1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happended to the economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ijw0908, Mar 6, 2022.

1. ijw0908

ijw0908 Slime

Jun 16, 2020
    8:29 AM
    Beginner
    Ws & cs is 280m nowdays. Also, other valuable items(fs, bwg, pgc, gacha locked 30% scrolls) price is skyrocketing everyday.

I recently witness tons of rwt bans but item prices does not change. Do users actually have enough buying powers to afford these?(Personally, I have witnessed so many late game users who give up progressing or quit). I just wonder how others think about nowdays ml economy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    7:29 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    More mages

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:29 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Users can actually afford these items at current prices, or else the current prices would not stick. People would lower their prices if nobody was purchasing the items.

As for the state of the economy, I think we should just accept it as it is. If you have any good ideas on how to fix things make a suggestion post.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:29 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The lack of toxic funny react has caused people to lose interest on the forums, thus spending their time more effectively on the game and producing more mesos.

• Agree x 26
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    7:29 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Owl Of Minerva

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A larger percentage of the population are in end game and have accepted the more optimized modes of production.

In addition, there have been little to no meaningful changes in reducing meso generation, so a handful of people are becoming very influential in a market throttled by supply by their advantageous purchasing power.

To put it in a real market situation: you are seeing a few people with higher salaries buying out all the food in a grocery store with limited food supplies by offering more money to the unwitting store clerks who are told to sell to the highest bidders. Sure there are other aisles of goods leftover that may have utility value, but when all of the demand is focused on one thing, only the people who have the highest purchasing power can compete in a truly free market and survive.

In a real life situation, obviously people would resort to illegal things like stealing, ransacking, etc. in order to survive and not starve. In Maple, you don’t have as many options, so you see things like RWT or stupid market shenanigans like buying out all of one item in hopes of choking out a profit through monopolization (which doesn’t make sense when that item will continue to be produced elsewhere for free). Or, you see more people buying into the aforementioned optimized modes of production and submitting to the mage meta.

:^)

But beyond that, the current circle jerk of end-game balancing/weighting is what is contributing to this singular demand for end-game items. If there was a way to bring back willingness to participate in suboptimal content, it could ease the current one-track mindedness of some players in this server.

Edit:
    To add, the production of bossing coins still have not caught up to the value of mage farming, so mage farming still stands as the most viable strategy. Based on current numbers, bossing to farm coins will find parity with mage farming strats when coin prices are somewhere around 4-5m.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:29 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I have accepted ML as is it now, is not made for people like me anymore, a person that just boss for fun and to spend time with people. ML is made for those that can 5 mage farm for hours as they do something else otherwise the progression will be severely slowed down on the endgame.
    I've been waiting for a fix for the WS prices for over a year and we got the coin system, I got pretty hype and started bossing more but after some time I feel like they ninja nerfed the bags, I know I may get a reply saying that all drop adjustment are notified on the patch notes but I just don't trust them. I have no fix for this but at least they could buff the bag drop rate so losers like me can get a hold of some coins to get some WS as the one that farm mesos can still buy a ton of those if they put on the hours.
    Also last point, I do see people complaining about old players being rich, I am one of the oldest players and I'm poor as fuck, rich people are rich because they pour hours into efficient farming and I just don't, the only advantage I got over new people is the fact that I had far more time to wash.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:29 AM
  9. firstwolf

firstwolf Slime

Jul 3, 2020
    6:29 PM
    firstwolf
    Magician
    Honestly, yeah MW20/WS/CS have come up a lot in price but in general gear and scroll prices have remained pretty steady over the last year.

I’m not sure what should be done to balance WS/CS issue. The MW20 situation could be remedied by having alternate MW20 streams.

10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    there is no MW20 situation...

mw20 seems fine to me imo, maybe slightly cheap too. Before covid and years before it used to be an easy 450m if i recall, so 300m currently is already low.

players come and go due to multiple reasons and having mw20 (70% pass) is surely not the majority one, so I don't really see any need to increase the droptable of MW20. If any, it is over farmed currently. If u were to increase it's droptable, It would most definitely harm those runners and in this multi mage era, no thanks. What could be done tho is to increase drop rates (i.e. 2x more) of Coin pouches across all longer instances runs such as Zak and especially HT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. nunc

nunc Red Snail

Dec 29, 2021
    Nunc
    scripters happened. Basically people nowadays are using scripting tools to automatically playback keyboard inputs recorded over long periods of time actually grinding (like a 5 minute recording of your key presses) and are looping those things to effectively grind / quad mage farm.
    Sadge

• Like Like x 1
  12. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    Publicly accusing of botting :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Root cause of the problem? Multiclienting…

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This sounds like some major projection to me.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    That would just make people buy Pro to set up virtual desktops, or buy multiple computers to do the same thing. Effectively it becomes an irl rich vs poor problem, who can afford a good computer to virtual, or several okay computers, to multiclient all at once.

Wouldn't solve the problem, it would just make the situation worse, sadly.

17. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Is there really no real way to:
    1. Limit to 1 client per PC opened and allow the use of say: sandboxie (3rd party programme) to open 1-2 clients for storage/muling purposes

2. Limit to 1-2 client per IP

3. Could also Make it a ban-able offense for individuals who attempt to bypass >1-2 client if this is trackable at all.

I've been on servers where the individual client can't be opened more than once and a 3rd party programme such as sandboxie was used to open an additional 2 more clients. Where opening a 4th and attempting to log in would be blocked. I'm not sure if the clients are running base on difference source but if any it seems that that particular server had it done right to prevent >3 clients per IP/Com.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    That's just gonna lead to vpns, it's always a losing battle.

19. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    The only way you can do that is to limit 1 per IP, which is really reductive when you consider:
    • Internet Cafes(yes they still exist)
    • Multiple players in a family(what are we gonna pull a Nintendo?)
    • I'm sure there are other things to take into account, but those are the two big things. What happens when 3 siblings or friends want to play on an account *one IP*? What happens when my friend comes over and wants to play? Reducing it to any amount is akin to old dial up days. You can call someone or you can surf the internet, unless you have 2 lines, you can't do both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it should be noted that stopping multiclienting will just crystallize the wealth disparity on the server

i would instead consider getting creative and find some strat that can compete with the meta

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1