1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making parts of Horntail elementally-weak

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AioriaX, Feb 24, 2021.

1. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    9:56 AM
    Your knowledge is misguided at best and it would be greatly appreciated if you would stop asking for a ‘buff’ for a class you don’t play or have any understanding about.

You say you the elemental weakness here is unwarranted because it only serves to help pallies in HT, but at the same time note that HH is only used on bosses where you can hit multiple targets - I.e horntail and Zak arms. Ignore Zak arms because Zak is trash, doing whatever you want to buff HH only serves to improve pallies in HT and no where else.

i have no opinion on the elemental weakness suggestion here and could not care less if it was implemented, but for you to say that it’s unwarranted because it only helps to buff paladins in HT while at the same time asking for a so called HH buff which again is a skill that only functions well in HT when there’s multiple targets is laughable.

And I don’t get where you’re getting at when you say paladin isn’t a multi target class but you want to somehow buff HH. Like do you not see how this just doesn’t make any sense?

And no buffing HH damage to equal blast won’t solve anything. You can do two blasts in one HH cast time at minimum so on single target bosses HH is useless. Even when HH was 200k, it is not viable to use HH on a single target boss when you can outdamage that with blast.

Please stop suggesting to make HH do blast damage without actually knowing when it’s actually used for bosses and how it’s used.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    4:56 PM
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    I don’t have a NL but 30k~35k with crits can be achieve easily with SE + Apple. It’s common for NL to be able to do that at 17x levels.

3. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    In a previous run i was told by my squad leader not to cast hammer as it might cause the arms to seduce if i cleave too much? Or something along those lines, so i never used hammer at all during that run. I am an amateur runner with probably less than 4~5 runs in, so i never used hammer throughout the run

4. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    11:56 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    A NL with apple can do more than 35k.
    But I thought you talking about neutral damage with buffs (cider+SE) .
    If we compare same budget gear with NL and Paladin, the damage will be pretty equal.

5. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    I do not have a NL in this server but I was surprise that my NL in another server manage whited a paladin doing 199k w/o crit when I am doing 55k on triple throw

6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:56 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Spamming apple 24/7 isn't common unless they're in PB. (and even in PB streaming, I still see some 1K-ish dmg on top line of TT kek)

But who whites the boss - does it really matter?

• Like Like x 1
  7. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    11:56 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    I am pretty sure the pally your talking about that hits 80k lines also hits 40k lines on minimum rolls, stop making random misguided arguments

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I honestly wonder what high quality weed you smoke tbh. All of your arguments dating back from the Enrage thread have been confirmation biases (e.g hero gear vs NL gear). It seems like you've never read past threads on HH nerfs and DPM charts either, and you come in and claim that you're "pretty sure" pally dpm is the highest if they have all the buffs based on your own "experience".

You seem to ask for gear listing so much, so what's the range + gear + level diff of the 17x pally vs the NL/BM you are comparing to?

OTOH, I could care less about whether elemental weakness is added or not for HT (as a FP). I've pretty much proven my point about mage in bossing in this server. Sure, having higher dpm45 would be nice, but it's just going to be pretty braindead once I get accustomed to the new mechanics in a couple of runs.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    5:56 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
  10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:56 AM
    iPippy
    A paladin does not want damage anywhere near a bm in ht. Pally is probably the class with the least versatility in terms of where it can position. It hits mid head and only mid head. Even the buccaneer, believed to only be able to perform on left side of ht, is actually fully capable of pivoting to the right side of ht once avoid stacks up to a decent margin. BM and mm are also able to operate on either side without too significant of damage losses, and can better deal with cancels, AND can provide useful buffs/debuffs to the fight. Divine charge buff fixed the damage numbers to a reasonable effect, but the fact still stands that it is an inflexible party member. And at the cost of slightly less mid head damage, a hero/dk gains an extra head cleave, retains its ability to do arm/wing cleave (which was already good when users knew how to use it), and provides decent to great buffs in rage and hyper body.

Paladin always had a shaky place in ht team comps that required planning around, but at least it had a niche before the patch. Even if it had nl tier dummy dpm, an nl will do more effective damage, and be cheaper to run. Why run a pally in ht (or any remotely worthwhile content)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:56 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    You made this thread you fuck
    upload_2021-2-24_22-37-14.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    It's outdated information. Arm aggro is no longer dependent on who puts damage on it or not, and left arm doesn't seem to care too much about characters on top left (unless they fall down, at which point they're no longer on top left).

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:56 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think with the recent changes, Paladins hit left head most of the time and midhead when left head moves down to attack.

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If there are parts that are made elementally weak, I think it should be the preheads. For example, you could make 1 prehead weak to lightning and 1 prehead weak to poison. This would help the archmages contribute more at the place where they are the worst (single target preheads).

It would help paladins out a bit as well, but the fix for paladins is best stated in this suggestion:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...rtical-hitbox-for-mid-head-in-horntail.38253/

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    It would be great if there are elemental weakness on some parts of the HT, I do wish to see more AM / pally being in HT boss run in the future

17. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    This thread highlights a lot of issues right now.

Namely, people talking about and making changes for Paladin buffs dont learn anything about the class and just throw around suggestions until something sticks.

100k lines look shiny but we have single lines. It is not impressive damage with SI at HT. That still puts you weaker than a BM/MM ten levels under you, and they bring SE to the table. We bring nothing.

Paladins are the weakest single target attacker in HT with this recent change, no cap. We are the worst class to bring to HT right now. I don't think an elemental buff is the answer although it is an interesting idea. It could open up bossing more to A/Ms, but would be so difficult to balance. In the end I'm not sure it would add anything worthwhile to HT.

I would recommend supporting BananaPie's hitbox thread. That puts out damage back to a useful (tm) spot instead of the dog water it is right now. With this cleave buff, paladins are still D-tier but we've been that way for awhile so most of us are just used to it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think buffs for paladin are kind of warranted at this point. Even if Paladins were given their old HH back (maybe 100k instead of the 50k that it is rn), it would just put them along side Heroes and DKs as viable cleavers now.

19. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu

At this point I don't expect any buffs from staff. They have shown a fundamental lack of understanding of how a Paladin works / its role in bossing and have continuously nerfed the class into oblivion. HH will never be buffed again because this community will use anything remotely viable as a mule.

I've given up that fight dude, good luck. I just want to hit middle head in peace.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If a group wants to bring a HH mule and spend ~1.2m on pots to gain a measly 2m dpm advantage, I think that's fair. Especially with the state that Horntail is in right now, it just wouldn't make sense economically to do so.

I wouldn't put it past staff to reconsider their initial nerf from 200k to 50k and to readjust it based off of the current meta.