1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A few suggestions to revive the DrK's class

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hoangrex99, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    8:31 PM
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    ANGEL RAY?? WUT

Yeah I'm sure people who die are dying because they're too cheap to use their 2k pots and not because they're (DKs who are sed, DKs who had to zerk and but fell on body for unforeseen reasons, BMs who hurricane (you cannot pot while hurricaning) , fuckin lagging on a server running for weeks with no restart, getting hit but went on mount the same time (can't pot), etc). There are a million reasons why bishops should be healing rather than ANGEL RAY. Genesis at least does some damage Jesus Christ decreasing survivability rate of your party members with 7-10mil dpm for angelray, save my soul.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:31 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

Of course bishops heal when someone seduced. I'm just saying that if we are talking about optimal bishop play, when they are not required to heal because of seduce, they should also be dealing damage.

Archmages are also good to bring to bosses that have multiple targets like horntail. Meteor and blizzard hitting 5 targets is very good damage.

They don't fill the same roll that bishops do, however.

If you have a bishop spamming heal when they could be doing damage instead, I just think your missing out on damage. It's like me playing a playing a corsair and not using bullseye (a skill that multiplies your damage by 1.2). Its might be easier to play like this, but its not optimal. Thats why I still stand by my previous statement.

Also, damage for bishops is a lot more than you would expect when they have speed infusion. That party buff is like steroids on them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Maybe if it can be coded to run 3 instances of zerk rather than 1?
    If HP <70%, then damage x 1.2
    If HP <60%, then damage x 1.3333
    If HP <50%, then damage x 1.25

With HP less than 50%, then all 3 instances would trigger and lead to a 200% damage boost, or if it's less than 60% the first 2 trigger for 160% damage. If it's additive rather than multiplicative then it'd be different, I don't really know how the damage calculation stacks the percentages, and hopefully Sharp Eyes would still work as intended with that theoretical system.

It also sounds like a pain to get that to work as intended for berserk levels 1-29 though, there's a lot of chances to mess up the math.

4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:31 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I feel like there is a such a great analogy between Hero vs DK and NL vs BM. One class requires less control in bosses, does more damage, has higher survivability, and saves an incredible amount of pots compared to their counterpart. However, the other class has super important buffs in the form of HB/SE.

Speaking from personal experiences as a BM, I use to hold a lot of similar opinions towards NLs as some of the DKs in this thread have towards Heroes. Compared to NLs with their high dodge/shifter rate, +50% apple duration, and naturally higher damage, I felt like I was an inferior class that was just there as an SE mule. But as I got higher level, improved my gear, took out my accursed base int for(optional) washing, and learned to optimize my damage, I started to realize that I was out-damaging all but the strongest NLs. Just because BMs are objectively worse than NLs in boss runs (aside from SE) does not mean BMs are SE mules. Of course if I was an NL with comparable gear/level I would be even stronger, but I personally think the loss of 1-2m dpm is worth the utility gained from have SE.

The situation between between Heros and DKs is comparable. Even thought Heroes are easier and do more damage, DK do not just have to be HB mules. Of course you will be an HB mule if you are low level, have no gear, and don't how to zerk properly, but the same can be said of every low level/funded classes. Furthermore The usefulness of HB cannot be understated, I would argue that it is even more important than SE. HT runs are extremely HB hungry and DKs are far more desired for bossing than heroes in general.

It would make no sense if BMs and DKs were the same as NLs and Heroes in boss runs, if that was the case there would be no reason to make NLs or Heroes. In the end you are conceding some degree of damage/ease of play/pot conservation for utility through party buffs.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:31 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    DK is good the way it is. I would only buff Hex of the Beholder to give 26w att at max level cos that skill works better when is not maxed haha and I like your idea of more defense with hex, why not a huuuge amount of defence at max lv? why not altho that will barely decrease the damage overall haha .
    1. Zerk range is ok atm, yeah we are far far below when comes to tanking compared to all the other warriors and even some NLs with HB, but if you are consistent with it is not too hard to pull out. If the range should get raised maybe only up to 60% cap.
    I could buff it I would make it deal more damage, atm we got heroes to do more damage with less risk of anything with combo (same damage increase at a press of a button) , so maybe get it to give 220% more damage or so.
    In the end DK is more of a support class, its damage is pretty good in my opinion just not as good as hero's, but if we had the same or more damage than them , what would be hero's place in maple?. It is worth to sacrifice damage to get support in the form of HB (one of the best party skills in the game).
    2. We don't have power guard, that makes us less tanky, yeah that's right but we got elemental resistance, situaltional but very effective once we get the bonus. Zak damage cant get over 1.4k cos of that and even lower when Achilles gets fixed. HT's heads attack do only 3.3k max damage on me (less when Achilels gets fixed) so I think we are pretty ok sometimes haha.
    3. Yes I hate bishops too FeroxAnimaFeroxAnima but you work around them, you go to the other side on zak, yes you lose dpm by walking back and hb every time but hey you are a support class in a way so better keep it up. I never had any other issue when comes to bossing with bishops tho, most of them stay far enough to heal only the ranged and not heal the melee, its just zak the boss that has not enough room.

So yea for me:
    1. Make ppl max Hex of the beholder by making it 26w att and more better buffs at max level.
    2. I don't think Berserk needs changing but if you want to buff it just maybe give it up to 60% hp? damage wise it could be buffed but as I said earlier we dont want to make DK the best dps among warriors, because they are already one of the most useful in party when comes to support options.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I think rebalancing HP & MP potions giving you a flat amount would be the ideal solution.
    As all of you guys know, NLC potions are way too price efficient compared to regular potions.

If berserk can be activated below 60% rather than 50%, then DKs would be fine with using ginseng roots most of the time.
    However, some people might argue that it would make berserking be too easy, therefore I propose a rebalancing regular potions or adding a new NLC potion.
    It would make everyone be happy because we don't have to customize Berserk skill and can leave it as is.

So my proposal is;
    1. Make flat amount regular potions to be cheaper as making them 50% priced or even more.

In this way, DKs wouldn't feel being wasted if boss runs don't drop anything.
    Ginseng roots are the one which DKs use the most (when grinding especially), so I will take it to comparison with Melting Cheese and Reindeer Milk.
    Ginseng roots give DK (30k hp) 12k hp when it's consumed with 2.1k meso.
    * You are getting approximately 5.71hp per meso.​

Whereas, Melting Cheese and Reindeer Milk give 4k and 5k flat hp when it's consumed with 4.5k meso and 5.6k meso.
    * You are getting approximately 0.89hp per meso for melting cheese and reindeer milk.​

As you can see, ginseng root gives more than 6 times of meso efficiency over melting cheese and reindeer milk.
    Do not forget it gives 40% mp as well.

That will be up to discussion of how much cheaper those flat amount regular potions should be.

2. Make another NLC potion which gives you 20% or 30% hp/mp or just hp alone or make Smore being purchasable for reasonable price.

With this being implemented, DKs would berserk effectively if they paid attention enough.
    Unlike Ginseng root, these 20~30% potion wouldn't make DK be out of Berserk range (>50% hp), and DKs can use price efficient potion as others do.

Again, we will need to discuss the price of potions here as well.

Overall, I strongly believe these are perhaps the better solutions over customizing Berserk skill itself.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I will strongly say, buying 1000 melting cheese for 4m is tilting af and so expensive. I wouldnt have a problem if melting cheese/milks prices were reduced. EverEver John was saying Ninja castle has pots that give 20% hp/mp i believe

i dont see zerking being an issue, the only issue i see is the cost of potions outside of NLC pots

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:31 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well now that you re talking about pots and that, first of all im a dark knight too. I know that dark knights are so dependant of zerk mastery and for some people is risky to do so cuz there are things that can happenen to you, like you are talking, or lagging, you trusted to much in your pet during zerking etc. Accidents may always happen and that is part of the game and life.

For me masterying the use of this skill is a beautiful art, ofc we got our limitation at many bosses, but it proven that we can zerk in almost all bosses (Except anego, bga or the boss that ofc is not bosses meant to warriors). I zerk at 50% HP hold even in toad, I just use 40% hp pot and set my auto hp to 40% with achilles 30. and keep a eye on it, I lose it many times but i can cleave like 10 times with the activation. so Zerking is fairly posible.

If you are dissapointed that you feel that you re only a hb mule or something, you should think that without HB many runs arent possible, unless all the party wash enought to tank the bosses without hb that is costly and frustrating to anyone, the HB is the most principal thing that gives Dark knight respect amount a party, having a dark knight in party is more important than having a hero in the party.

Reading your Idea about the Zerking thing I think that 75% is way to much, is easy but it will be too broken and boring, Having it 60% it can be nice, cuz ppl can maintain it with only 40% pots in mostly all bosses at 15% rate of losing it. would it will be more cheap and all, cheeses and reindeer milk are ones of the most expensive hp potions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    AND LAST of all (im posting it in another message) i have a sugestion. If you disagree with me i understand that. but it worth saying it for me. and ill be so happy if this becomes a reality:

I had tested all the pots with zerk in targa/scarlion, but there was a pot that moves me a lot and i find it the most PERFECT pot for zerking at 50% threeshold, This pot is nothing less than a Smore, its a farmeable pot in Haunted Mansion, has a recovery of 25% HP/MP. its a cute cream cake. My suggestion is to make it adquirible at NLC grocer at a reasonable price.

The reason: 25% HP/MP means 7500 points at 30k peak. with means that you can cover the hit damage of some bosses and plus, dont lose the zerk, in that way leaving it at 50% Rule, doesnt matter nothing, cuz there is a pot that may help maintaining the zerk without dying.

I hope you guys take my request in consideration and give me some feedback <3

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    How much are those potions?
    I'd imagine those pots should be more expensive than NLC ones.

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    20% pots are ninto drops only. Can’t buy them sadly. I do think having either these or s’mores be a buyable pot would be a great quality of life boost for drks and makes more sense than decreasing cheese or milks prices.

https://lib.maplelegends.com/?p=use&id=2022007

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Reindeer milks = 5000 / heals 5000
    Melting Cheese = 4000 / heals 4000

13. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I asked about the 20%/20% potion @Ninja castle you mentioned.
    Looks like it's not purchasable.

14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Smores are cool but with accuracy issues they're hard to use because they'll overwrite your accuracy buff with their 10 accuracy. So I'd consider them to be slightly less useful than the Sushi.

Also there's the dude in the Haunted Woods with a level 25 quest who buys 25 smores for 100k. If they're purchaseable then that becomes silly. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    in a fact, when you re high level, you are able to hit almost all the bosses without a accuracy buff, naturally you now struggle for accuracy for training in shaolin, so you can use back the pots you are using actually instead of smores, that is a idea to improve more DrK at bossing, in my case i dont miss HT, Targa, Toad without accuracy pot, and plus i dont see another pot that heals 25% exactly.

16. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Wow, I didn't know that DrK used smores. Would y'all pay for smores if I farmed then and sold them in my FM shop?

17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:31 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think the best way to make Zewk easier would be if you pressed the pot key and it healed you 100% of the times. Also same to pet pot o.o

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. nidebaba

nidebaba Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    U.S.
    nidebaba
    Dragon Knight
    source
    too lag cannot hold berserk,I support this improvement for DK

19. Wiwixu

Wiwixu Red Snail

Nov 20, 2018
    Male
    7:31 PM
    Wiwixu
    Dark Knight
    Tempus
    Waiting that KimberlyKimberly take any of this suggestions....

20. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    3:31 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    she should add dark impale skill and flash jump,well I played drk since 2008 and the only thing that really annoy me that skill called hb mule only for 155seconds instead of 300

also dragon blood but whatever she won’t change anything

I swear if she will reply to this comment and compare it to v62 oh bruh

YOUR GAME ISNT V62 ANYMORE

BUFF US REEEEE

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019