1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden mage droprate nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, May 3, 2020.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    11:27 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Everybody knows at this point that mages got a nerf to their droprate, but the exact details are unknown. Why staff have been completely silent on this is beyond me, but in my opinion it ruins the point of playing a mage, especially an Arch Mage. You give up your ability to boss effectively and any useful party buffs in exchange for the ability to farm better than any other class. So I don't see why drop rates should be nerfed. All this does it push people further towards selling leech, because it makes leech a more attractive option compared to hunting for scrolls and equips.

2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    7:27 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    While i agree that it should not be a 'hidden' nerf, i dont think a droprate nerf makes mages unplayable.

People will play arch mages regardless selling leech or not.

3. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    It removes the whole point of AM though. Imagine if taking an attacker class into bosses made the boss have a 50% droprate nerf or w/e, it would feel like shit.

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    2:27 AM
    DMsRebirth
    I'm pretty sure the only items whose drop rate are nerfed based on number of targets are event items. Everything else is unaffected.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    They can sell leech AND farm for items at the same time. They're already so broken strong ... I'm not sure why you think it's unfair at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I have asked several GMs in the past and no one would/could give me the details on the drop rate nerf, I suspect only Kimmy and the devs actually know. I am not going to argue one way or another on if it is a good idea, but I would like to know 1) which items it affects, 2) which skills are affected (just the ults or any mobbing skill?), 3) the exact nerf rate %, 4) if the nerf is a blanket nerf whenever an attack is cast or it looks at the number of mobs hit by that particular attack (how many mobs were in range etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta