1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Current PQ population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thechild, Aug 2, 2023.

1. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    3:42 AM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Hello mooplers,

This has been an ongoing issue with trying to find enough participants for the likes of LPQ, EPQ, OPQ, and so on. There should be enough players able to reach the minimum requirements for each PQ; however, there are times that some PQs are empty and there is not a soul for a while. Usually, the wait takes a toll and people leave, which dampens the issue and causes more frustration when recruiting. Not sure if there is anything we can add to the PQs to make them more desirable besides adding more rare items on top of the ones you can already receive. I am sure others feel frustration when they want to have an alternative to grinding away their levels but are unable to at times when there aren't enough participants.

What do you all think?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    8:42 AM
    Server is just top heavy level wise and doesn't have a real big influx of new players to keep PQs active, you do see them relatively active during events but otherwise yeah it's only really when you smega or get guildees to help ( or get lucky and someone is leveling mules) kinda is what it is and I'm not sure there's much on terms of "solving" an issue like it as it's more an issue with population stagnation, imo and that's an intensely complex and far reaching topic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    12:42 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I've found trying to PQ when we don't have an active event is a struggle, and feels it's progressively gotten worse over the last year even during peak hours of peak days. I've been hoping for the PQ revamp/overhaul I've heard about, because PQing in the current state feels like garbage. Grinding and leech are basically always more effective, all of the PQ items can be replaced by other items at a rapid rate and relatively easily, and the time investment into PQing for the rewards don't add up. Hopefully BT & Staff have something for us on this, because until they do, I feel like the PQ situation is just going to get worse.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It's kind of ironic that this is the state we are in.

Staff refused to add Carnival Party Quest because it would "kill LPQ". This is because CPQ is just more efficient than LPQ.

However, due to maplelegends custom gachapon implementation, most players on the server have realized that killing monsters and getting gachapon is a far better deal than running any PQ.

So now, because people have realized that killing monsters (even snails in maple island with basic attack) results in faster progression than running PQ, all the PQs are basically dead.

To bring back PQ, it probably needs to give a reward on par with gachapon / prestigious coin.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:42 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yeah there shouldn't be an issue with pq mobs dropping some ticket that can be turned in. drop rates and all that can be adjusted anyway + it incentivizes non afk

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    3:42 PM
    The rewards gotta be buffed further for sure. Right now the only reward that can last for a while is the epq earring.

I feel the opq glove should be buffed to at least 4-5 wa and the mpq pendant should be buffed to 10+ stats at least considering how tedious those pqs are. Similar to how the lord pirate hat (a much easier pq) got a significant buff from +5 to +16 all stat.

7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    What are the thoughts on: PQs are tweaked such that 4th job, or characters after lv120, are able to participate in any PQ with a fraction of their strength to match the PQ respectively.

I think the PQ rewards are decent enough to motivate me to get and scroll.

Not sure how difficult it is to implement on the technical side.

8. Laaghisce

Laaghisce Slime

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Vien
    Bishop
    Funk
    There's always increasing the exp rewards and/or reducing the times needed to get PQ-exclusive items. But then I realized that'd just speedrun people out of the PQ level range and get exclusive stuff faster, which wouldn't change anything or make PQs more empty... :hungover:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    3:42 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I did LPQ last October to the point of being able to acquire the glasses, and I'll be honest, the whole thing just felt... repetitive and pointless. The rewards are mediocre, the effort required to even get a party together was a pain (more often than not you're stuck waiting on some specific job), and the whole experience of actually doing the damn thing really just amounted to a lot of climbing.

I don't think that really solves the problem without some sort of incentive for players of a higher level to actually go and do an LPQ run compared to doing... literally anything else someone that level could do. MMOs usually solve this through some sort of specific reward for higher-level players to go and do lower-level party quests, but those games also usually require you to do so through an automatic party finder that doesn't let you game the system by doing them solo (with mules) or with preexisting parties. Additionally, they're usually not limited in how many parties can be attempting the party quest at one time.

Maybe some sort of repeatable quest, perhaps daily, that players of a high enough level can do that requires you to do however-many lower-level party quests (maybe just a randomly selected one) with some sort of decent reward? I just don't think that would result in anything other than people just muling the thing and doing the run solo, or with guild members.

It's a hard system to balance around, because you want to encourage people to do the party quest, but not so much that people go out of their way to farm it for rewards. Then of course you just have the problem of... well, this:

It's a hard balance to strike, to make it so that characters in the level range of a party quest could be just as effectively making experience/money doing a party quest as they could from grinding, but not making so much that they would benefit from keeping characters artificially within that range to exploit the party quest for profit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    No more stuff added to bonus maps at least, please. LPQ and OPQ bonus are so bad due to platforming and how the items disperse from the boxes with limited time. I'm more of a fan of point systems with daily/weekly caps as an alternative to straight up drops, but I'm game to try anything over the current setup.

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:42 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Well, there’s no 1 size fits all. But at least that will encourage players who think similarly like me to participate. The PQs will never be tweaked to the point to attract those groups of players anyway.

Those eye glasses, earrings and gloves look like something some players might want to obtain, given how expensive the tradeable alternatives (spectrum goggles/racc masks, element pierce, att/tma gloves) are right now. I see it as a way to reliably obtain them with respect to time in exchange for untradeability.

13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    o true i forgot about bonus stage. was only thinking in terms of pq mobs that are limited in number or there'll be something like farming ligators in kpq

14. Isomeride

Isomeride King Slime

Jun 29, 2023
    8:42 AM
    I find it strange that only mobs in OPQ would drop nx but not mobs in any other PQ (to the best of my observation as a new player, so could be wrong).

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think all mobs drop nx and gach, but like how common:rare gach is distributed, common nx is 100 and 250 while rare nx is 500 and 750.

16. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    Resonate really hard with this - got my broken glasses today and this was almost exactly my experience.
    I imagine it's something that could also vary depending on timezone - I'm GMT+8 (East Asia) and the only times I could PQ were early morning or late at night. Regardless, there's currently just enough people at LPQ to make getting glasses possible, but about 20-25% of our members were often pulled from Ellin Forest because they could never get a party together to make EPQ actually work.

I think having the glasses requirement be 25 instead of 35 is helpful, though. And the difficulty of getting parties together encourages guilds and socializing amongst the community

17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:42 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  18. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    1:42 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    So nerf HS, nerf leeching, and all grinding/bossing, and gachapon in the game to make PQ's better. That's a hard pass

19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:42 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    We know you'd be happier playing highrate, that's OK.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Out of curiosity, how would you feel about nerfing multimage, multidk, multileech, muling, multiattacking, high wash characters, beginner mage, sub 10 man ht, sub 30 man pb, and perfect weapons in favor of making the mid-game experience better?