1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do paladins need a buff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 3, 2020.

1. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:27 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Where’s the hammer math

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:27 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2020-9-23_20-20-55.png

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    2:27 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Sin títuloomg omg.png
    this was epm trainig in pt men and Tauriel 7f buccs are not at the low end

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    es posible para un bucc blanquear en HT

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Funny how on a thread about palis the only buffs * mentioned by a gm are to other classes.

6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    3:27 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Ok chillout lol it was a response to the other posts.

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:27 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I mean when uninformed pepegas are randomly spouting some nonsense that sair damage got buffed 20%, it isn't too surprising to see a response shutting that down.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Remember when GMs last buffed heroes?

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:27 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Officially I'm only allowed to say things that have already been done :p so while I can't reply about each of the pally suggestions you guys have brought up, I'm definitely reading them, processing them, and number crunching T-T

Someone please take me out of the calculator room

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:27 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    EPM1 isn’t valid luffy

11. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    10:27 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    True, and with pallies you can hammer the mobs, start the epm 1 test and finish them, and continue training
    So it’s even less accurate
    Speaking of epm test, is there a standard way on how to record these test, just like dpm45 on ht

12. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Es valido si tienes el HS en el mismo mapa y das buff mientras mandas un macro, asi nunca paras e atacar recuerdo que lo minimo que bajaba era a 82m

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Depends on how fast you kill and which buffs you use. If you use SI you should do at least epm5 to take account of rebuff time. You should also consider mob respawn time but usually with mages it should be at least epm5 and if you're using a skill with long cd like pally you prob need something like epm10.

14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    actualmente estoy jugando un paladin, cuando entrenaba en 7F antes del evento tenia epm5 entre 65 y 70m entrenando con un hero y usando mi bucaneer y SE mules

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    ese epm que mencioe a press era de mi bucaneer oviamente usaba SI y SE y mientras mandaba stach daba hs, la ventaja era tambien por que tauriel mataba rapido su lado, puede que ahora sea menos por que en 7F ya no hay mobs dorados

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    10:27 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    I'm really playing a paladin ، when I was training in 7F before the event I had epm5 between 65 and 70m training with a hero and using my bucaneer and SE mules
    This the translation to people who don’t speak Spanish
    Am not saying pallies are bad at training, it’s just that the staff used our training pace as an argument to justify the nerf, which in reality it’s worse than a dk or a hero at end game, And also where not good at ht or cwkpq which is a main source of exp

• Like Like x 1
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    9:27 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    With a DK using polearm fury I got 79.9m epm as bucc at F7. I could test more to see if I get more (epm 3)

• Like Like x 1
  18. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    [ is a main source of exp[/QUOTE]
    GMs been nerfing anything that a Paladin or a mage can abuse for exp or anything.
    Can GMs have a bit more feedback in the balance? Like addressing issues of a class or debating with other people about the matter?

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The argument for a paladin’s advantage in training has always been about the ability to get to bossing levels quicker, not about training in late game. Pure speculation, but I’d imagine if two people started their characters at the same time, a hero would get to lvl 155 a month later than a paladin - assuming they play the same hours in a day, progress with the same amount of gear, and don’t rely on things like leech. Not sure how much you value that month or so.

And I could see both a lvl 155 hero and 155 paladin getting accepted into a 2 party run with good rapport.

20. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    To beguin Ill say that I have no idea what Paladin need exactly but if we are gona compare it to Hero lets see...
    >Hero is the best cleaver in the game (altho cleave was kinda nerfed this patch fucking up buccs too god dem it) so they do more damage at teh beguining of HT and they can destroy CWKPQ bosses (Also for some stupid reason brandish has more vertical range than crusher so they do even better than DKs)
    Paladin as far as I know you can't use ACB efficiently and most of your cleave is reduced to HH and now is less efficient.
    >1vs1 dmg paladin wins yay, but other jobs do better at that departmen and are either better and/or have support skills to give to the party (as much as we got ciders rage still a pretty neat thing to have) Hero 1vs1 dmg still pretty good tho
    >And welp Paladin like Corsair they don't have any support option available, perhaps HH on sumons is ok but since sumons from HT are coutned as bosses you dont leave em 1HP anymore so jobs with weaker mobing skills like BM or NL or at times roar cant finish sumons that have been hammered.

So yeah u get faster to bossing but we see that some jobs are more wanted than others in bossing making the extra time investing worth(btw buccaneer needs lv 160 to be at max capacity for 1vs1 and over lv 170 to cleave well with snatch on certain bosses and u still may want to have MW, we work so hard we need so much lvs and we gotta find on top optimal strategeis, fuck paladins buff buccaneer help, call the police) So yeah Im not sure about what paladin needs but they need something :)