1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Oct 16, 2021.

What is the worst class?

1. Hero

33.3%
  2. DK

8.1%
  3. Paladin

17.2%
  4. Shadower

12.4%
  5. I/L

4.8%
  6. F/P

5.1%
  7. Bishop

3.2%
  8. Corsair

3.8%
  9. Bucc

2.4%
  10. BM

2.4%
  11. MM

3.0%
  12. NL

4.3%
  1. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:07 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    NLs lose 35% of their damage without SE. With NLs posting 5.5 - 5.8m body dpms and 13 - 14m statue dpms, that translates to 3.6 - 3.8m and 8.5 - 9m without SE, respectively. No warriors or shads have broken 3.6m on body and only one paly has beaten 9m for statues.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:07 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Is it really 35%? Seems much more

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    4:07 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:07 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:52 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I believe the general sentiment was that heroes needed some changes, just not the changes the guy was suggesting.

6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Nope
    4th page of the thread

From bananapie
    5th page of the thread
    from JDPJHC
    u were there too, it was a very one-sided bully fest.
    I still agree with bananapie's opinion. The issue is not heroes aint balanced, but rather we have no actual role in bossing. because we only can only offer mediocore single target damage, and not our #1 top cleave damage advantage

The jack of all trades have no place in the meta, hence anything regarded as jack of all trades are considered as classes that requires buffs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Heros will soon have a niche in the foot pedal meta

• Creative Creative x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    bucc is the best because it has alot of buttons and the more buttons the more fun
    also cool transform gfx

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    There is literally no point in buffing hero's single target damage, unless you do something bonkers like 2x it. Any reasonable amount of buff (if ever happens) is still gonna leave their single dpm rock bottom compare to the other class and the exact same discussion will still take place here.

Just rot in cwk and 7f i guess. lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    10:07 AM
    The few votes for DK makes alot of sense. DK is far from the worst class. For casual players in particular its one of the best class to play. We got:
    - Good bossing abillity
    - Great mobbing
    - Its fun and beserk keeps you on the edge

But the best aspect is Dragon Roar. Dragon Roar makes DK great at Questing, collecting Cards, farming items etc. This makes it one of the most independent classes and allows you to play without a bishop/mage mule without major downsides (not everyone wants to invest the time to make multiple chars).

The only real thing that bugs me is that Berserk makes DK more difficult to play than alot of other classes but even with Berserk we only get closer to the damage of other classes. From a game design standpoint that seems like a bug. Having Berserk up should make it so that DK hits slightly harder than comparable classes that are easier to play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    3:07 AM
    I don't actually agree that zerking should make it so that DKs hit harder than comparable classes that are easier to play. If for example you're suggesting that they should be stronger than heroes, then what do heroes have going for them? You could argue that maybe they provide rage as a party buff, but ciders make rage mostly useless. At least DKs have HB which is still somewhat relevant in the current meta. If we were in a meta where everyone (and I mean everyone) is washed to the point that HB isn't relevant, then DKs would be about as useless as heroes, but we aren't at that point (and I don't think we'll ever reach that point, since washing to the extent of making HB irrelevant requires a lot of time which isn't something you can expect from the "casual" playerbase). DKs have to tradeoff more effort to get similar damage with other classes (namely, heroes) in exchange for having a much more useful party buff.

Edit: this is speaking as someone who has extensively played and mained a DK, so it's not that I have anything against my own class. It's just I don't think they deserve buffs unless we're addressing the entirely separate issue of cleaves performing poorly in the end-game bossing meta. Relative to other cleaving/comparable classes, they're in a fine spot though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Any proposed balance change premised around effort or difficulty kind of falls flat when you remember what the #1 DPS class in the game is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2021-11-1_14-35-0.png

Same gloves, cape, and face just comparing a 99 att gun to 134 skis with a 55 level difference(can't forget 140 int either)

DKs are xd

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  14. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:07 AM
    I say DK, but that is only because I find them pretty boring at 4th job (no new attacking skill)

15. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    shadlol.png

mm.PNG

Same gloves, cape and face just comparing a 127 crossbow to 130 dagger with 44 level difference(can't forget 90 int either)

cleavers are xd

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:07 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  17. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    I do feel like its still the same as 2018 which are worst classes (in-order) are (1) Shadower (2) Dark Knights (3) Buccaneers (4) Paladins (5) Heroes

I do think that (1)(2)(3) are MUCH worse than (4)(5)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:07 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  19. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    when pb runners all got 30k hp,worstest will be dk

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Ah wow! The posts about Hero.. well, as a Hero player and fan I'll mention.. I can understand Heroes appear to lack a niche and really aren't especially useful at PB however I think the shade thrown at Hero is a bit overstated.

Quick Hero rundown:
    High base HP, low amount of HP wash needed
    Decently high base damage, don't need pog equips for decent damage
    Mobility is helped with stance+mount like the other warriors
    They don't do horrible damage to just about anything but they do fall under other jobs at 1v1 scenarios depending on the target
    Is incredible easy to play lol
    They demolish non-boss mobs and it's pretty fun to melt things in numbers like that

Hero at boss:
    Hero is stand out amazing at Zak and is very needed, sought after, and useful at CWKPQ. Also due to the heads cleave, Hero is great at HT and also because of their HP and cleave they can do foot+tail which is especially helpful for noob squads.
    However Hero has no distinct role at the late game bosses and thus is either at times left out or naturally treated as a second option, sometimes covering roles other classes usually do just to get a slot such as being a sed mule because attacker slots are full but that's life sometimes just sign up for more runs and you'll find a spot somewhere the ldrs are all good

Downsides...
    Hero can fall behind at 1v1 targets especially elemental targets or fast moving targets like crow or at times pink bean
    The recent idea "they lack a niche" is true also there's no distinguished role for them but they are a valuable luxury if the squad leader can fit one in depending on the boss.

Saving grace:
    Hero has a ton of range on Brandish so the quick moving targets can be handled well with good spacing and also Hero is reliable dpm vs 1v1 targets even if other jobs outclass them in this department. Hero is also elite at JC while providing synergy with every other job including the elite pairing of Hero+Bucc or the trio of Hero+Ranged.

Overall I guess the question is.. do you like plain toast? There's nothing too exciting about Hero but they're a foolproof job that acts as a failsafe at a couple of bosses such as Zak and CWKPQ. While they lack a distinct role at more organized bosses like HT and PB, they're still a strong option for the former although may be consistently overlooked for the latter.
    *edited in JC part :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1