1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Luu's Journey to a Main

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Luu, Jul 16, 2023.

1. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:10 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    there is one in showa that is rng, but it's 50 Teddy cotton, or 25 something like that, from Sakura.. in my pally I got a 30 wand, I saw some GFA 60 by 1.2m, if you sell that there are other quests that are worth it

2. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    7:10 PM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Yeah, and that'll be convenient because I'm already in Ludi.

Also, unrelated to this, I realize that I'm a moron and when I hit +15 INT on the bathrobe, I should have just finished it with 3 100% scrolls rather than risk another 70% (and consequently blow the thing up). Something to keep in mind for next time, I suppose.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 7

Apparently there's a convenient quest that I had lying around that gets a profitable scroll that I could quickly do (just requires killing some Genins) as per the earlier discussion here, so did that quickly before fully embarking on the grind.

Gotta say, that map was awful. Don't care how efficient it is killing those things; navigating that map is the worst.

Managed to hit level 31, then called it a night due to feeling a bit tired.

4. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Session 8

Back at the grind. In hindsight naming this character "LuuLeech" seems to have been an error, given that odds are I probably won't be selling leech with this character. Oh well, I'm sure at some point in the future this will bother me enough to change the name. Until then, grinding. Hit level 33 (and died twice) before deciding to stop for now. Will probably resume again later tonight.

5. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Don't forget to buy safety charms in the shop! :)

I like the name "LuuLeech", it has a nice charm to it!

Plus, once you finally decide to level it to 120, and start selling leech - it'll be absolutely perfect :)

6. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Heh, fair enough. Guess I'll keep the name.

Session 9

More grinding. Gonna be nice once I can move over to Chronos and actually do notable damage to them, because killing more than one enemy at once is sure gonna accelerate things. Managed to hit level 34; tried self-leeching again but still not really any more productive than just grinding myself. Also grabbed a cheap maple staff just so I have a little bit more magic attack. Like, real cheap.

7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:10 AM
    Personally, I enjoy grinding at Monkey Forest II on Zombie Lupins when Heal is close to max. Nice music, scenery and monkey cries.

Can collect Cursed Dolls for quests, totalling to 243k experience points. For context, it’s a full level from lv38 to lv39.

Consider giving it a go and see if it suits your style.

8. Tigre

Tigre Red Snail

Feb 13, 2019
    Male
    12:10 AM
    Fighter, Dark Knight, Shadower
    The option is also there to sell the dolls in FM for extra funding also but either way it's a good map for both Hunters and Clerics to train at.

9. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Ooh, good point. I'll have to take a look at that once Heal is a bit more serviceable.

10. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    No session tonight; had to work in the office today.

Also in hindsight I suppose I should have been MP washing this mage character? Honestly I don't care enough about them to try and be all that optimal; as long as they can get enough money my way to provide sufficient funding for the brawler until the brawler can fund itself via bossing, it works for me. That and I'm too lazy to fiddle with things to multi-vote.

11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:10 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I would highly suggest to also vote on the mage as getting to 30k MP will greatly reduce your potion costs. However, it's perfectly fine to start MP washing around level 100 or even a bit later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Ah, fair enough. Looks like I can solve the voting on multiple accounts issue by just breaking out Tor, as slow as it may be, so that's no longer an issue. Good to know that there's no rush there, though.

13. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    You can also multi-vote using your phone (if you have one). I have mine setup with all the Gtop100 links I'm voting on in one folder and the rest in another (to be used later). That way, I turn my Wi-Fi off → click the link → vote → close to tab → airplane mode → repeat with other links to vote on. There's a few guides on the forums about doing this.

14. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I think Pikmin 4 comes out today. That's a game I've been looking forward to for a bit. Ah well; it's not like that game's going anywhere.

And yeah, phone would also work.

Session 10

I've resolved the voting-on-multiple-accounts issue, so I will be MP washing this mage once it actually hits a reasonable level to do so (probably once I transition from using it as a HS mule to something I use to earn money on the side, such as selling leech). In the meantime, grinded to level 37; being able to grind by hitting multiple enemies at once (Chronos with heal) sure was an improvement. Also, when you're grinding with heal, using magic guard is actually a bad decision, because HP damage is negligible (unless you're being one-shot).

Also, I checked and it seems those overall armor INT 10% scrolls go for 2 million or so rather than 1, so honestly I think at this point I'm better off just buying something pre-scrolled. Sure, it'll cost me something upwards of 100 million, but at this point I don't feel like wasting another 20 million just to have something blow up on me. Save that for the things that actually matter, y'know?

I'unno. Maybe contemplate it more once I actually have some money again.

That and I'm pretty sure the odds of me actually being given anything by standing around and begging are less than zero. Besides, the mage doesn't actually need it, and the Bucc isn't even created yet. The impatience of not having that gear (especially after coming so close and then throwing it all away) is getting to me, but it's not like there's any reason to be impatient. After all, the total voting I'mma have to do for all of this is gonna take almost 2 years to pull off. 2 years!

Either that or I can't do math.

15. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    If you're not blowing up equips. with your scrolling adventures, then you're not scrolling hard enough :)

Seriously though - if you have the $$$ to scroll, it may make sense to instead buy some leech to level up faster. At higher levels, it gets easier to make money. You're approaching the sweetspot of GS2, where you'll essentially be able to grind for free - but I'd save up some cash to buy leech once you outgrow GS2. From there ya should be able to rocket this character to 120 where the real profit comes in!

Disclaimer: I'm an big advocate for leech

16. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Yeah, you're probably right. Better to get this character to a high enough level that they can actually make some amount of money, rather than this weird piecemeal approach that I'm taking where I take the little bit that comes in and try to translate it to equips. If I recall, it's... get this character to priest, max out HS, then pay for leech until level 120. Or something like that.

How much does that much leeching go for, anyway?

Then I assume it's just get genesis, try to max that out, and then sell leech on my own at whatever I can consistently one-shot with genesis.

17. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Remember, a 120 bishop is the best character in the game for self-leeching your fresh new buccaneer :)

The most "optimal" route would be to grind Ghost Ship 2 until level 75 (for Wolf Spiders) or level 82 (for Vikerolas) then buy leech from there! From 100 to 110 you can self-grind gallos, then back to leech! As that's when you can start leveling up really fast with leech. Please note that "optimal" is also "poke-your-eyes-out-monotonous", so proceed at your own risk :)

90 to 120 in leech should be around 150m. Much of that cost you should be able to cover from the gachas you collect grinding (and not having to buy pots) at gs2.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-krythans-leech-buying-guide.48954/

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  18. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Unfortunately, merely changing what I'm killing does not change the monotony, so just sitting in one place and spamming heal for 30 levels is... honestly probably more convenient because I don't have to pay as much attention.

Seriously, I've spent enough time mindfully grinding levels 30-70 on mage characters collectively over the span of me playing this game to have reached level 120 by now. Even here, reached over level 50 twice on I/Ls that did nothing but grind at suboptimal locations. I will have done that a third time before moving over to GS2.

Anything to speed this up.

Anything.

19. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Ha ha ha ha. Allow me to introduce you to leech ;) It's a whole new sort of grind, especially once you start selling!

20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:10 AM
    Other than a Staff/Wand, I think magician don’t actually need anything else. INT robe is a luxury at this point.

But if you are looking for a budget one, perhaps 10-15 INT bathrobe, assuming 100% scrolls at 1mil each, 70% and 10% scrolls at 2mil each, and the cost of bathrobes is negligible, here are your options:

10 INT - 10x 100% at 10mil

11 INT - 1x 70%, 9x 100% at around 12mil expected cost

12 INT - 2x 70%, 8x 100% at around 15mil expected cost

13 INT - 3x 70%, 7x 100% at around 20mil expected cost

14 INT - 4x 70%, 6x 100% at around 27mil expected cost
    OR - 1x 10%, 9x 100% at around 29mil expected cost

15 INT - 5x 70%, 5x 100% at around 38mil expected cost
    No 10% here because of high deviation from the first slot of 20mil, so expect about 1 or more +20mil due to low sample size if you want to use 10%.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1