1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mapowner is not friendly to single-client players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    4:22 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    During the ongoing Luna New Year & Valentines events, there is a huge mapowner competition on popular maps like ulu2.

While players like me can use a second character to hold the map when leaving for the 888 quest, single client players (often relatively new to ML) struggles to keep their maps.

I don't think holding a map while temporary leaving is wrong. But I do feel we should make it more fair for those who don't play a second character or second client.

One the other hand, I feel it's too easy for a player to hold a map semi-afking. (1 kill every 5 minutes)

Therefore my suggestions:
    1. Reduce mapowner lifespan from 5 minutes to 2 minutes since the last kill.
    2. Even if the player left the map (town, FM, cash shop, disconnected, died), the mapowner is still valid within its lifespan.
    For reference: Mystic Door lasts for 3 minutes, Holy Symbol lasts for 2 minutes.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    So ur suggestion is based on a small inconvenience during busier events.

But is this necessary without events?
    (No)
    Therefore ur suggestion cant hold up im sorry

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:22 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    What if @mapowner still worked if the attacking character left map/went to the FM? The biggest issue I've seen with how it works in folks getting their map swiped when they hop into the FM for a moment.

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Why do you need to hold a map for hours on end leave some room for maps to swap owners.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:22 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Maybe keep 5 minutes timer (2 minutes is low imo cuz sometimes u need to bathroom or get something outside of your home) and make it 2 mins timer if the player is out of the map (dc/quest/fm)

6. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    3:22 AM
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    "Mapowner is not friendly to single-client players"

I agree with this. But how to fix it? Ban multiclient? Get rid of mapowner entirely? Reduce the timer? Make other maps more appealing? Make changes that encourage partying with other real people? Personally, I prefer the last 2 options.

But of course we know no change will be implemented. It's part of the reason I've gone back to modern Maple, despite all it's flaws. I do still like to play Legends, but it could be better.

7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    The lifespan reduction is meant for that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Mapowner should not even be on all maps mainly perhaps only the most popular ones. Players should play and quest together in parties and not just yell cc every chance they have a chance. . Look at a map like Henesys Hunting ground back in the day that was the place to be and people would hang out, spam their skills and farm there, inspire new low levels players and have fun. Now with theese mapowner rules that is so black and white there can only be one player in that map. The unwritten rules for Mapowner are so unclear and dumb. Just like how staff likes it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:22 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why stick to meta maps but not meta strategies?

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    4:22 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    I have a friend who plays a bishop main. And that's his only character so far.
    He had a difficult time selling ulu2 leech during this event.

I don't know if there is an alternative leech spot for 90-105 as good as ulu2.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Could they not have forgone turning in the quest to keep mapowner? Seems like a self-imposed situation wanting best of both worlds.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    • Creative Creative x 5
  14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Exactly, instead of acting like an entitled condescending child that I am already aware you are I think your time is better spend on a different platform. There's absolutely no need for responses like these while you are the one contradicting yourself before that. Show some respect perhaps.

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:22 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that this problem goes much further than the mapowner, perhaps when the server has more players on the mini dungeons being activated is a good thing, it doesn't have to be forever (or it could be) but in events
    This is when you need it most.. another suggestion would be to rework/add some maps

16. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes, this is what he did in the end.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The alternative for single clienters could be to rely on a friend to keep map while they go to turn in the quest. While it may be a hassle, IMO players should be the ones coming up with solutions rather than asking for changes on a system that has been working well for many years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    I thought people designing this system might not be aware of this problem.
    I'm OK if it's deliberately designed like that, because it doesn't affect me anyways.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Listen you either have map owner or you don't and if you don't there are a whole bunch of grey areas where it gets confusing some of those are listed in the linked terms of conditions by pickachu some are not even ruled, so yes I find mapowner dumb to have in pretty much all maps.

I find it hard to respect certain staff members, when they bend their own rules for their own benefit, do not ask clear questions, when they get asked a clear question and responds with something completely diffrent and it takes them three days to make a response, removes post and the list goes on.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I’d take 3 months to respond to people like philip. Bottom of the list

• Friendly Friendly x 4