1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Card Drop Rate!

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Buttery Bear, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Buttery Bear

Buttery Bear Orange Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    1:25 AM
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom
    I'm sure many people have brought this up or complained about it, but The monster card drop rate is just ridiculously low. Trying to get a single card to drop can take half an hour to drop, and the fact that you need 5 to complete a set just adds insult to injury. I WOULD like to go collecting them, because collecting things is fun, but it just doesn't seem like completing it would be a realistic task within my short lifetime.

My suggestion is to make collecting monster cards much easier! My first thought to achieve this is just increasing their drop rate. Maybe 1 card per 5 minutes, however that's calculated.

Please! I beg you!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    10:25 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Not really,and you can’t really complain infact your dk,just find a priest and abuse his heal and spam roar,I did it a lot of times,just tell them to not pick up the cards and the gachapons,everything else belongs to them,it’s fair :)

oh and about the cards,it’s just luck,I’ve killed kimera or whatever his name 26times and got only 1 card and yea I gave up

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    3:25 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    - u hit the jackpot, i totally feel u on this. I'm using my bsp currently to hunt cards and already i take hours to complete 5 cards.
    - i can only imagine the pain it is for Newcomers w base int (100 base, 200base or pure int for those who aren't mages; gl to warriors especially) to hunt cards. These newcomers has already taken a brave step to wash on their 1st character, now they've to deal w more effort to hunt cards. Right now, It's not a fun process honestly, so Let's change it.

Definitely necessary, I've came across mobs like shrooms, pigs, ribbon pigs that just feels oddly bad drop rate. Right now as we speak, It took me to get 5 ribbon pigs card for 2hrs+ of my time. honestly, we can do better.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom

The fact that my class has a skill that makes farming easier doesn't change the fact that it's still rediculously hard, and I still may complain.
    It's not just luck. The rate of drop is calculated. like 0.00000006%. I would like it to be closer to 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    I’m drk too duh it is change the fact you hit the entire map,bruh you’re just unlucky and again I killed the same boss over 26times at magatia and only 1 card

Just keep spaming roar the cards will come out eventually :)

6. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    for real? cause since monster cards were introduced, I just don't see this happening oftenly whereby a Roar + Heal ever comes tgt.

7. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Did it few days ago with my cousin,tbh we found more gachapons than cards xd

8. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom
    I'm saying collecting cards should be simple and fun for every class, not just DK. Keep in mind, to complete the book you have to collect 5 cards of EVERY monster. that's just unrealistic with how trash the droprates are right now.

You just prove my point how garbage the droprate is. Why don't you want a more realistically easier job collecting the cards?

9. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    that only proves how shitty the rates are till that it only works when u have such a big help from another person.
    - Roar + Heal = OP yes but not everyone is a drk
    - if ur cousin didnt have a cleric, gl w spamming roar.

10. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Welcome to mmorpg v62 maplestory? Everything is hard bro leveling scrolling,mesos farming (well for most of the people)

If it was dropping you cards 1 after 1 by few seconds the game himself will be boring like gms now days,calm bruh I’ve check ranked and you got only 42cards,the first cards feels like forever, but when you hit lv 2~3 ring it will be way faster,yet there is a beginner if you know him lv 101 with ring lv8 or 7 and he has only one attack option to do,yet your ring is lv 0 but trust me you can pass him in no time , your roar is legit the best early farm skill in this game (and I’m not talking about gene/blizzard or meteor)
    Find a priest and abuse the meta.

Well it’s getting late good night :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I strongly disagree with this suggestion. Farming monster book rings are not suppose to be easy, it is a difficult way of gaining HP/stats for those who choose to go for it. The reason the monster book rings were so well received is because it was not a free HP handout. The rings not only provided a way for less-washed players to gain more hp, but the method was still difficult enough that it did not the hp washing that other players labored for.
    Furthermore, if you change the drop rates right now do you not think it would be unfair to the many people who have already farmed T10 rings?
    As someone who has farmed 2 T10 rings, I can tell you the current drop rate is not too far off from 1 card every 5min

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Yes
    Yes x2

13. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    it's 2019, whoever gives a damn about the old player base (no offence, u guys are the reason for the lack of improvements) I've got ppl who've washed and whatnot, they just don't seem to care much about this HP ring issue or making it easier for newcomers. but however u old timers are making it hard.

simply because of it being a fair/unfair act, changes and improves cannot be made/progressed.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom

I never said make it easy. As it is now, it's ridiculously hard. It can still be challenging without feeling hopeless.

And that's pretty funny, considering When I started playing there was NO monster book. So I personally missed out on a lot of content. But I'm not asking for anything to that effect.
    When making improvements to a game, the people who played before the improvements had to put more effort into going around them. It's the natural progression in making improvements. You still have your achievements. Other people getting it won't subtract from you.

Sounds more like you're gatekeeping. More bitter about more people being able to achieve what you feel special for. I understand why you would strongly disagree.

and 5 minutes at MOST, not minimum.

15. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    5:25 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    What if I don't have a cousin?

• Like Like x 2
  16. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    amen brother, easier but not easy is key.

Also what they could do if no changes to the drop rates:
    • Increase Ring Tier stats and, or HP/MP
    Also:
    • Please make it "Unavailable for pickup once the person attempting to loot a card that has already been completed". (allows us to loot our item/etc drops when helping someone and not let the card go to waste)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  17. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    what kind of question is that,force your father to play with you then...

well I should say the obvious right?
    For each 10 brand new mages in this game 7 of them or even 8 will choose to be cleric,not that hard to ask them if they want to pick anything from the ground but gachapons and cards,most of them will say yes,like a guy I met named balloonman,he legit made out 4mil by taking items,gfa60 and more ores while I only took few gachapons and cards (it took an hour to get chronos,masterchronos,tick,and tick tock)

18. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom
    It's pretty ridiculous to require a priest follow you around just so you can collect all the cards at a reasonable time... This is what I mean to make it more realistic for everyone to complete their monster book. (With a good amount of effort, of course.)

19. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    a big fat LOL.

Doubt that since not all mobs drop valuable items. GL finding another sucker (pun intended)

20. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    3:25 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    OP, thank you for your suggestion. Whether this is viable or not will be discussed with our balance team.

Everyone: you are free to disagree or agree with other people's opinions, but please don't discourage a suggestion. This thread - and any other suggestions - shouldn't be argumentative. I don't expect everyone to present their debate with professionalism and logic, but please keep down toxicity.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1