1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Skill Changes: 21/12/2019

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:13 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

The following skills have been changed for this Christmas Patch.

[​IMG] - Heaven's Hammer
    The cooldown has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds

Reasoning: Previous patch we've made massive buffs regarding the signature attack of Paladins: Their elemental attacks. Previously, Paladins were unable to reach Horntail nor Zakum properly until this change. Now that Paladins are able to attack Zakum and Horntail properly, we feel the Heaven's Hammer buff we made long ago is too powerful.

In the official game when Paladins got buffed the cooldown of Heaven's Hammer was changed to 20 seconds. This means, that Heaven's Hammer is still buffed compared to the official game counterpart. By making this change we hope that Paladin's main offensive attack is their normal elemental attacks and not their ultimate. Of course, an ultimate skill is supposed to be useful too, but it shouldn't be their only attack.

We'll moderate if more changes have to be made in the future.

[​IMG] - Demolition
    Bug fix: Male characters now have the same speed using this skill as females do.

Polish: Some skill sounds from pirates are now in a higher quality thanks to SnoozeySnoozey

• Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:13 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    DAM YOU SKAMORY, DAM YOU TO HELL

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    10:13 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Top 10 anime mistakes

F for the paladins

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:13 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:13 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    credits: SeismicToss

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Vibrance

Vibrance Mano

Nov 28, 2019
    Male
    Earth
    Vibrance, Scorching, Goldenrod
    F/P Wizard, I/L Wizard, Bishop
    Symphony
    This a good thread.

7. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:13 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    eca.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:13 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander

9. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:13 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i think is better to change ht pre quest back to manon’s cry instead of kills to prevent hh mules.

And also can we have a buff to acb for pala’s for that hammer nerf

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    Paladin is in a really good status now.
    There is no need to buff any other skills because HH is nerfed.
    Nerfed HH is still good for 15 seconds cooldown.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    huge nerf man decrease training speed and dpm by half... and not even give any buffs to single target? ok

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:13 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    15 seconds HH would mean that a HH mule still provides roughly 3m dpm over the course of main body.

Thats basically the same dpm increase any attacker would have using an onxy apple. HH mules are still valuable in horntail even after this change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    Paladin's Blast is the one of the best single target skills in the game, yet you want another buff.
    Paladin recently got buffed for one handed weapon range, I don't understand why people want more and more when the given buffs are already huge.
    Don't you think that pre-nerf training speed was op?

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Horntail entrance mechanics are a bit different on this server than others. After you do the quest, you can enter horntails cave. You can stay in horntails cave until you want to leave. This means that if people keep bringing you potions, you can pretty much just leave a HH mule in cave forever and never have to repeat the prequest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yea is good but the real op thing is for hh mules in ht with 0 gears

i hope that hh can be similar cd for mobs 10s

and when used against bosses be 15s

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I know HH mule is OP because I run a lot with HH mules.
    And changing it to 15 sec cd won't make hh mule be dead because they will be still useful.
    I suppose they could've tweaked HH to damage based on range, but what's done is done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Kageshirou

Kageshirou Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:13 PM
    Kageshirou
    Buccaneer
    Organization
    The cooldown change makes sense. HH was good enough already due to the dmg cap increase to 200k back then. The 10 second cooldown just made it lol-worthy (especially moreso since Blast has been buffed). The amount of utility it had against some bosses considering the pally itself didn’t need any decent gears was broken.

Honestly.... as someone with a decently geared pally and some random pally mules, I’m still fine with it. Even back then when grinding for long hours in some of those high level maps, its not like I was always able to spam HH every 10 secs (had to teleport back from the other side to finish them off.... well duoing was another thing).

On another note. Still looking at Holy Charge (compared to other charges it really is lackluster...) and Dragon Strike (also Snatch to still keep it above Dragon Strike....).

18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    People have more humor about the HH nerf than I anticipated, which is nice. It's probably still upset a lot of people who have dumped a lot of resources into creating HH mules for the purpose of killing HT but I don't think it's 100% done them in yet. If the old HH mule could add 4-5mil DPM to your HT kill this nerfed version can still add 3-3.5mil, which is still useful and has a place for those who wish to optimize damage output. It's just not insanely good anymore and instead probably more in line with a dex bucc for usefulness.

Paladins were the best class in the server, with exceptional performance almost everywhere, but now they are still good. Their single target was already very solid anything with an elemental weakness just melted to them, which includes a lot of really good content like Neo-Tokyo. Overall I still think Paladins are the best warrior, which really goes to show just how broken HH was.

Personally I still think the classes could use some more balance but this is a step in the right direction. I was hoping there'd be a bit more but there's always next time. Things I'd enjoy seeing:
    -Very slight buffs to Barrage, Dragon Strike, and Demolition, with their current values being achieved at level 20 or 21 and the slight buffs occurring between levels 22-30. This would make lower level buccs less pigeonholed by skillpoints while improving later DPM once they have their main skills
    -Piercing Arrow not being interrupted by taking damage, allowing Marksmen to fill a more unique niche as slow ranged cleave, and reducing the reliance on Strafe for most of their damage

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    About time honestly but now that we actually see nerfs happening to a class does this mean we will be seeing other classes getting nerfed as well? :^)

• Agree Agree x 3