1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff LPQ bonus stage nx drop

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Manohjay, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    4:54 PM
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    Currently, the drop rate for the nx cards in the bonus stage for LPQ is terrible. On an average run, I'm getting anywhere 0/100/250 nx only. This deters people from doing LPQ as often because sometimes it's not worth spending anywhere from 15-30min to get 0 nx.

It would be helpful if the drop-rate was increased to similar rates as in CWKPQ(or less).

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    6:54 AM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    Doesn't cwkpq take around an hour to clear? (Havent done it before) Lpq only takes 15-20 minutes to run. With a decent party where no-one is slacking off sub 15 is definitely doable as well.
    It would make sense for a longer and harder pq to have a higher drop rate.

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:54 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Was LPQ nerfed? Last time I did it every box dropped 100 nx guaranteed and sometimes also dropped 250 nx.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 4thJobHokage

4thJobHokage Red Snail

May 9, 2017
    Male
    2:54 PM
    Fighter
    DevilFruit
    I disagree, LPQ isn't done for NX, it's done for EXP, Broken Glasses, because it's more fun than grinding & some mesos can be made NPCing the Earrings/Capes as well as the occasional decent 60% scroll from finishing it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Whorchata

Whorchata Snail

Feb 4, 2019
    Female
    3:54 PM
    Priest, Cleric
    I liiiiiive for LPQ and this is entirely true. Heck, there was one night where the group of people I had was doing it close to 12 mins. (We did get lucky a couple times with the number box part lol). Plus, with voting and events (which happen fairly often) getting nx isn't all that hard.

6. 4thJobHokage

4thJobHokage Red Snail

May 9, 2017
    Male
    Fighter
    DevilFruit
    I've heard of near 5 minute runs back in the day in Japan. 1x exp was slow so people had to find fast ways to level. People would all have specific rolls down to who will be hitting which boxes in stage 2. Everything is planned out before the runs. Max haste fast would be the way to go so you'd be wanted on all LPQ runs even as a priority over crit throw. I believe the box stage was even done with no alt+down, hence why people came out with the JMS way, easier to navigate with no alt-downs & faster. I believe the record was around 5 minutes flat which was a near all lvl50 party who could take down Ali fast, getting the box stage in the first 15 seconds with luck. Even with average luck & not as godly of a party though, sub 10 was common.

7. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    4:54 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I'm back from almost a 6months break and noticed (not just me, lpqers in general as well) that LPQ Bonus Stage NX rewards (nerfed?) weren't as what they were before i took a break.
    Variables per LPQ round:
    • Duration per LPQ (averages 25mins - worse end), no changes as based on players
      • NX drops per round: 1year ago (averages 400 to 600+)
        • 1hr of LPQ = 2~3 rounds (provided all members stay & continue)
          • = Avg 800 to 1,200 NX or,
          • = Avg 1,200 to 1,800 NX
      • NX drops per round: now (averages 0 to 100+)
        • 1hr of LPQ = 2~3 rounds (provided all members stay & continue)
          • = Avg 0 to 200 NX
          • = Avg 0 to 300 NX
          • "what... wait 2~3 rounds and u get 0 NX drops? NANI?!"
          • yes, it happens more often than usual now, apparently.
    Considering that lpqers trade off their time spent doing LPQ (which includes: putting up with various kinds of players situation, timezone, trolls, downtime from waiting for a Party to be formed and what nots), the rates now do not seem enticing, worth and lesser veteran lpq players are around to help the newcomers/impart knowledge. Impart knowledge, in a way where majority of the time i get asked about HP/MP washing from newcomers here (instead of leeching/grinding maps) and give some feedback to them when they're this low of a lvl for them to make necessary changes to their stats/plan.

If anyone has word if LPQ bonus stage nx was changed/nerfed since late 2018 till present, please do share and if possible, why?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    To my knowledge, the chance hasn't been nerfed, even though I did get reports from people claiming that they get less NX than they used to before.

If it was nerfed or if it were to be nerfed, reasons I can think for it is because it's a repeatable source of NX as well as to control NX income/spending.

FYI, NX tickets from PQ is implemented in early 2019 so it can't be 2018.

In my opinion, doing PQs isn't a method of NX farming, it's more so designed to be a small bonus on top of what PQs already give you. Consider XP and other rewards as well.

Edit: last paragraph

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  9. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    may i ask if any checks/steps & actions will be taken?

my bad, yea I mixed up the months.

I agree its a repeatable source of NX, but as well as some of us love to LPQ or do PQs in general as a break away from Grinding/Leeching, which requires us to invest our time and mesos (willing opportunity cost we forgo from mesos + drops from mob). Also, its a ground for some of us guilds to headhunt new members. If we were to farm NX here, i don't see what's wrong here, be it for NX clothes or AP resets.

10. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I've looked through patch notes and staff chat and still see no nerf on LPQ NX.

LPQ was already one of the preferred sources of XP and mesos before NX bonus got implemented, I don't think it'd be balanced if we apply another buff on it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  11. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    There were a handful of things that have been nerfed that were undocumented

12. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    from: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-solution.24832/page-5#post-186751

was there any documentation/announcement for the cwkpq bonus stg nx as well?

13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  14. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    not really another buff but back to its original state (when NX was introduced to LPQ) would be great imo.