1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Card Drop Rate!

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Buttery Bear, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    4:35 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Yes

2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    So get a bishop and spam gene on snails,I gave you my method because I have a drk too,you had 2 choices

1 : to say thank you,and I will try my self.

2 : keep blaming the server because it’s v62 and it’s hard

3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:35 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    3 : he's free to say no to you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

Buttery Bear Orange Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    7:35 AM
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom

It IS too hard. I'm not blaming the server. The mods did the best with the resources at their disposal. But the server isn't perfect. There's a lot of ways the game can be improved. What do you even think the suggestions threads are for? Just this sort of thing. I want to help the moderators make the game better. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Pls stop

6. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD ITS V62 YO

and here I am trying to help you to get more cards but you keep saying no.

know what? I’m solo player anyway, find your own methods gl bud

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    6:35 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Naise has every single card in the Monster book list. As a DK and doing it mostly solo, and then farming with friends. It honestly wasn’t that bad. To reach tier10 you do NOT need all the cards. You can skip specific cards you do not wish to do. There are also MB farming guides in the forums that are the best spots.

And tbh, DKs have it easy... idk what it is, but dragon roar droprate is op. It’s just some cards are harder than others. it’s fun when you do it with friends.

Make small goals on how many to farm a day, Pick a certain town and farm it up. Farming cards when it released was awesome cuz it was something else to do, instead of bossing and grinding. Some cards droprate is different than other. Most of the endgame mobs droprate is worse than the low level ones.

even a new player can start with farming LOW level mobs and also make mesos by farming cards.
    -equips
    -mesos
    -scrolls
    -miths ores
    a lot of area bosses drops a lot of equips you can NPC.

This tier10 ring is custom and to ML. The 1000hp given helps people NOT add more baseINT if they do NOT want to. 1000hp is a lot. The reward should not be easy to get, if everyone had tier10 it wouldn’t be as unique as it is now. Don’t do it alone all the time. Find people to do it with.

Go at your own pace and have a good
    Time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    You’d be surprised how OP dragon roar + honsters farming cards was...

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I just want to add some perspective to this conversation. I have been farming cards lately and I do agree that it is a huge challenge.

I have spent over 50 hours farming cards so far and from what I have seen, most sets take me about 30 minutes to farm on my corsair.

Some take more , and a few take less, however 30 minutes is about the average. So, that means it would take someone about 150 hours to farm a tier 10 ring. Whether or not this is reasonable is up to debate.

However please do understand that the tier 10 monster book ring is very powerful, 1000 hp and 20 stat for most classes is ALOT

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Not everyone necessarily agrees that this proposition is in fact "an improvement". While some might argue that cards are too hard to farm, there are others who think it is perfectly reasonable. Obviously you can't just ignore the opinions of older players, otherwise why not just double all the rates on the server? Surely that would make everything easier for newcomers.

11. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    30stat* for int warriors like me :)

12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I suppose if you wanted to be that reductionist that sounds about right. I have completed a task that took quite a bit of effort and I am somewhat proud of. In my eyes the difficulty of this task was perfectly reasonable andI wouldn't like other people to share the same achievement for significantly less effort. I could be equally reductionist towards your arguments. You find it difficult to accomplish the same task and deem the process to be unfun/unfair and request the task be made easier so you and future monster book farmers can finish the task more easily.

Now obviously both of our views obviously represent from portion of the player population. Perhaps if you're view was overwhelmingly more dominant I would concede the point, but given the amount of people that already have T10s I doubt that is the case.

13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's already easier to get a t10 ring now than when the book initially came out. With all of the additional mobs that had cards added it's very reasonable to collect enough cards and get a tier 10. The minimum number of cards needed is 1500 but there are 2020 cards in total. That means a person can skip out on 104 sets of cards that they deem too difficult. Many mobs are awful with their drop rate but you can just skip them and move onto easier mobs. Honestly I never really hit trouble until tier 8 or 9. I still have 26 sets to go before I hit tier 10.

The Monster Book isn't even necessary content. I see it more as a prestige item. It shows your dedication and commitment to a character and more of a long term goal to accomplish. I tend to respect players more when I see they have a tier 10 ring. It's definitely a 150+ hour grind if you're trying to be quick, but it's really easy to rack up even more time. It's a mark of pride and making it easier diminishes the achievement of it.

If it is about stats or more HP you're almost always better off leveling up instead, or farming money for better int gear/Pet HP scrolls. 150 hours is a very long time to spend on 10-30 stats and 1k HP. If I had spent my time training instead I could probably gotten another 6 billion exp, which would put me another 13 levels higher, from 164 to 177. I could have used those levels to gain another 65 AP, along with maxing some of my later skills.

I didn't do that though because I saw the MB as more fun and a challenge. I hardly do anything efficiently, I'm here to have fun and the challenge is part of that. I've enjoyed the journey so far and I will continue to enjoy it until I become giddy with excitement when I get that tier 10 ring. It's a feeling that would be lessened if some of that challenge were taken away. Games need mountains like Everest, but at the same time climbing Everest isn't even a tenth the achievement it was 50 years back with locals now doing all of the hard lifting. I like where it's at now, diminishing it further only takes away from the experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    If you're having trouble with the monster book, you should check out this spreadsheet (courtesy of Zooploop) and this one (courtesy of Precel and Bambo). They break down which sets are easiest to get and where the best places to farm them are.

Personally, I like the current challenge of the ring. As people in this thread have pointed out, it's a lot of stats to gain, and that should never come easily in a low rate, challenging, old school server.

Not only that, but it's one of the few things in the server which has to be earned and can't simply be bought (or seldom is). Considering how easy it is to buy leech/levels, I think retaining one thing that requires a devotion of hours upon hours makes getting a Tier 10 ring all that more valuable and brag worthy.

Plus, it's something fun to do with friends. All of Ludibrium clocktower has massive maps best farmed in a party.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Getting tier10 when it was only Victoria island/Orbis/Leafre/Ludi/Temple of time areas.... now theres showa/mushroom shrine/neo tokyo/Shaolin/ Its ALOT easier now.
    Red ribbon pigs were easy for me, but wooden mask and red snails took me forever. Every mob is different for everyone. I know people who got funded JUST FROM CARD FARMING. So many gach tickets drop as well.

16. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:35 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    here is updated version of the first spreadsheet https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/monster-book-efficient-farming-guide.23984/

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    9:35 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You sound like someone who just had a bad day of card farming and decided to rant it out on the forums.

How exactly did you calculate this? If the drop rate is as what you described. then you need to kill 1666666667 mobs just for that 1 card to drop. That number is just unrealistic. Furthermore, the rate/pace in which each card drop is different for each monster.

Additionally, the consensus of card farming being supposedly too hard/having low drop rate is only shared by a very few minority, perhaps if it were to lean to majority of the population (and a lesser number of people having T10), the suggestion could be debatable.

Monster Book is free HP/stat as it rewards players based on their achievement/hours they put into the game grinding. It's not like a T10 ring is a purchasable option, and that the server allowed farming cards as an alternative to get it and made the drop rate purposefully low.

Furthermore, you're a DK, who can just spam roar at the same speed/faster speed than mage ults without the nerf in drop rate, so I really don't see why you're complaining. If that particular mob is too hard for you, just move on to another mob or follow a MB guide.

But then again, you're just someone who decided to complain about slow card farm rate after getting just 42 cards, when I don't see anyone with 1500+ cards ever complaining here.

18. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    1:35 AM
    Bowmaster
    Cards aren't meant to be freebie hand outs due to the T10 ring, given the stats it provides. Maybe if the ring didn't exist, then the rates would be higher for cards, but at the same time a lot of people probably wouldn't collect cards at all. From a collector's viewpoint; I didn't/still don't find collecting cards that bad except for a few areas where the mobs/specific mobs are tedious to kill due to a few different reasons (deep aqua, pepe & yeti combos), the challenge makes it fun for me even if it is time consuming. Approaching it T10 style, I finished my ring before the new cards were added for the first rendition of the monster book release, even then I didn't find it that bad except for high level areas/tedious mobs. For reference, I was a 15X bowmaster with a hearty amount of base int when I grinded for T10.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Buttery Bear

Buttery Bear Orange Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    ButterBear
    Dragon Knight
    Kingdom
    Most people don't even bother with the cards because of how ridiculous trying to get them is. Which is also why you don't see very many people running around with level 10 rings. Most people DO have an issue with the poor droprate, and the only people who have an issue with my proposition of increasing the droprate are the gatekeepers who already put in the ludicrous amount of time needed to accomplish this. You really come out of the woodwork to protect your status.

I care very little for the ring. I just want the cards. I never proposed making the ring easier to get because that's not my focus. I like collecting things. but collecting cards isn't fun, and I want it to be fun. I personally want to get all the sets for every monster card. Not everything in the game has to be tedius, arduous, and monotonous. I'd like to spend 10 minutes at most on a single monster then move to the next one. Considering there's hundreds of monster cards to get, it's still an achievement for getting them all. If this makes the ring too much easier to get, then we can increase the sets required to get a tier10 ring.

This isn't a feeling I've just decided to voice on a whim. It's been bugging me ever since I saw the content was available and tried going for it, and I've spoken with many people who feel the same.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    9:35 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Just get 1 card each from every mob then

Most people here aren't even high-level enough to content with the higher-level mobs to farm them, or are just here for the nostalgia/don't bother. There are also those who have already washed to the HP they want before the content was released, so not a lot of them bother with it. More than half the 4th job population is also made up of mages, and T10 ring isn't really necessary for mages, unless you really want them or want to tank HT w/o MG. Most just pick up whatever they find and won't go out of their way specifically to farm the cards.

So who are these "most people"?