1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly colored letters thread where we discuss the diversity of classes at our disposal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:11 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Time for some meaningless metrics. If I did them right then they probably won't be that controversial either.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single Target DPS - Might be a controversial one because my opinions are heavily based on Horntail and the damage possible while under stress(I didn't consider this to be the case for Corsairs because they tend to play to their strengths). In less stressful environments the archers and DKs improve while in more stressful environments Corsairs lose damage.

Cleave Potential - The potential to deal a lot of damage to a lot of parts all at once. Zakum Arms, Horntail, CWKPQ bosses, and everyday mobs are considered for cleave potential.

Training - The speed at which a person can expect to level killing various mobs.

Low Level Bossing - Zakum/Scarlion/Pianus/Papulatus/Krexel/Ravanna and half a dozen other bosses I can't really remember. Pretty simple bosses that don't take much effort, and killing them is simple enough.

Horntail - Probably one of the most important aspects to understanding most classes, and I'd put its importance high up there for understanding the balance between everyone.

Neo-Tokyo - Likely the counter to Horntail, and if you feel mediocre in one then at least the other one has you covered for end game bossing. With the buffs to drops it's now more worth it than ever to kill these bosses.

Survive-ability - How well a class can survive. Really the figure can change to anything you want it to be via HP washing, except for Dark Knights who cap at 16,500 HP when all is said and done. It's mostly based off of baseline HP/casual washing numbers.

Party Buffs - What skills the individual classes can offer the party. SE/HS are the obvious big ones, with HB/SI also being major factors.

Solo Play - How well a class can do on their own, without anyone buffing them and without any mules.

Currently Buccaneers are likely the worst off out of all the classes and could likely use a major buff. I can't really name anything where a bucc is the premier choice to bring especially when mules are options anywhere now, even in Horntail. It would probably help if the delay to Barrage and Dragon Strike were taken away completely, they were lowered but it still turned out that Barrage + Dragon Strike was still better than Barrage - delay - Barrage. They also need stance that is active rather than passive and probably a small increase in damage overall to get dragged out of the mule pit.

I think most other classes are balanced for the most part. Some shine more than others but for the most part they all have strengths and drawbacks.

How badly did I do? Leave scathing reviews below on which classes got scammed out of letter grades.

• Like x 8
    • Funny x 4
    • Great Work x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Where's the "fun to play" category tho?

fyi I'm a semi-casual player and I haven't hit endgame yet so I don't have much to say, but nice chart!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:11 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    lol it's probably hard to rate fun because everyone's idea of fun is different!

bowmasters most fun class just saying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    hmmmmm that feeling when you chose NL for your non-bossing, solo play quest character lol. Oh well I'm having fun OnionBlush
    Cool to see your opinions on this, I love this kind of visual data. Thanks for sharing SlimeSmile

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    That feeling when you main the worst horntail class.

Imo, corsair has the WORST survivability in the game. Yes, we have SLIGHTLY more HP than NL/Archer, but our avoid is SOOO much less.

Corsair survivability should be D, or at least C-. It is certainly less than nightlord.

As for NT, I would argue that corsair is S tier along with paladin. Other than dunas, I don't think any nightlord can white a corsair (assuming similar gear).

And lets be real, who in their right mind would want to fight dunaids?

7. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I gave Sairs a slight edge in Survive-ability because they get a very slight amount of extra HP over Night Lords and Bowmen, but accounting for avoid NLs should probably be at B- or B. I'm not really sure if there's a big difference between surviving on a Bowman vs. a Sair, the avoid is probably better than the small amount of HP overall. It's really close between the two.

I probably shouldn't put Sairs below Arch Mages for HT either, they can do better than them it's just a giant pain and fairly complicated. If the bishop is able to 1ko wyverns then there isn't much of a reason to bring AM unless cleave is lacking.

I'm also a Night Lord hater overall and for solo play they should be higher, especially with Flash Jump helping them get around much quicker. The damage isn't completely awful either, just very noodle-armed, so it's probably a C+ if I were honest with myself.

Shads are S-tier survive-ability when it comes to seduce in HT but they still are fairly squishy with only minimal washing, but the 1/1's not being deadly for them if pet fails/forget to pot also helps a ton. In most other cases I still think a warrior is better off with their pools of HP.

Threaten is probably on par with Rage, maybe even slightly better with bears around, but haste from NLs isn't as useful as either.

Arch Mages were also probably treated too harshly, their single target isn't on par with a bishop's and they can be half-decent in low level bosses with Paralyze and Chain-Lightning, but that's definitely not why they were made.

v2 time with slight changes.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Bandit training sucks ass until 70, after which it's fast but gimmicky and expensive and requires more focus than other jobs.
    Paladin training sucks until 120. 70-120 is especially grueling because you'll be using the lvl 10 warrior skills where all other warriors have new skills at that point. White Knights also need to train at out of the way spots like Vikings to use their buffs optimally, so WKs are less likely to find training parties at optimal spots.
    I/L and F/P are both very very nice for solo play, IMO the best in the game in that department. They have tankiness, damage, and mobility all built into their kit. The only thing they need is Holy Symbol, and not more than any other job except when selling leech.
    I/L should absolutely be higher than F/P in terms of training though because pre-70, F/P training is absolutely brutal. I/L, on the other hand, is smooth sailing in all 4 jobs.

9. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    8:11 AM
    Crusader
    Paladins can potentially be A or A- for single target if you include bosses which have elemental weakness, I notice you said Corsairs play to their strengths, in that case a Paladin who fights mainly elemental bosses like Crow, Pianus, Scar/Targa, Neo Tokyo and so will have very high single target.

For Horntail I feel like DKs would be A+ since they have a reserved spot in it, same as Bishops or BM.

Paladins are easily S class for Neo Tokyo, on top of having no issue fighting any of them, they output high damage and don't even have to face tank bosses because of bad range anymore. They're basically the NL with SE in one.

Hero is probably B+ for Neo Tokyo, assuming A is for really good at and not just capable. Heros don't really excel at any end game content, but they do ok anywhere.

Hero party buff should be C-, rage is ok but ultimately easily replaceable. Even if Paladins have just as little utility to offer you at least cannot mimic Threaten.

Definitely think Shads should get an A+ for surviveability. Even with the lower HP pool that's only a concern for things that can straight kill them in one hit. Shifter is super strong and MG doubles up HP and blocks 1/1 deaths, and although assassinate is currently the best method of damage if they would be using B Step they also get the I-frames.

On that note I would also argue Night Lord should be B+ in surviveability. Shifter is honestly just that strong, and they have more Luk since there's no need for strength. What matters the most is if they have enough HP to avoid getting killed in one hit. I'm not sure how far casual washing takes you in that case.

Buccaneer I'm fairly certain have among the highest, if not most single target damage of all the melee classes, not counting Paladins elemental. I've played with many high level Buccs and they output similar if not more DPS as me (assuming similar level + gear). This is also taking into consideration male Buccs are missing a good chunk of DPM due to that demo bug. Not going to say they're A tier but definitely higher than C, at the very least B, probably B+.

On the other hand I feel like their cleave is rather lackluster, I'm not sure on this one since I've never actually compared their cleave damage. I just know they tend to do Barrage -> Dragon Strike and between the animations I don't think it's really that high.

I'd give them a B+, even possibly A for Neo Tokyo. It's highly dependent on what the team compromises of but SI is very helpful for Warriors (and MM), and especially good for a Paladin with a skull. They're also the best Dunas memers behind ranged classes, they can attack out of dispell range with Demo.

Feel free to critique any of these.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Just finished v3 after a long discord discussion but it looks like v4 is on the way
    SeemsGood

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    If ima be real with you chief, hero party buff should be F tier cuz it gets replaced by an item that costs 300 nx cash.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    3:11 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    you should add mobility. and maybe add training and solo play together (though cleave and mobility will give you general idea of how good the class will do in training/solo).

13. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Shads weren't buffed back then... Same boat here lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I totally agree with your chart for the jobs that I've actually played.
    AnnolisAnnolis though should be pretty reliable Intel on this, just saying

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Eventually, I would hope. Right now I'm only good for all classes through 2nd Job. I've only played 75% of the classes into 3rd job up to level 85.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    I'd argue Shads should be higher for lower level bossing because while their 2nd job bossing is nothing special, in 3rd job meso explosion allows shad access to killing bosses at far lower levels than any other class.

Also curious what makes Shads apparently good in NT? All those bosses are single target so I wouldn't expect them to be notable damage dealers. I guess they can actually survive (with HB if no wash) but with washing being a thing so can anyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I think Savage Blow is kinda badass for 2nd job bossing

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Nibergen and dunas cancel or reflect. This lets shads charge assasinafe to get some dpm edge over other classes

19. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    The assassinate changes make them close to warriors in terms of single target damage, smokescreen is very good for rushing through the third body of Vergamot, and as akash said the nature of Dunas and Nibergen means while other classes lose DPM they can make it up by charging.

20. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    8:11 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    how bout cleave potential for cwkpq