1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    7:05 AM
    ok, and would I still need 2 mu sweepers or 1 will suffice?

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:05 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Shivering also only uses one sweeper, the other char is purely there to cast Meso up which you can decide to do with the sweeper near all your mages

3. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    ok. and someone stated "You can literally afk buy leech from 10-80, then poison to 120 in a day. Then spend 1 more day to go from 120-130."

what do they mean by poison to 120 in a day?

4. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Poison mist training is something F/P mages can start doing around lvl 80 at FoT (China: Forest of Towers) on Mini Gold Martial Artists which yields ridiculous exp and will get you to 120 in no time. You do need someone to finish off the mobs for you as you'll only be able to get them to 1 hp with poison

5. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    ah I see.. thx

see you guys at ulu1 :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    4:05 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Still not farming atm. I will probably resume tomorrow or Saturday. I do have an update though. I managed to sell my 11/4 and rolled it into another 8/5 bwg. Here is the result.

upload_2021-4-22_9-4-11.png

As you can see it took up 2 WS/CS and ended up 8/4 (+0 RIP), but no worries we were able to land 4/4 70's and recoup about 1.1b of our 2.4b net investment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:05 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I feel funny that shivering is running 4 mage, earning 35m/h, it's like 8.75m/h per mage including gach income, and says himself this needs giga nerf
    While I was earning 12m+ with running single bish excluding gach income in ulu2 (too lazy to do gach kek) and he doesn't mention about ulu2 at all, even though income per mage is way better there.
    This is just nothing but showoffing for me, like 'hey I earn 35m+/h come worship my insame income' which sounds childish honestly.

Shiv, what broken isn't map itself. it's your running 4 mages as 1 person so takes quad income of ordinary 1 mage people.
    and I hope you know that you're not only one who can do that shit. just we were too lazy to do (yes, I have enough charas even able to do hexa-mage in same tactics, and 4 of them spend 1/2 MP of yours. just too lazy and have no greed for it.) , and you were diligent enough to do. that's why you earned a lot much more than us, and that's why we say 'you're deserved for it', instead of 'LF>nerf'.

If you seriously think you're only special guy who can do that and trying to showoff indirectly, then you're underrating guys in ML and it's nothing but your hubris. also, asking nerf for ulu1 just sounds me kicking ladder for players who got inspired for your nice journey. (not sarcasm. I actually believe your journal gave inspiration for many fellowers, and think it's your nice achievement.)

If you still think ulu1 needs nerf, think about yourself again. is map broken, or is ur ulting 4mage as 1ppl broken.
    i'm sure even if staff team makes ulu1 income into 0, you'll get similar income in another map anyway. we have tons of maps to utilize multiclienting mages.

I hope to say. Stop overrating yourself and underrating others, also, kicking ladders for your fellowers.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    7:05 PM
    Thats why i believe theres no need for ulu 1 map nerf. You do quad mage, thats your effort. Who knows, someone may do an oct-mage in future?
    Unless theres other motives, which is the artificial change to demand and supply balance, to the benefit of mercs.

9. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    7:05 PM

Just nerf the 2 safespots. Issue is resolved.
    Single mages are not affected.

10. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Reading comprehension is hard I guess. I think I've said this like 5 times in the thread but instead of reading it I guess you just make stuff up because it's easier to fit your narrative that "I am arrogant and childish." The reason this strategy is broken like I've said multiple times in this thread as stated in the previous sentence (I am stating it again so maybe you will read it and comprehend it this time so I don't have to read yet another trash take in another thread from you) the reason this strategy is broken is because the level of effort is very easy compared to the level of gain you receive. The map itself is broken because of the 2 safe spots and the fact that you can do it at level 130 on a practically naked FP. Those are the reasons I have presented for the map being broken. You come in here with "ulu2 gives more money per mage." Guess what; that doesn't contradict anything I have said for why I believe the map is broken. You can't farm 4 maps of ulu2 with 1 mage. The entire point of the strat is with more mages you get diminishing returns, but those returns are still very high; you've literally somehow missed the entire point.

You are typing about my arrogance and hubris while in the same line saying "you are not special; I can do this but I am too lazy." Anyone see the irony in that? Literally 2 lines above this you say you believe this journal has helped a lot of people and then you follow up with this trash take. Your need to put other people down and bring yourself up is sad. I have literally also said in this thread, don't worry if this strategy gets nerfed and you made mages. There are other maps where you can get high incomes but they will be a bit harder to execute, but it is doable and I am more than happy to share those maps once these maps gets nerfed. That is what I've said. You've somehow interpreted that as "think you're only special guy who can do that and tying to showoff indirectly."

In this thread I stated a personal opinion that the map is very strong and could use nerfs. That does not mean the map is too strong and needs nerfs. I merely stated my opinion surrounded by facts and reasons backed up by a lot of data for why I believe the map is broken. I'm sorry that was too much for you. I don't know why people in this game are so obsessed with me and what I say; I stated 1 opinion and at the end of the day that is just that. There are other people in here who believe the map does not need nerfs just like there are other people in here who believe the map does need nerfs. People have stated their cases on both sides throughout this thread and it's up to the game mods to make a final decision based on what they have seen and what their beliefs and goals are for the game.

You say I am kicking ladders down for other people when 3 sentences before that you say this journal helped people. Make up your mind so I don't have to read this word vomit.

Anyways, as a final note, I don't know why you try to follow me around on the forums commenting on everything I say, subtly attempting to flame me. I usually don't respond because I feel sorry for you; I have no idea how you can have such strong opinions and make such bold claims about another person you do not even know. I get you're a fan but at least try to stick to the facts instead of living in a fantasy land making stuff up just to convey some ridiculous message about someone you do not know at all.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:05 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Ulu2 is indeed pretty awesome, but profit/mage isn't the only important metric. In theis case of ulu1 shivering is saying that the scalability of the strategy is what makes it broken. Due to ulu2 requiring more control/mage and being muched more clogged with other players you can't really scale it past farming 1 channel. As an extreme example just look at pre-nerf summon farming mannequins, although the profit per client was only like ~2.5-3m pretty much everyone (including the abusers themselves) agreed it was too broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:05 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Seems I pressed some button wrongly. Never expected you'll be on fire so serious like that. I apologize. Don't worry, I wasn't following you. just you were super active so being everywhere D:

Actually I know some maps which can apply your tactics and get similar sum income. let's just try to nerf them too. I'm sure you know those hidden off-meta maps also. I can't wait your next maps journal after nerf of ulu1 which you ask for.

Go brave. you're leading meta of maplelegends. salute you. No worry. I won't dare try to interrupt you anymore. You got my word.

(You know? I'm actually one of your fans even though you may not agree on. not sarcasm nor joke. You're talented for breaking meta/making new one, and I really love such guys because they give me chances to think in-depth about this game, instead of doing normally as braindead.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    It's not the map that is the problem, it's the player who abuses multi-clients with 4 mages.
    The fix is simple, limit the number of clients we can open. The strategy probably does work work well with 2 pc/laptop anyway

I'm actually bias as I only care about not wanting the ULU I to be nerf, I'd rather they prevent the players from taking advantage of the map with multi mages.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting

While I fully agree the nerfs (if they are deemed necessary) should be more targeted towards the players that actually bother with the effort/required accounts to quad client mages, I feel like limiting open clients is a done-and-over-with-concept. We've seen it in bosses to prevent muling, it lead to an indirect pay2win-scenario where people with multiple devices had a clear advantage over others.

15. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    To be fair you come over very passive aggressive in most of things you said in your two recent posts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You keep using words like 'take advantage' as if optimizing strategies are not an inherent part of this game. Multimagers aren't taking advantage of anything. They're playing the game within the parameters currently allowed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Can you DM me? Shivering doesn't need to know

• Funny Funny x 12
  18. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Another non farming update today, but don't worry the farmventures will continue tomorrow.

Bought a 10 att 2 slot cape for 1.175b. Used 2 chaos (no WS) and funnily enough unlike with my work gloves both of these passed: Results below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Result by scroll was: +2, +2.

Sold cape for 3.2b so about 1.7b net profit; this was basically a recovery from the +0 bwg. It's remarkable that we haven't really lost much (no - stat chaoses so far) in any of our chaos adventures yet through the course of this journal, but I'm sure we will see it soon enough.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I tried to replicate shivering's ulu1 + cornian strategy and got some pretty decent results, even though I only use 1 meso up mule for ulu1.

I recorded a video of me farming both maps at the same time in case anyone is curious how it is done:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUM8GrVtR8

One thing to note is that my sweeper for cornians and mw30 mule are loaded on a separate laptop because after 6 clients there is literally not a single pixel of space left on my main monitor.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #16

Got 6 hours in today after no farming for the last 5 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • Made 218m today or 36m/hr.
    • Sellable equips at ulu1 included: 2x 4/2 pirate bot, 2x 6/2 pirate top, 1x 49/5 craven, 1x 50/5 craven.
    • Sellable equips at cornains included: 7/5 armis and 78 att concerto
    • I somehow managed to get 0 earring int 10% and 0 earring dex 10% at cornians in a 6 hour session.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1