1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make bossing great again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Feb 24, 2021.

1. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    10:28 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The current drop's demand (other than mw20), more or less depends on the incoming of new players, which is of course decreasing because covid spike is an anomaly.
    If you are still depending on the new players to "demand" those books to set the market price, the price will just going to get lower and lower.

As someone suggested before. It is time to change some of the fundamental money flow for bossing that they no longer depends on new players to be profitable, aka drop WS some how.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    7:28 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I understand the frustration, but I believe gen30/mw20 are not that only reasons why HT splits are so low. Most people forget that important skill books for other classes that are only obtainable from HT. Ex. Heaven's hammer, Triple Throw, Meteor Shower, Blizzard, Berserk, Snipe, etc (WOW, there's actually a lot). Their prices hover anywhere from 1~5m or even less, but I don't see people complaining about them.

At the end of the day, it's supply vs demand. Just got to accept that mastery books aren't the way to go anymore. You cannot compare prices from 2~3 years ago to now.

Supply > Demand => prices drop
    Demand > Supply => prices increase

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:28 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Those books are unfortunately seen by (the community) as a lost cause T-T i miss the days when zerk and metero 30 were ~200m

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Each of those skillbooks that you listed are now <500k (mostly 100k though), and people don't complain about them anymore likely because
    1. They lost their value a long time ago and
    2. Horntail was still somewhat profitable due to genesis and maple warrior still being very valuable in the FM.

We are all aware that mastery books no longer are the way to go, which is probably one of the reasons why this thread/suggestion was created. One huge benefit that rare gach offers is that there's no way it can be saturated in the FM due to the diversity of the exchange.

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Allow boss-exclusive skillbooks to be exchanged for other valuable items (attack potions, NX, random chance at gacha exclusive item).

The NPC always has demand. :^)

6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Inspired by Mageor's comment, I decided to revisit my spreadsheet and assign categories to every single drop I had to visualize it in a pie chart. I found an extra MW20 that I labelled incorrectly, so my MW counter in my previous post was off by 1 book :p

[​IMG]
    The equip bucket encompasses any equip that was sold to another player, including crafting fodder. The NPC bucket encompasses everything that I fed to an NPC to feed their family, including tasty horntail eggs. Books include any books that are not MW or Gen. Many of these books I slowly sell at 100k ea, besides probably blizz, meteor, and TT30.

I spent 30 minutes on this so please give me informative reacts thanks

Edit: link to data for anyone interested in checking it out
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PwIvE09iaQWnH3KBBXyuyBcayULDDWDaK6wbS_TQg7s/edit?usp=sharing

• Informative Informative x 23
  7. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    +1 for WS/CS shards. Tradeable 100 shards to 1WS/CS at 10% boom rate? This will ensure bossing rewards are always pegged to WS/CS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    40m per run damn. Even including the higher number from Selquin of 60m. That is 50m per HT on average.
    Even for a 6man, it is barely 10m for a 2 hours grinding of a boss (20m for 2 run in a row, 4 hours).

End of the day, just ulu/skele please, if you are serious to earn money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm pretty sure like 9 months ago, most important HT SBs were like 30m+. I think there were few enough organizers and they set a line and colluded so there wasn't rampant undercutting. Even people with like 50+ books would hold. Now us paper-handed coviders ran rampant and undercut like crazy and caused the market to collapse.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    A market that isn't free isn't worth participating in. Undercutting is not a sin, but rather proof of your power.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Thank you for providing such an amazing chart!! I personally never run HT, so I can only see the profits through the free market prices.

After taking a look at the graph, the ones that stood out most to me are Gen30, MW20 (of course those 2 :p), and, lastly, EQUIPS (sold to players). I knew HT dropped dragon equips, but did not know how much it can impacted the profits.

Just an idea (only an idea though), what do people think about:
    1. Lowering the drop rate of all the Mastery Books 30 to 10%, and Maple Warrior 20 to 5%.
    2. Increasing the # of dragon weapons dropped from HT.

Possible effects on the current market:
    1. *LESS* (but not sure by how much) HT mastery books on the market => hopefully, with a bit more scarcity, it will help stabilize the prices
    2. By having more dragon weapons dropped from HT, the market will be flooded more with dragon weapons. This will cause dragon weapon prices to drop, thus decreasing the profit of Mage/Bishop's leech. (ex. Power/Dex/Luk Crystals, Dragon scale, Dragon spirit, lvl 100 equipments). The idea is to keep the total profit from bossing stay the same, while decreasing the profit of leech.

Nerfing mages is an indirect attempt to balance bossers in a way.

• Creative Creative x 2
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:28 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  13. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    You are accurate in pointing out that I don't run HT, so my ideas might still require polishing. I could definitely use your help and experiences from HT to find a way to address the OP. Thank you in advance :D

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    10:28 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    This might increase the price of ws even further. A similar phenomenon happened in recent events when pink capes flooded the market and drove up cs prices.

15. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    This is indeed a great point that you brought up.

But, for starters, I believe that is a separate issue from OP, where we are addressing the imbalance between leeching and bossing.

Next, a small but significant difference between Chaos Scrolls and White Scrolls is ATK capes are solely dependent on Chaos Scrolls for all 5 of its slots while Dragon Weapons mainly rely on Weapon 30% scrolls for 4~5 out of 7 of their slots and finishing off with White Scrolls. As you said, however, with more +4/+5 weapons appearing on the market, this will create a slightly higher demand for White Scrolling.

The last point I would like to bring up is that, although more Dragon weapons will definitely affect the demand of White Scrolls, we have already seen an increase in the price of White Scrolls from 140m (I believe to be around November/December 2020) to 170m (Now, March 2021). From my understanding, this is partially due to the availability of Reverse/Timeless weapons dropped from Pink Bean and a lot of old players stockpiling White Scrolls in order to 10% + White Scroll their new end game weapon. (Not sure if this 10% + White Scrolling Timeless Weapons will die down any time soon, since so many of us love perfecting our beautiful equipments.) But because Dragon weapons are a lot cheaper to obtain than their Timeless counterparts and primarily scrolled with Weapon Atk 30% scrolls, I estimate that it will not be as big as of a fluctuation as it did for Pink Bean weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Why nerf mages instead of just buffing bossing in general? There’s not really a need to nerf mages imo. I agree with -ovv’s reply that tweaking drop rate is just a band aid fix to a larger problem. Not to mention that a lower drop rate creates higher variance between run profitability, which unfortunately I have experienced first hand according to my data and Selquin’s reply.

The beauty of the original suggestion is that it’s simple to implement and appropriately addresses concerns of saturation, value of bossing, and there’s not really a need to go into hypothetical supply-demand “what if” rabbit holes.

The suggestions of white scrolls shards, NX systems, tradable resets and such are fine ideas as well because they address the core issues, but imo they’re a bit clunky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:28 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I wana do a stat ball too
    upload_2021-3-9_22-46-40.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  18. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    How about instead of tradeable AP resets dropping from bosses, we have untradeable AP resets drop from bosses as a small "test" event where we can collect data and see how it goes? To see if players are incentivized to boss more often.

19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It will only be great once again after everything is undercutOr4d until there is no profit remaining. It must be so bad that everyone quits the game, thus ensuring the stranglehold on PB and pushing for the 1 hour HT timer.

Horntail has been defeated many times, but now he must be destroyed as a concept to truly kill him once and for all. No money allowed from Horntail, only leech until 180 then go fight poverty dragon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There needs to be implementation of new types of meso sinks that aren't just a transfer of mesos into exp/equitable goods.
    Ego is probably one of the main drivers that falls in this category.

Incentivize people into doing content for prestige. Don't forget to make it fun and challenging.

• Agree Agree x 2