1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The State of Maplelegends Economy 0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornwall, May 17, 2023.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:05 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yeah it's not a "profitable" venture imo just investing into everything like that. But not losing mesos is still a monetary incentive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    9:05 AM
    Endorphins
    The state of Maplelegends Economy:
    Bad.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:05 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It isn’t if you can convert those mesos through labor in order to produce coins, which is what many people are doing. As long as the yield is higher than market rate, your mesos are being preserved efficiently. Mesos have utility in game too.

4. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    7:05 AM
    Btw, this might sound stupid but what's considered as a good state of economy?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is not a stupid question, and actually something that is very subjective and varies depending on who you ask. I personally like the economy the most when it is the most active. I could care less about the prices that things are selling at as long as there are many, many buyers and sellers engaging in the economy.

This means that you could farm some scrolls, list them at the average selling price, and have most of them be sold overnight.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:05 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    This implies an active userbase in all aspects and facets of the game as not all items are sought after endgame. Currently, without a strong impulse i would assume there are few newcomers and mostly people focusing on lategame and endgame.

Or we could find another way or reason to keep the market in all aspects active :) (how idk)

7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:05 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    why are we still thinking in meso terms when most of the economy is not

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    The economy is good when there are people actively selling and buying all the weird stuff I wanna sell and buy... like high level mage equips. The other factor is ease of making mesos, and I mean relatively good mesos. If I can't make good mesos just farming scrolls, something is wrong.