1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Release] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    5:31 AM
    That's why this is an alternative to "classic" HP washing. You cannot opt for both. If you choose the challenges, you already know what your HP ceiling will be. If you consider that ceiling not enough for your goals, then there's the "classic" route with all their advantages (higher maxHP cap) and disadvantages (longer time to achieve not only because of the time requiring to vote but also the time it'll take for your character to actually be usable at over lvl 180 or even higher levels).

2. Chelmsford

Chelmsford Red Snail

Jun 24, 2022
    Male
    11:31 AM
    Chelmsford
    Community
    I understand all that. My question is primarily around the waiting time for the next tiers of challenges as it seems only the 100 and 110 are going to be released now. I don't want to complete these two and then be stuck with an insufficient amount of HP to do bossing for a long time while waiting for the latter tiers to be released, with my HP now also being locked.

3. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    5:31 AM
    I don't know for sure how long it'll take for the next challenges to be released but I am sure they will come regularly with the next updates (christmas, valentines, anniversary, and so on) consider the testing phase has been out there for a while (~1 year) so I presume the full implementation of the system will take at least the same amount of time. Either way, only the admins/devs. will decide how they roll out the changes, and that after all it will imply some waiting time (either challenges or washing route) so there's no way to circunvent some waiting time anyways. That is, not being willing to start the challenges until they are fully implemented would imply a waiting time (hence being also "stuck") in the same way one waits until they have enough NX in their pocket to start leveling up a new character, the waiting is unavoidable.

I also understand what you say but it is still a bit vague. The decision about choosing this path depends on multiple factors: 1) whats your current level/maxHP?, 2) how far are you from the bossing content you want to regularly do?, 3) How fast you want to get to that goal? You may want to ask yourself those questions and decide.

4. MaxDamage

MaxDamage Blue Snail

Nov 3, 2023
    Male
    1:31 PM
    Thank you for your comment.

Sorry again, about my first question:
    Did it means that "you can still opt-in" but AP reset those points before?

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:31 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yeah you can still opt in, just need to remove you AP points you currently have in HP/MP and then you can talk with Rosa to claim the HP from the completed tier(s).

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheBlizz

TheBlizz Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2023
    6:31 PM
    Beginner
    How you getting 26k at 142? Based off the table you gonna get 26k at 170 ish... i guess traditional hp washing still works best

7. HyunSeok

HyunSeok Mano

Apr 3, 2018
    Male
    6:31 AM
    Silvic
    Priest
    Guildless
    Does this mean that for those who previously hp washed MUST remove their AP in HP? I was hoping that Rosa would just reward the difference in HP to bring you to the tier cap.

Hoping the latter is true so that I dont have to grind for NX to remove all the AP in HP :(

Referring the below QA:

xiaoyaoz said: ↑
    7. I have washed my character, but I have lower HP than the HP threshold stated. Can I still opt-in?
    Yes, you can still opt-in; but the HP reward will be adjusted to match the HP threshold.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You need to remove the AP you put into HP/MP back into your base stats, no need to otherwise alter your HP/MP.

So Basically if you use the $bloodwash command it has to say 0.

9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    3:31 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I understand this language is confusing for folks let me try to explain the best I can.

When they say "AP in HP/Mp" they are not talking about the ACTUAL HP VALUE. You know how when you level you have 5 AP and you can put it in HPMP or one of the 5 stats? THAT'S what this is referring to. If you have any "extra" AP in the HP MP category you have to take it out.

For example let's say you washed a little bit and you have a little extra HP. You do not need to get rid of your extra HP. But you will most likely have at least 1 AP point in the HP MP category. You will be 1 APR to get that out and put it back into the main stat before you can do the challenges

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    To piggy back on this, a simple method of figuring out how much AP stat you have in HP/MP is to use the $bloodwash command in the discord.

11. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    It shows how many AP you DON'T have in STR/DEX/INT/LUK, I've seen a few people with Fresh AP get confused because it'll show you the amount of AP in HP, MP, and Unallocated (Fresh)

12. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    As a note, when you try to complete the mini quiz to unlock the HP reward, Rosa will block you if you have any AP in HP/MP, and will tell you how many points you need to remove.
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. tommywoo12

tommywoo12 Snail

Nov 6, 2023
    8:31 PM
    Can i still start my hp challenges as a level 113 and still do the first set of challenges(100-110) on top of the 110-120 ones?

14. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    You should be able to start the challenges anytime after level 100. A level 200 can participate doing the tier 1 level 100 challenges for example

15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Are these changes in effect yet? Sorry, I've been away for a while.

16. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yes, they are live as of the last patch although you can only do the first 2 tiers. There is a guide on the forum somewhere on how to complete the storyline quest

17. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Mr. Map is back!!!! Here's cereal box's guide on tiers 1 and 2.

18. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    upload_2023-11-26_22-9-42.png

At Lv180, is 3400 HP enough for a Magician at Pink Bean ? Isn't this below minimum requirements? It feels underwhelming.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It is enough for res / holy shield bishop mules provided you wear some hp equips, for archmage, i don't think its enough

20. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    To clarify, my question is for an active single client Magician player, not a mule.