/ the gachapons in the job-specific cities may reward class-specific equips.
    The Nautilus Harbor gachapon is a low-visited gachapon as it's out of the way for most players and its rewards are lackluster compared to other job-specific gachapons.
    Adding the Yellow Bandana to the Nautilus Harbor gachapon would ensure that it stays a rare item while giving dedicated players a chance to obtain it.
    Edit: It seems I misinterpreted how job-specific gachapons work and that there are no town-exclusive rewards, only higher/lower reward rates. With this info, I think adding the Yellow Bandana as a high-rarity item to all gachapons and making the reward rate higher in Nautilus Harbor would still be a viable option.

3. Make Yellow Bandana a rare monster drop
    A way to reintroduce the Yellow Bandana could be to add it as a very rare monster drop.
    In other versions of GMS, the Yellow Bandana was dropped by Lupin monkeys. The Yellow Bandana could be added to the Lupin drop pool.
    I do think this opens up a loophole where people could farm Yellow Bandanas and reduce its rarity. So the drop rate would need to be made very low.

Please let me know what you think MapleF2

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:17 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I agree, it will help you close your collection and it's not something that will disrupt the game in general

3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:17 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    (in case you, and other collectors)

4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    All gachapons have the same rewards, wouldn't it be odd to suddenly change this by adding the yellow bandana only to nautilus gacha?

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:17 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    My guess is that it's an item nobody perceives as valuable, so it gets NPC'd or dropped automatically, hence the low/non-existent supply.

Have we verified that Yellow Bandanas cannot be obtained in any way? If so, I agree that it should be added for consistency.
    If not, I would say keeping certain items rare (especially those that have a very, very small impact on the game) is fine.

Unfortunately it's hard to tell since the information we get from lib is limited. Maybe Staff can confirm if Yellow Bandanas do exist, and if so, maybe you can host a Yellow Bandana hunt through a community event?

I'd chip in like 5m for the reward if you promise to log an entertaining journal about it or something, and hopefully others would add to the pot money.

6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    If you get this then I want old chairs back

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Bearu

Bearu Mano

Aug 25, 2020
    Male
    F/P Mage
    Not all gachapons have the same rewards.
    There are already unique rewards for Perion, Kerning, Ellinia, and Nautilus gachapon in the game. These towns have rewards that only come from this specific gachapon. Adding the Yellow Bandana to the Nautilus gachapon should not be a big change as far as I can tell.
    In the gachapon guide Kimmy is actually open to suggestions (at the bottom of the post):
    "If you feel like an item is lacking from this list or has the wrong job tag, feel free to throw in a suggestion."

I'm referring to the "Job bonuses" explained in the gachapon guide here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-gachapon-system.8646/

Edit: After re-reading it it seems that the "Job bonuses" just increase the chance of certain rewards and that they are not exclusive rewards to that town gachapon. My bad MapleF12
    I have edited the post to clarify this. Still, I think it's a good option to add the Yellow Bandana to gachapon and increase droprate for Nautilus specifically.

8. OP
    OP
    Bearu

Bearu Mano

Aug 25, 2020
    Male
    F/P Mage
    I have no way to verify that the Yellow Bandana is completely unobtainable. Would be great to get a Staff's input on this.
    lib indeed says that the Yellow Bandana doesn't drop from anything. I've been relying on feedback from people that say they got it from an islander quest years ago and that the quest no longer exists.

If it does get added back into the game I'll happily make a journal of my pursuit to obtain it MapleF2

9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:17 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    My assumption is that it was added by mistake as they were included 1 year in a quest on maple island that randomly gave bandanas.

There were 3 exclusive islander quests that gave items to my knowledge. None of them have ever made a return to another event. If one was to make a return, the banana one is by far the most useless and underwhelming in regards to an islander.

Uniquely though bandanas did make a return last year as a raffle items, but yellow bandana was left out. In terms of islanders the yellow bandana has no value and have either been tossed or given away. Only recently did islander realize this was an item not obtainable elsewhere. To my knowledge only 1 has been brought off island after the discovery of its uniqueness (I think).

tldr; pls don’t rerelease a useless islander event so non islanders can obtain an item. Throw it in gach or something.

10. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:17 PM
    Endorphins
    Very important topic that should be addressed immediately without any delay

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Us Islanders will trade our yellow danas with you offlanders for zakum helmets

12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:17 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    is a low level 0-2 DEX really game breaking in anyways? I don't understand why some people against reintroducing it as shown in the votes

13. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Because people have this weird "I have no reason for it to exist, so it shouldn't and i'll go out of my way to insist on that fact" mindset.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:17 PM
    Endorphins
    As simple as adding an item or changing drop/chance rate, i rather have the single dev this server has work on actual content for the server and fix bugs

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm in favor of adding all of this dumb, pointless stuff. Bandana colors, Horntail T-shirt, level 110 equips. Add iTCG items too as long as they're balanced.

16. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    In my opinion it really isnt that gamebreaking. A collectible, more than something useful really. That said, people are probably against it for the same silly reason why (statless!) chairs "shouldnt" be obtainable ever again. I know this is a bit offtopic (sorry), but only recent events have seen returning chairs while those who missed out (as with these yellow bandana`s too apparantly) will have to forever miss out for god knows why*.

Believe it or not, adding a single item to the game is not a lot of work. I'm sure the dev doesnt have to drop the important tasks to get this done, if it comes to that.

*Yes im aware chairs currently have a market with some having absurd "value". These chairs add nothing but a fancy look, let newer people have that too regardless of their (poor) wealth status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Bearu

Bearu Mano

Aug 25, 2020
    Male
    F/P Mage
    1 month of daily smegas later and there's still nobody selling a Yellow Bandana MapleF4

As ChrisChris said above, it might also be a nice idea to reintroduce it via event raffles.
    Another option to reintroduce the could be by putting it into the wedding event boxes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Bearu

Bearu Mano

Aug 25, 2020
    Male
    F/P Mage
    After 2 months of daily smegas I finally found a seller. My collection is now complete. MapleF2
    Though my personal hunt is over, I will leave this post up in case there's other people that want to see the Yellow Bandana become obtainable again.
    Yellow Bandana done.png

Bonus screenshots of people trying to sell me a maple bandana. There were more but in whispers or I forgot to SS.
    -ovv-ovv consider this my journal MapleF2
    MapleBandana8.PNG MapleBandana7.PNG MapleBandana6.PNG MapleBandana5.PNG MapleBandana4.PNG MapleBandana3.PNG MapleBandana2.PNG MapleBandana1.PNG

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hahaha congrats. Glad you were able to find it.

Heres the real question:
    Now that you have one, would you still want staff to reintroduce the content that would allow others access to the yellow bandanna?

20. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:17 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I'm so glad to see this adventure come to a close! I was worried there for a moment, as it appeared that all yellow bandanas has dissapeared into the void of abandoned accounts. But alas, our worries are resolved. Congratulations!