1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leisure Journey of Refinements

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:51 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  2. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    1:51 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    you're wonderful MapleF14
    I'll try to send you some mesos sometime.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:51 PM
    Thanks! I think I’m doing pretty good. You’ll need it more for your project.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    A quick gear update!

I was bidding on a 5/5 Spectrum Goggles with my current offer of 280 Prestigious Coins with the auto-win at 400 Coins. However, based on past observations, it seems like the seller tends to drag out the sale over weeks or months.

Initially, my decision to purchase the 5/5 goggles was to fill the missing STR for my newly scrolled Ravana Helmet.

ljr36-1.png

But then, another 2/6 goggles became available, and the seller was willing to sell them immediately for 300 coins, which I had offered. It just so happens that I'm missing 2 DEX for my current goal, that I had intended to fill that gap with a 6 DEX Green Pirate Blouse and a 19 DEX Green Pirate Skirt. These items require an incredibly lucky scrolling process and are notoriously difficult to obtain.

ljr36-2.png

ljr36-3.png

About two months ago, I had attempted to bid on a similar 2/6 goggles, but the price went beyond what I felt was reasonable, reaching 375 coins. I decided to pass on that opportunity.

So, given the two scenarios mentioned above, this purchase was justifiable. And with that, I'm now down 300 coins, which means my Prestigious Coins goal is almost reset to zero. sweatmush

ljr36-4.png

With the new 2/6 goggles, I'm at the satisfying 75 STR mark for the Dragon Khanjar and 155 DEX for an NT dagger, without the need for Gloves to provide DEX, and I have the option to equip a Reverse/Timeless dagger with Gloves to provide 5 DEX.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:51 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As dex is worth a lot more than STR on spectrum goggles, I'd say getting the 2/6 for 300 coins is a pretty good deal

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    This was meant to be posted before the server maintenance, but I was exhausted and chose to go to sleep instead. I may have forgotten some of the things I wanted to write.

In any case, I want to provide an overall update before the event to have a clear picture of what I might want to do next.

Ravana ETCs Sold:

2,639 Banana Peels
    8,578 Monkey Dolls
    Meso Earned: 92,790,750
    PCoins Earned: 5

While the sale of Monkey Dolls and Banana Peels had slowed down, I am expecting a rise in demand after the Halloween patch due to the changes in Ravana entry requirement and the increased Mysterious Coin Pouch droprate from bosses during the event. If sales go well, I will spend much of my time farming for dolls and peels to ramp up my wealth during this period for that sweet 25 mil meso/hr.

Materials Collected (/ goal):

42 Double Gold Knives (/ 50) - 84%
    1,040 Dragon Spirits (/ 1,000) - 104%
    1,158 Dragon Scales (/ 1,250) - 92.64%
    299 Power Crystal Ores (/ 2,500) - 11.96%
    1,029 DEX Crystal Ores (/ 1,500) - 68.6%
    50 Dagger Forging Stimulators (/ 50) - 100%

ljr37-3.png

I'm almost done collecting all the materials I need for crafting, except for the Power Crystal Ores. I had the idea of using the heal skill at Jr. Wraiths to speed up the process, so I tried it for about an hour to see if it's viable. While I did manage to collect 82 ores, it seems like farming in other places for meso to purchase them might be a more efficient way to go.

To stay motivated, I like to have multiple purposes when doing repetitive grinds. In the case of farming DGP, I can collect Power Crystal Ores for my dagger crafting, have a chance to obtain the equipment I'm looking for, and maintain a very reliable source of income. However, since I no longer need to scroll for extra DEX, I believe it's time to change my location.

Wealth Status (/ goal):
    1,100 mil meso (/ 2,000 mil) - 55%
    20 Prestigious Coins (/ 1,000 pc) - 2%
    115 Common Gachapon (/ 250 gach) - 46%
    25 Rare Gachapon

ljr37-2.png

With the new purchase of 2/6 goggles, it opens up my existing 2/4 goggles for sale. Since the STR is the same, it doesn't provide the option for switching stats around.

My wealth goals are somewhat at odds with my gear goals, as acquiring new gear often involves spending my wealth. I aim to keep around 1.2 bil worth of meso and Prestigious Coins on hand in case a 32wa Dragon Khanjar becomes available for sale. Therefore, I'm temporarily setting aside major scrolling projects until my wealth exceeds 2 bil worth.

As I was mentioning a change in my next farming location, my plan is to farm for Dagger ATT 30% scrolls at Nightghosts. Any other valuable scrolls will be sold to purchase crafting materials, and the opportunity to obtain BWG from tail exchange will go towards making a 14wa. Additionally, I hope this location will drop a good amount of gachapons, getting me closer to my goal of 250 common gachapons in total.

ljr36-4.png

I'm currently in a highly satisfied state with my Shadower's gear. While buying 2/6 goggles for the extra 2 DEX is more expensive than scrolling the Green Pirate Blouse and Skirt, the significant difference in time investment makes up for it. Scrolling these items is entirely dependent on luck, whereas I have a consistent method for generating meso.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a Reverse/Timeless dagger, which is now possible, but it does seem extremely expensive. While I might give it a shot with a few attempts, I'll likely not commit to it after a certain amount of failures.

While I don't feel the need to further upgrade my DEX with my current gear, I might want to take up the challenge of increasing it by 5 more points, achieving 160 DEX without relying on cape and gloves. To do this, I'll need to focus on upgrading my thief top, bottom, helmet, and possibly shoes, as these pieces are still some distance away from costing me 1 bil meso each. In contrast, earrings, face, or eye accessories would cost over 1 bil meso each for any further upgrades.

This also opens up the possibility of using Reverse/Timeless gloves, which would provide a decent boost for my Shadower, taking advantage of the stats they offer.

ljr37-1.png

Lastly, a thank you to RemiIiaRemiIia for the boost. Although this amount may seem small to some, we've seen how a mil meso can be properly utilised, turning it into 2 bil in a month or two. I'm not going to do it again, but nothing is certain.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  7. Ian321

Ian321 Blue Snail

Oct 9, 2023
    When do you think you will scrolls the kanzirs? I'm hoping to buy one of your failures :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  8. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Likely after Halloween event. What range of attack are you looking for? I think 124-125wa are currently going for 300-500mil.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ian321

Ian321 Blue Snail

Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks for the reply, probably around 122-124 attack. Nice journals, I just read through Rags to Riches to get my maple fix while the server is down!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    The Halloween event has begun, but unfortunately, the event raffle prizes are lacking White Scrolls, Chaos Scrolls, and coin pouches. This means there's no incentive for me to spend time on raffles. I'm not interested in participating in any party quests, so it feels like the event doesn't offer much for me.

ljr38-1.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    3,635 Banana Peels
    9,322 Monkey Dolls
    20 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 109,755,750
    Sunbursts Meso Earned: 16,965,000

On the bright side, the changes in Ravana entry requirements and the supposed increase in pouch drop rates during the event seem to have boosted the sales of my dolls, peels, and Sunbursts.

ljr38-2.png

Speaking of increased pouch drop rates, it's been disappointing. After four Ravana runs, I haven't seen a single pouch, and for the first time, there was no Ravana doll drop… PUI! OnionSmoking

ljr38-3.png

Bishop leveled up to lv183.

ljr38-4.png

Received an 85 coins offer for my 2/4 goggles during the maintenance, which I promptly sold after the server reset upon going live. It's a slightly lower price than what I initially bought for, but I got a decent deal for the 2/6 goggles, so it's not a significant concern.

Given that there isn't much for me in the event, I'll focus on farming dolls and peels, with a mix of DGPs and Nightghosts, working toward crafting 50 Dragon Kanzirs.

11. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I've decided to continue farming at Dual Ghost Pirates because of its consistency. The raw meso and selling drops at NPC prices easily exceed 11 mil meso/hr.

ljr39-1.png

60 mins with Bishop + Shadower at DGP:
    3.6 mil raw meso
    7.8 mil meso from drops
    54 Power Crystal Ores ~1.6 mil
    Total Meso: 13 mil -> 13 mil/hr
    47 equip drops in 60 mins -> 1 drop every 1 min 17 sec

Here's the amount of ETCs dropped for your reference if you ever decide to farm here. But also keep in mind I'm a Shadower, so there's Pickpocket to boost raw meso drops.

ljr39-2.png

2,847 Propellers.

So far, all the earnings I've shown are at NPC prices, and can usually expect more due to drops like Green Pirate Blouses, Skirts, and Red Pirate Boots.

ljr39-3.png

ljr39-4.png

I've sold two 4/3 Boots for 6 mil each, some 4/2 or 3/3 for 2-3 mil each, and 4/1 or 3/2 for 1 mil each.

ljr39-5.png

ljr39-6.png

ljr39-7.png

Perfect Blouses and Skirts/Pants can fetch 3-5 mil each.

So on average, it can be close to 14-15 mil/hr, and that's excluding any gacha or scroll drops, which aren't very common. This has become one of my favorite location to farm due to very little reliance on RNG.

ljr39-8.png

Lastly, 6 raffle pulls from my 1-hour farming session.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Many short sessions of activities over the weekends.

The sale of dolls and peels has slowed down, which I'm actually okay with since farming them isn't fun, although I did earn over 140 mil meso from selling them, not counting the Sunbursts. Right now, it feels more like passive income.

ljr40-8.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    4,843 Banana Peels
    9,856 Monkey Dolls
    20 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 129,990,000

I won't be updating my dolls and peels sales as frequently in future entries to keep them shorter and easier to write.

Also farmed the usual Dual Ghost Pirates for Power Crystal Ores and meso. Think this will be the last time I record my earnings from DGP, so I won't be keeping track anymore and will just casually farm them whenever I feel like it.

ljr40-7.png

88 mins with Bishop + Shadower at DGP:
    5.4 mil raw meso
    9.2 mil meso from drops
    80 Power Crystal Ores ~2.4 mil
    Total Meso: 17 mil -> 11.59 mil/hr
    47 equip drops in 60 mins -> 1 drop every 1 min 52 sec

This session didn't drop as much equipment, but it's still under 2 minutes per drop.

ljr40-9.png

Additionally, got a 4/3 Red Pirate Boots drop, which can easily sell for 6 mil meso, making this session actually more than 15 mil/hr.

ljr40-1.png

ljr40-2.png

ljr40-6.png

Also sold a few other boots from previous sessions for 1 to 3 mil each.

A brief update on my material collection for crafting: I'm almost done collecting everything I need, except for the Power Crystal Ores. I still need to gather around 2,000 more of them. At the current rate I'm collecting, I'll need about 40 hours of farming Dual Ghost Pirates to reach my goal.

ljr40-10.png

Materials Collected (/ goal):
    42 Double Gold Knives (/ 50) - 84%
    1,040 Dragon Spirits (/ 1,000) - 104%
    1,235 Dragon Scales (/ 1,250) - 98.8%
    557 Power Crystal Ores (/ 2,500) - 22.28%
    1,500 DEX Crystal Ores (/ 1,500) - 100%
    53 Dagger Forging Stimulators (/ 50) - 106%

Even though I could easily purchase the ores, I've chosen to farm them because I'm still hoping for some perfect Green Pirate Blouses and Skirts to drop. Plus, the farming process is very satisfying, with equipment dropping every 1-2 minutes at a good rate. The rotation isn't too difficult either, making it a therapeutic experience.

ljr40-3.png

Went for Ravana runs, and both dropped a pouch, which opened up to 4 coins.

ljr40-5.png

ljr40-4.png

Also had one of the run without any dolls, which is quite unusual and not something I'm happy about. This never happened before the Halloween event patch, and now it has occurred twice. Perhaps because I'm not running Ravana enough for it to happen.

And finally, a wealth update.

Wealth Status (/ goal):
    1,196 mil meso (/ 2,000 mil) - 59.8%
    109 Prestigious Coins (/ 1,000 pc) - 10.9%
    130 Common Gachapon (/ 250 gach) - 52%
    27 Rare Gachapon

I'm eagerly anticipating those gacha pulls, with 120 commons to go! My meso is still steadily increasing even without any gacha, so I'll keep my expectations low and treat it as a bonus.

These will likely be the sequence of events for the next one or two months:

- collect 2,500 Power Crystal Ores from Dual Ghost Pirates
    - farm Dagger Att 30% scrolls from Nightghosts/Big Cloud Foxes
    - craft 50 Dragon Kanzirs
    - collect 250 common gachapon tickets
    - pull all gachapon tickets
    - attempt to scroll 12wa Blue Anelin
    - attempt to scroll some daggers

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Ravana ETCs Sold:
    6,143 Banana Peels
    10,293 Monkey Dolls
    20 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 143,676,000

ljr41-1.png

I woke up to find my peels almost sold out, so I decided to farm some more. I felt that the Bishop at the bottom lane wasn't efficient, so I tried substituting with an I/L Archmage.

ljr41-2.png

After 10 minutes, I had already farmed more than 500 peels. Additionally, the I/L uses no potions with full mana, which leads to a little extra savings.

ljr41-4.png

After a full 30 minutes, I had gathered 1,561 peels, as compared to the previous 1.3k to 1.4k. This translates to more than 30 mil meso/hr if each peel were to be sold at 10k mesos.

ljr41-5.png

My I/L is using the wand that I had casually scrolled previously. Overall, it's actually quite fun, as the farming style is very similar to my DGP farming, with the Bishop casting Genesis every spawn and the Shadower clearing the bottom lane.

ljr41-6.png

I/L is perfect for the job here. I'd say I'm only achieving about 80% efficiency because I was getting used to the rotation in the beginning. However, the bottom lane can be easily cleared out every cycle, and if I can map clear every cycle, I think it's possible to farm up to 1.8k+ peels per 30 minutes.

ljr41-3.png

Notice that Niao is leeching as well? If you want to see her progress, you know what to do; clear those peels, so I'll have to farm more, which then leads to more leeching. ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr42-1.png

Another big thanks to Raphiel RemiIiaRemiIia for the generous weekly allowance. Perhaps you wana have some of my gamer-girl's bathwater?

ljr42-5.png

While I was brought up with the saying, "There is no such thing as a free lunch," I've grown to never reject any kind of free lunch. So I'll gladly accept any gift and not owe anything. smilemush

Also, the above first image may seem unusual because I was playing on my work laptop, which was running a Linux OS. I spent the whole morning hardworking, setting it up before I went for a satisfying lunch, so it was a very productive day.

ljr42-2.png

A large chunk of dolls got sold, so I'll need to find time to farm more of them to restock.

It's still going pretty well. At this point, I might just go full-on dolls and peels farming and never be poor again. Gotta make the most of the event while players are actively engaging in Ravana runs due to the "increased drop rate" of pouches.

ljr42-3.png

Did two Ravana runs myself and didn't get any pouches, making it 2 out of 8 runs with pouch drops since the beginning of the event. It doesn't seem to be going well thus far.

ljr42-4.png

Finally, I ended the day with 8 event raffle pulls, possibly the worst event raffle I've ever encountered in the history of ML's events, or at least in my experience.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    1:51 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    sending you some rose petals for your bathwater~
    rose.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    ljr43-3.png

Ravana ETCs Sold:
    7,321 Banana Peels
    12,303 Monkey Dolls
    20 Sunbursts
    ETCs Meso Earned: 174,759,000

The dolls and peels business has become quite profitable, yielding over 200 mil meso’s worth in profits. Now, I'm farming for either dolls or peels for about 20-30 minutes every morning before heading out to work, and I'm still managing to keep up with the stocks.

ljr43-4.png

In case you didn't know, I love animals, as you can probably tell from the numerous monkeys I've interacted with over the past week.

ljr43-5.png

Here's my collection of animal products since the beginning of my ML career. I know I can make Work Gloves with the Leathers, but I've never really gotten into it. There's something inside me that can't bear to part with these skins. I think Stiff Feathers are used for crafting arrows, but I'm not sure what the Soft Feathers can be used for, perhaps some comfy pillows and mattresses.

ljr43-2.png

Here are the rose petals from Raphiel, accompanied by some meso. At this rate, I can probably get by without doing much. Just hunting monkeys and receiving gifts will lead me to eternal wealth.

ljr43-1.png

I received a comb as well. I think in Chinese culture, gifting a comb symbolises health and care, whereas in Japanese culture, it might carry a different meaning of suffering and death. Since I'm Chinese, I'll embrace the positive symbolism, although the comb originated from the lady boss, who is a Japanese character. Thank you once again.

While I'm not very superstitious, I do believe in the influence of positive and negative energy. Maintaining a positive mood before starting any endeavor is more likely to lead to favorable outcomes, while a negative mood can often result in frustration and challenges.

I also place faith in the role of luck. Although randomness is a factor, one can enhance their luck by actively seeking favorable opportunities, which can be achieved through acquiring knowledge. With greater knowledge, you become adept at recognising opportunities that might elude an unaware individual who relies solely on pure randomness.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I'm quite exhausted today and won't be doing any farming.

ljr44-1.png

But this should make up for it.

ljr44-2.png

Also, this shield seems familiar.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    10:51 AM
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    I don't know what it is with these scrolls but I find them very cheap on the regular. might be the massive prince range gap between a 60% GFA to a 70%. it's probably the biggest price jump beteen 60% to 70% of all scrolls.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    You can accumulate more than 1 bil meso in a month by merching "full-time" in FM, excluding any form of scrolling, following these steps:
    • Do a full market scan every 6-12 hours to identify uncommon items you wouldn't owl frequently.
      • Very beneficial if you know the value of scrolled items and sentimental items.
      • Items like WA capes, TMA gloves, and some uncommon scrolled weapons.
      • Helpful to record the stats and prices of items as you encounter them in the beginning for your reference.

• Create a personal heat-map of deals and perform a heat-map scan every 1-4 hours, as many players tend to open shops in similar rooms.
      • Can deploy characters to camp in hot rooms if you wish.
      • Employ backward search; room 22 -> 18, 17 -> 13, and 12 -> 7. This routine helps you discover newer shops first.
      • Unfortunately, this is somewhat taking advantage of newer players. If you feel bad about it, you can always choose to share the profits. For me, if it's a mage, I usually gift them scrolled elemental wands.

• Whenever you encounter an under-priced scroll that is still somewhat valuable but not one you would normally owl frequently, owl it.
      • There might be a sudden change in pricing trends that you can capitalise on for a short period before the price returns to normal.
      • As a general guideline, buy at 70% or below the market price and resell quickly at 85-90%.
      • More than 50% of the time, your buyers will be your local scroll hoarders/sweepers who then resell at a marked up prices. You can use this situation to your advantage.
    The more you engage in this process, the more intuition you'll develop, reducing the effort required to increase your chances of encountering profitable deals. I don't do this "full-time" anymore; just casually spend a few minutes merching from time to time to earn some extra meso.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey peeps, you might or might not have known I'm doing some dumbass card collection challenge, so it's definitely taking up some of my progress time here.

But I'm still progressing this as usual, restocking dolls and peels, providing a decent source of income. Because it's the same thing as the last few posts, I didn't put much attention into taking screenshots or whatsoever. So, a brief update: I'm almost reaching 1.3 bil meso. I need to collect about 1800-ish Power Crystal Ores.

The most exciting part I'm looking forward to is the 250 common gacha pulls, which I’m currently at 142, and all the rares are going to be bonuses.

Anyway, the card collection challenge provides a fun alternative, and I'm excited to "unlock" new maps each time. It's also enjoyable to "unlock" items by having to first acquiring them from the game environment before being able to trade for them from other players.

The main reason for participating in the challenge is that I've always wanted to try a warrior class but never had the motivation. This challenge provides an opportunity as it doesn't limit character growth like the asslock, and they are currently looking to add new areas into the osslock challenge, because it’s obviously not fun!

• Great Work Great Work x 3