1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you utilize multiple mages for profit or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myungsoo, Dec 28, 2021.

Do you utilize multiple Mages for profit?

1. Yes, I (sometimes) farm using at least 2 Mages

26.0%
  2. No, I only use a single Mage/Bishop for profit

23.4%
  3. No, I have a Mage/Bishop but NOT for profit

26.0%
  4. I do not have any 120+ Mage/Bishop but I'm working on it

8.4%
  5. I do not have any 120+ Mage/Bishop, and (probably) won't make any

16.2%
  1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    4:18 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I'm just curious what percentage of Legends is really utilizing the mage meta. Sometimes I do feel like it's Mage story, but in reality, is it really that large of a percentage?

2. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Not sure if I agree with you. 75-120 took me a little over 6 days during my break without leech (feel free to look up my mage 128bit on ranking). Having zero fundings. After that it's even easier because you can just leech yourself.

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    What exactly do you mean by this choice:
    "No, I have a Mage/Bishop but NOT for profit"

Because I have a mage and obviously need to make profits with it just as you would do with any other char in the game. except it's pretty much fully reinvested into the same mage for me

4. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Sorry for my vague description. By profit I mean to fund your main (attacker) unless your main is a Mage obviously

5. Vystical

Vystical Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2018
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    10:18 AM
    Vystical/Kyrln
    Buccaneer
    Perion
    Taking a sample from the forums is going to heavily skew towards later game players.

I made quad mages but am demotivated from using them because it's tiring to pilot (feels like a job) and I don't have a goal right now.

The reason why I made them?
    I cannot afford WS through bossing and I hate selling leech. It seemed like the next logical step given the rising WS prices and unaffordability crisis. So when you can't beat them, join them?

I don't see multi-maging as a problem though, it's more the underlying problem of not enough WS entering the server. So I'm hopeful for the next patch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    People turn to radical ideas(such as making 4 mages) to make mesos when bossing becomes unprofitable and the economy is collapsing. This is why I fully believe problems with the economy should be taken care of before any mesos making strategy is nerfed. In the event that making mesos becomes increasingly difficult while the white scrolls and chaos scroll prices rise exponentially, the average player becomes heavily handicapped.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. demonicbrawl

demonicbrawl Blue Snail

Oct 25, 2021
    9:18 AM
    spirit2roam
    Magician
    Sorry if this is completely off topic, but is playing mage story only necessary for super end game like horntail and pb? I only started playing since mid september on and off, and I keep seeing this term used once in a while. If my only goal is maybe, just maybe at most ht, do I even need to worry about mega funding myself by making that many mules to sell leech?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:18 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Yes, and normal people would also consistently mention their 550 int beginner in a casual way when it's not even at that level yet.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    It's never necessary. You can play Legends perfectly fine without mages at all. You can compare it to working out with or without the right food. You'll get stronger, just a lot slower.

For reference, half my income is from gachapon, but I'm particularly lucky it seems, so I'm not sure if that's good context whatsoever.

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:18 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    never had a mage, played only a hero till lvl 169, no other chars other den pots n storage mules. i've earned 100m (non gacha) and spent them all twice. if i was more careful with my spending i would be able to get myself a 200m sword. lvl 160+ with a 200m weapon, imo is very HT ready.

i didn't join HT (too time consuming, not for me) but I joined 4-man cwkpq before so, I think its pretty doabl

11. Vystical

Vystical Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2018
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Vystical/Kyrln
    Buccaneer
    Perion
    Nah, you don't need mage story to do Pinkbean and Horntail.

For Pinkbean, you DO need to wash considerably. Speaking personally, I'm not gonna screen your attack gear before you are allowed to sign on a 30-man run. That just sounds toxic.

However, I am gunna check your level and see if your class fits in the composition. Sadly, I usually have to prioritize washed range (>11.5k HP before HB) once general cleave slots are full because of the nature of the boss.

So if you want to join stuff like 6man HT or Pinkbean, be high level/play a class that's useful/host your own run.

The Magestory only occurs when you've finished your mid-game gear (14att glove, 9+ att cape, 500m+ weapon) and are now aiming for perfect items requiring White Scrolls (usually a weapon first) for your own personal satisfaction. But not having a perfect weapon doesn't necessarily bar you from content, your level and class and wash does.

• Informative Informative x 4
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That's some hefty mid game gear.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I utilize my Bishop to keep the Maplers save from the exploding houses in which the greatest enemy of the Maple world resides. The Goby. Mathematicians estimate that I have killed well over 3 million Goby fish and will continue doing so untill they no longer exist.

i voted option 2

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:18 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:18 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I feel like this survey doesn't really tell us much in depth. I'd be more interested in knowing people's responses in relation to how long they've been a part of this server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    How is everyone feeling? That last round of 2022 Balance Fixes took some shots at multi-mages. Would you still recommend multi-mage as a viable option?

17. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:18 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    no wtf, thats my leveling history on my first char on maplelegends, a bishop.
    upload_2022-9-2_12-51-2.png
    upload_2022-9-2_12-51-17.png
    and thats on my second char (also a mage)
    upload_2022-9-2_12-51-57.png
    upload_2022-9-2_12-52-5.png
    you also can just use an hb mule or wash very early and use elemental weakness spots to cover the lack of m.att, i don't know why you're using your numbers as if it were the truth its just your reality lol, multimage isn't that hard, selling 1 hour of mid level leech can buy 1 hour of leech for 3~4 characters and you can rush it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    multimage is always going to be an viable option, not only viable, but OP.
    I don't think you can go wrong doing 4 mages, but maps who's receiving more mages than that are getting nerfed, so i don't recommend more than this

• Like Like x 1
  19. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    i'm not making fun of you, i just want to point what you can do if you take a break from normal activies, each one have their own priority and im not boasting myself, leveling is just alot of braindead playtime.
    My whole point is about how you didn't supposed to use your numbers like this, i can't play 15 minutes per day and blame staff for making endgame achieveable only in 3 years, understand?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1