1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance January 6, 2019

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:47 AM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on January 6, 2019. It will last approximately 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    6 PM server time

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    Changes and Updates:
    • Another fix attempt at making Achilles work against magic attacks
    • Behind the scene and internal improvements for staff members
    • Behind the scene changes for future content
    • Complete server restart - Going into Cash Shop should be quick again hopefully

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff & Administration-

• Like Like x 4
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    9:47 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Is it possible to get a 24 hour notice for all "Scheduled" Maintenance? Taking down 10 stores is a lot easier than needing each one to go out to the NPC to collect store belongings and come back in. If I know they're coming, they are easy to manage. Waking up and unexpectedly finding one going on is loathsome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:47 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You have ten stores??

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Check out cc6 fm2 sometime.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No. We schedule them based on when we are finished with the things we are planning to do. I am not giving special treatment for people having 10 stores...

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I'm not asking for special treatment, silly. But it's hardly "scheduled" if it's this spontaneous. I understand emergency server updates when crucial errors arrive, but giving us time to take down our stores (even if we only have 1 store) is kind. Besides, I saw no crawl in the FM last night about this, either. "Scheduled" insinuates everyone knows - and a 24-hour notice is common practice.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You had 8 hours. I don't see how this is lacking time.

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I was sleeping!!!

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Normal sleeping patterns allow for 8 hours. People also work 8 hour shifts. 8 hours is NOT enough time. 24 hours is standard practice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Well, that's unfortunate. This is last day of my holiday, and we were done with the behind the scene changes for this session. The server uptime was 11 days. I agree that sometimes we do 1 to 2 hours pre-schedule which is a bit short. I disagree however that 8 hours is not enough. Just unfortunate that it was through your sleeping session.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Just want to point out that making an announcement that a server restart will be coming in the future is not giving anyone special treatment. This is an announcement to everyone. But some people, apparently, would benefit more from this announcement than others.

That said, you shouldn't be giving Kimberly a hard time for doing her job and fixing bugs on the server. There's many heroes out there that could be benefiting from their achilles skill, and sorry to say, but they probably outweigh one cranky guy with ten FM shops.

12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    You live to bitch, dude.

13. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    12:47 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Annolis has 10 shops set up that sell common low level quest items that are extremely useful to new players, at prices new players can afford. He is not a merch complaining that he can't maximize his control of the FM. I consider his diligent shop upkeep with all of his accounts a service to the community. I doubt he makes much profit at all compared to the time he gives up for it. Don't take his suggestion the wrong way. I agree with him and disagree with Kimberly about this. Maintenances are almost always at the same time of day. So if someone works or sleeps during or shortly before that time, they are at a disadvantage to players who aren't. A 24 hour notice (if possible) at least helps those players prepare and shortens that disadvantage.

Otherwise why bother including "scheduled" at all?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Then I don't include the word 'schedule' next time. Maintenances are done when they are ready, and that's it. Again, I really don't keep in mind if someone with 10 accounts/characters is not being able to set up all stores in time, regardless of intentions. You are not meant to setup that ridiculous amount of stores in normal game play. Using them to put them all in FM 1 is honestly rude even, since you don't give other people chances to have spots.

Maintenances are done for bug fixes, and are not going to be delayed just to fit everyone's sleep schedule.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  15. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    12:47 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I'm sure you are already doing this to some extent and try your best to let all players - across all time zones, know about any upcoming maintenance. Just a friendly reminder that many players are put at a disadvantage when not enough notice is given (and again, reasonable notice would be 24 hours if possible).

10 FM1 spots might be rude, but 10 spots in FM6 on CH2 like what Annolis does? I guess "normal gameplay" is not doing a service to the community lol

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Than I see even less what even the issue is, since we are doing it like this for years. To give you another example the time we usually do a maintenance (6 PM server time) is incredible late for our Asia user base. That's their disadvantage. Especially yesterday when it dragged out longer its no doubt that some already went to bed, and thus missed a chance for a good FM spot.

The story I am trying tell basically is that there's no way for us to make up for everyone. Delaying a maintenance (thus delaying our schedule/bug fixes) is not a good practice, and having a 11 day uptime (thus some people having a good FM spot for 11 days) is more than enough. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you are not.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danna

Danna Slime

May 19, 2018
    Female
    New York
    7:47 AM
    Cherrywine
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unlike other people on this small server that enjoy merching off new players, Annolis is actually a genuine player that legit helps us all. He does a great job for the community so I don't think he deserves this "attitude" from you guys.

18. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Guys can you stop?
    The suggestion was heard and the server owner said no with a valid explanation. It might not be the most pleasing answer, but it's an answer that you could understand (she's got a life too and wanted to push out the update before going back to work today).
    I agree with AnnolisAnnolis being a good guy and I don't think he means to offend anyone, but please understand that running a considerable server requires you to make decisions that might not always be what people want. I'm sure everyone has had to make decisions like that in whatever project they've done in their life.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Kimberly, I think you are misinterpreting my request. The others know where I set up all ten of my stores (Channel 6, FM 2 - where nobody intentionally goes - which I do on purpose), so I'm not asking for a 24-hour notice just so I have better chances for better spots in the FM. I truly find competing for store placement a waste of time and energy. The spots I want will still be available to me even if my stores haven't been up 24 hours after the server comes back online. You may have been doing it for years, but that doesn't mean you've been doing it right for years. When server checks happen at 6PM your time is about 10-11 AM my time, which means they're happening while I'm at work and won't be able to do anything about it for another 6 hours - and I'm FINE with that...as annoying as it is, because I'm well aware that everyone faces different advantages/disadvantages when it comes to time zones. If, however, I'm aware that it's happening, I can take down my stores well ahead of the maintenance and set them back up when I get home. It's so much easier to manually take down stores to set them back up later than it is to have to get your stuff back from the FM NPC - and this is the ONLY reason I ask for such a notification. Another favorite time of yours to do server checks hits me in the middle of the night - but, again, if I'm aware of them happening, I will sometimes wake myself up just to take down my stores and then go back to bed. All I'm asking for is the courtesy to be given enough time to prepare for the server check.

To say that you aren't meant to set up "that ridiculous amount of stores in normal game play" is patently false - you'd just have to have a lot of money to be able to do it. In GMS, I had three stores up using Permits. I'm not asking, nor would I ever ask, for you to delay a maintenance. All I'm asking for is you give more than just an 8 hour notice. GMS gave a 24 hour notice. That's all I'm asking for.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Alright.. hold on..

"It's much easier to get things manually from a store." How is that? You'd have to enter the FM, go ch2 fm6, take down your store, making sure there's enough inventory space on your character. Whereas the Frederick NPC is right at the FM entrance. So... my guess is, you just have a bunch of mules parked in fm6 ch2, and log them off, and you are literally only bitching about having to leave that map, walk a few steps to click on Frederick, and go back to set up your shop. This is just ridiculous.

I'm also confused how all these shops that are in such an out of the way place where "no one intentionally goes" actually helps anyone much. You know what, this is just memes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 3